Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Streetlamp wrote: »
    Anyone know what the spot lights were in the sky last night?

https://twitter.com/kildaremet/status/1355967207273062402?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Yes. But Mr Price is on his way here

Where are they planning to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Does anyone know someone reputable who can replace a battery on a Macbook in Naas? It's close to 5 years old so out of warranty. Closest place to get it repaired officially is Rathfarnham (Harvey Norman) but clealy cannot go there...

Darc19 wrote: »
    Where are they planning to go?

Behind Maxol on Kilcullen Rd. It’s all set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

regedit wrote: »
    Does anyone know someone reputable who can replace a battery on a Macbook in Naas? It's close to 5 years old so out of warranty. Closest place to get it repaired officially is Rathfarnham (Harvey Norman) but clealy cannot go there...
    What flavor MacBook is it? I've replaced the battery on a few macbooks, very easy to do yourself.

mickotoole wrote: »
    What flavor MacBook is it? I've replaced the battery on a few macbooks, very easy to do yourself.
    book Pro

It's a MacBook Pro 2015. I am not confident doing it myself despite some brilliant videos online such as the one on ifixit.com
    There's a repair shop in Tesco/Monread and I asked the guy there would he be able to replace the battery but he didn't seem very confident. Wanted to see the laptop first and then he'd decide whether he could do it

pad199207 wrote: »
    Behind Maxol on Kilcullen Rd. It’s all set up.

Thanks, was thinking that was possibly the location. Sometimes they have unusual "ketchups" along with other strange but tasty things - got Heinz firecracker ketchup last year in their Athy branch. Yummy

GreenIt in toughers used to do repairs and upgrades. Not sure if they still offer that service. Worth a call

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Darc19 wrote: »
    Thanks, was thinking that was possibly the location. Sometimes they have unusual "ketchups" along with other strange but tasty things - got Heinz firecracker ketchup last year in their Athy branch. Yummy

i hope its nicer than the mr. price in ballymount tallaght. thats the only shop i wouldnt go into because its dark, drab, and depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

Did you check and see if it's eligible for the battery recall programme? Just enter the serial number to check - https://support.apple.com/en-ie/15-inch-macbook-pro-battery-recall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Try WeRepair. I've dealt with the lad in there (asian lad) and he's really sound and seems to know his stuff.

grodge wrote: »
    Did you check and see if it's eligible for the battery recall programme? Just enter the serial number to check - https://support.apple.com/en-ie/15-inch-macbook-pro-battery-recall

It's unfortunately not eligible @grodge. I contacted WeRepair online so will see what the lad says

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Anyone else here having issues with Eir Mobile today? I'm unable to make or receive calls. 3 working as normal using the same phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

hognef wrote: »
    Anyone else here having issues with Eir Mobile today? I'm unable to make or receive calls. 3 working as normal using the same phone.

Yes it's an issue for some (is for my wife but not for me). eir have a notice on their helpline if you ring.

anewme wrote: »
    This is a a community thread and would be great to keep it that way.

lighten up francis

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Yes it's an issue for some (is for my wife but not for me). eir have a notice on their helpline if you ring.

Thanks, nice to know it's not just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

lighten up francis

Why? Because a thread about Naas should be used for people as a Community Discussion and advice and not for dramatic spoofing about the sex "capitol! of Ireland.

Plenty of sh1T stirring threads elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Yes Green IT may be able to help you. Best to give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

Just been informed that the water is being cut off in Naas this evening at 7PM for repairs work. Probably off overnight. Missus heard it on KFM

• Advertisement

Just been informed that the water is being cut off in Naas this evening at 7PM for repairs work. Probably off overnight. Missus heard it on KFM

Probably because of the absolutely ridiculous barrow water scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Probably because of the absolutely ridiculous barrow water scheme
    Anyone know why this scheme is happening? The water in Naas is lovely as it is.

Tomrota wrote: »
    Anyone know why this scheme is happening? The water in Naas is lovely as it is.

Capacity issues I think. I can’t see how towns in North Kildare close to Dublin getting their supply from the barrow makes any sense. It’s harder water too which is inferior to the supply we already have here in Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Capacity issues I think. I can’t see how towns in North Kildare close to Dublin getting their supply from the barrow makes any sense. It’s harder water too which is inferior to the supply we already have here in Naas.
    What genius decided that? Absolutely disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

big greedy Intel probably want more of the Leixlip supply so us minnows are having to suck it up from the Barrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Anybody getting a strange aftertaste with the drinking water around Sallins lately?

wilser wrote: »
    Anybody getting a strange aftertaste with the drinking water around Sallins lately?

I thought I noticed a smell off my tea the other day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

wilser wrote: »

Yea the taste is horrible, I presume its related to the previous comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

No taste issues here

Advertisement