Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Hi folks, does anyone have a recommendation for a plumber? Looking to get a load of new radiators and potentially move our boiler do up the downstairs loo!

I don't have any contacts really in Naas so was hoping someone might have a recommendation?

I got Trevor Geraghty to fit new rads for me a couple of weeks ago. He did a great job, fast clean and efficient. He's in Celbridge. Properly VAT registered and insured which is important!

0877476945 trevor.g@live.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

eoghan104 wrote:
    Hi folks, does anyone have a recommendation for a plumber? Looking to get a load of new radiators and potentially move our boiler do up the downstairs loo!

I'm in Newbridge and always use Mick Sammon. Reasonable prices and good clean work.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adgib

I'd recommend Fahrenheit heating and plumbing, based in Naas

adgib wrote: »
    I'd recommend Fahrenheit heating and plumbing, based in Naas

I only use the metric system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

Delayed yet again!
    I wonder is it anything to do with the rumor that there are two lanes crossing over the M7 at Kerry group that merge into one at the roundabout on the ring road instead of remaining two separate lanes for traffic onto the ring road. Gonna cause major tail backs at pear traffic times.
    There is also a rumor that there is a missing bicycle lane. No joined up thinking on someone's part. There are bicycle lanes on the ring road through Osberstown/Mellinium park and the Sallins bypass but the link between the two i.e. the bridge crossing over the M7 at Kerry group the bicycle lane is non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Naas Man wrote: »
    Delayed yet again!
    I wonder is it anything to do with the rumor that there are two lanes crossing over the M7 at Kerry group that merge into one at the roundabout on the ring road instead of remaining two separate lanes for traffic onto the ring road. Gonna cause major tail backs at pear traffic times.
    There is also a rumor that there is a missing bicycle lane. No joined up thinking on someone's part. There are bicycle lanes on the ring road through Osberstown/Mellinium park and the Sallins bypass but the link between the two i.e. the bridge crossing over the M7 at Kerry group the bicycle lane is non existent.

So far, not one single "rumor" has come to fruition.

I'm amazed at how people believe such rubbish without question.

There are delays to many projects as there's a shortage of construction workers as many Polish, Bulgarian and Romanian workers went home at the start of the initial lock down and have not returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Naas Man wrote: »
    Delayed yet again!

yea - that is a joke - if they have to build the great wall of china, it may not finished yet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

the should probably abandon it. Even at this late stage, no point in throwing good money after bad. they just need to set up a committee to review the feasibility of completing this bypass. money could be better used elsewhere in sallins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hey, anyone know of any chemists in the town that weigh babies ? Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

the should probably abandon it. Even at this late stage, no point in throwing good money after bad. they just need to set up a committee to review the feasibility of completing this bypass. money could be better used elsewhere in sallins.

Fair point. They should pump time and money into the committee review....instead of taking the 3/4 months to finish it 😂

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Fairly good scales in the sorting office on the Blessington road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Weigh yourself and then weigh with baby in arms and calculate difference 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Marrons in Clane. Don't know any in Naas but maybe ring aound. May not be available during COVID.

Does anyone know someone who does grinds for honours english (face to face, not zoom)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

There's a part-time teaching job (Spanish) going at Harristown House, just a few minutes south of Naas.
    This is a part time position starting in June 2021. The position will be for 8/10 weeks during the summer Monday to Friday and then after school from September 2021. We aspire to a fun dynamic child centred learning atmosphere where the emphasis is on the oral production in the language. The suitable candidate will have experience in teaching Spanish as a foreign language or may have experience teaching English as a foreign language and be fluent in Spanish. Flexibility and creativity is a must for this job. This person will be happy to work independently.

Please apply at https://kildarejobs.ie/job/14129072/part-time-primary-spanish-teacher

do you need to book a table naas pubs in the evenings?, or can you just walk in and grab a table? as a substantial meal needs to be consumed, im wondering if a booking is needed.

tks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

most places are fully booked up until xmas, I would advise to ring in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

do you need to book a table naas pubs in the evenings?, or can you just walk in and grab a table? as a substantial meal needs to be consumed, im wondering if a booking is needed.

tks

Yes booking required

if you like Chinese try the chinese in Johnstown, probably easier to get something there

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    if you like Chinese try the chinese in Johnstown, probably easier to get something there

tks for all suggestions. i dont want to book unless i have to cancel or party number is 2 instead of 6. so restaurant/pub loses out. Hence reason i was seeing if booking is required.

My god Naas is manic today with traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

It’s always riddled with traffic at some point of the day, every Christmas is this bad. Worse. And no options for anyone but to drive to do the Christmas shopping. Few cycle lanes and no local bus routes.

I thought it was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

I'm with family in Naas and my 48.ie SIM died unexpectedly on Christmas Eve. I was in touch with 48 support who ordered a replacement for me but with post the way it is, it could be next week before it arrives...

I really need my number back for work so if anyone has an unused/unactivated 48.ie SIM in the Naas or Kildare area, please PM and I would happily take it off your hands. I know it’s a long shot and sorry if not appropriate to post here. Thanks

UPDATE/EDIT - I got sorted with a sim. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

cjlawlor wrote: »

I really need my number back for work so if anyone has an unused/unactivated 48.ie SIM in the Naas or Kildare area, please PM and I would happily take it off your hands. I know it’s a long shot and sorry if not appropriate to post here. Thanks

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Want to get my da in his 70s a relaxing back and head massage for an hour. Where would be a suitable place around naas or surroundings?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Want to get my da in his 70s a relaxing back and head massage for an hour. Where would be a suitable place around naas or surroundings?

The Osprey or Killashee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

The Osprey or Killashee.

Any reason you prefer them to independents?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Any reason you prefer them to independents?

None, they're the 2 I've experience of and both very good.

Advertisement