Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

wilser wrote: »
    I'd also like to know.I'm in Sallins over 20 years and I've no idea what they are talking about

Same here...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

What type of anti social behaviour is in Sallins?

To be fair the poster said 'maybe' !

I'm in Sallins 20 years and the worst I've seen is poor auld Joe playing his one string guitar with an amp at Super Valu and the train station. Other than that there has been next to nothing here anti-social wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

I'd also like to know.I'm in Sallins over 20 years and I've no idea what they are talking about

Sallins playground was trashed before official opening. Last time I was in sallins playground two groups of teenagers had a serious fight. No blood but heavy punches. Had to explain to my 6yr old nephew who doesn't want to go back.

Suppose nowhere else to hang around when you are a teenager in sallins and it wasn't too serious a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Went a walk near the big Tesco around about 8pm last night, OMG. The air pollution almost killed me.:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Sallins playground was trashed before official opening. Last time I was in sallins playground two groups of teenagers had a serious fight. No blood but heavy punches. Had to explain to my 6yr old nephew who doesn't want to go back.

Suppose nowhere else to hang around when you are a teenager in sallins and it wasn't too serious a fight

So, not a whole lot different to the playground in Monread then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

I love how that’s the only part of my post people read. I just said maybe Sallins cause on my few times in sallins I’ve seen people clearly on drugs and personally have been beaten to a shred for no reason while walking through Sallins to the train station and the gardai never caught them. That’s why I said “maybe sallins”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Tomrota wrote: »
    I love how that’s the only part of my post people read. I just said maybe Sallins cause on my few times in sallins I’ve seen people clearly on drugs and personally have been beaten to a shred for no reason while walking through Sallins to the train station and the gardai never caught them. That’s why I said “maybe sallins”.

I honestly don’t know how you managed to be so unfortunate. I have been living in Sallins for over 15 years, used to be on the train every weekday too. I honestly find Sallins to be incredibly quiet. Have never seen any anti social behaviour. I spent years living in Dublin City centre and working there, and I know what anti social behaviour is.
    Sorry to hear that you were beaten up, but also baffled at your misfortune.

Tomrota wrote: »
    You don’t even have to go into the park, just step outside your house for five seconds and you’ll get the smell. The place is swamped in fumes. Smells like there’re about 100 bonfires burning at once. Absolute disgrace, can’t imagine how many people will be getting asthma, lung cancer, etc. as a result.

I actually love the smell of wood or peat fires and smoke from chimneys never really bothered me through the years- but the sort of smells i've been getting recently, people must be burning something else- I'm convinced it's those compressed logs- not sure what brand or what they're made of, but there's definitely a different smell out there, not pleasant at all and yes, catches the throat- smells a bit like old bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

A lot of it is caused by badly installed stoves that have chimney flues that are too short. If you notice stove flues that are only going as high as the 1st floor instead of above the roof , they will be adding substantially to the air pollution of the immediate area

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

The air pollution is really bad in Naas. I've moved here recently having lived in Dublin for a long number of years and I just never noticed anything as bad in Dublin all my years there. It's not just Monread either. Sartro Park and Teampull Cearach are other blackspots I've noticed for it. Horrible really as I hate taking our baby out after dark in Winter as I'm afraid of the effect on her lungs.

I really wish the government would incentivise switching to more sustainable, healthier fuels but fat chance of that after the pandemic. I really can't believe people are minimising its effect - it has legitimately bad health impacts. If you try to avoid the residential areas, you get choked on diesel fumes on the ring roads, it's really hard to get some fresh air within the 5k of our house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 WalshLaLi

Hello,
    I am sure this is the wrong group, but would anybody have the link to the thread about Abbottfiel Estate in Ballinagappa Road in Clane? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

twomonkeys wrote: »
    So, not a whole lot different to the playground in Monread then?

no, ive never noticed fighting in monread playground. been in sallins playground about 4 times, and saw that fight i referred to above. ive been in monread playground hundreds of times with my nephew and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

no, ive never noticed fighting in monread playground. been in sallins playground about 4 times, and saw that fight i referred to above. ive been in monread playground hundreds of times with my nephew and nothing.

Monread playground is 20 times bigger than sallins playground ..so unless yiu are popping by in a helicopter to monread playground u cant be seeing everything going on

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’ll be in monread playground tomorrow at 4pm with my 9yo if anyone is looking for a fight 20quid double or quits , she’s tough enough to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

In fairness I'm in sallins playground every day and I've never seen anything even close to resembling a fight take place, so you were very unlucky and it's most definitely not representative of the atmosphere there normally.

There are older kids in there sometimes with nothing better to be doing, but they are nice kids and will jump out of the way apologetically if they are even holding up a swing from a younger kid if you ask them to move. Definitely have never experienced anything close to anti-social behaviour there during the day (there have obviously been issues with some vandalism in the evenings but I know that is an all too common occurrence up and down the country, and the reason that there was calls for cctv at Monread playground).

I'm in sallins a good few years now and like others have said, I've yet to see anything that would come under the category of antisocial behaviour, and certainly no violent incidents, so while it's really unfortunate that a couple of posters here seem to have witnessed them in passing, they aren't reflective of the general vibe of the area.

Sallins is the sex Capitol of Ireland.
    That's official

That's official

All it needs now is a weed coffee shop and it’s our own little Amsterdam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

This is a a community thread and would be great to keep it that way.

anewme wrote: »
    This is a a community thread and would be great to keep it that way.

Keep out the riff Raff eh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Keep out the riff Raff eh :)

I’m sure there are many more threads for ‘brown finger “to eulogise locations as the sex “capitol” of Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Why sex capital

Karlos77 wrote: »
    Why sex capital

It was probably over a decade ago now that an apartment was raided for being a brothel. The tabloids had a field day. I can’t even find ref to it on the internet anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

The brothel was there alright, in the Waterways, but not for very long. There had been a long history of girls setting themselves up in business in temporary, rented accommodation in Naas at around the same time as Punchestown Festival was on. They were in Sallins that year. I'd say its more than 15 years ago now.

coffeepls wrote: »
    It was probably over a decade ago now that an apartment was raided for being a brothel. The tabloids had a field day. I can’t even find ref to it on the internet anymore.

Unfortunately it’s not just a one off over decade ago , every town has significant sex traffic passing through

Unfortunately it’s not just a one off over decade ago , every town has significant sex traffic passing through

Well I’m just answering the question re the ‘sex capital’ business. It was news headlines re Sallins over a decade ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

That's official

And Naas is the coffee shop capital of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

To Alcohol wrote: »

And Naas is the coffee shop capital of Ireland.

Yes. But Mr Price is on his way here

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Anyone know what the spot lights were in the sky last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

Streetlamp wrote: »
    Anyone know what the spot lights were in the sky last night?

The Hill of Allen was lit up last night from 6pm- midnight to commemorate St Brigids Day today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Does anyone know where I can buy a St. Brigids cross today?

Advertisement