Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    big greedy Intel probably want more of the Leixlip supply so us minnows are having to suck it up from the Barrow

They're getting it from the Shannon. An old housemate of mine was working on the pipeline nearly 20 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    big greedy Intel probably want more of the Leixlip supply so us minnows are having to suck it up from the Barrow

That would be the big greedy intel that employ THOUSANDS of local people and pay excellent salaries and contribute in many other ways to the community.

Many of Those thousands of employees live in Kildare spending the good salaries in local shops and restaurants.

Equally those employees pay a high level of taxes that contribute to the state services you enjoy.

Thank you intel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Darc19 wrote: »
    Equally those employees pay a high level of taxes that contribute to the state services you enjoy.
    what state services would those be that everyones taxes are paying towards my fantastic lifestyle?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Darc19 wrote: »
    That would be the big greedy intel that employ THOUSANDS of local people and pay excellent salaries and contribute in many other ways to the community.

Many of Those thousands of employees live in Kildare spending the good salaries in local shops and restaurants.

Thank you intel.

Intel may employ people but they are corporate scum ..ireland is full of companies like this but bullying people just shows their true colours

See link here to man bullied by Intel
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/farmer-seeks-to-challenge-3-6bn-intel-plan-in-high-court-1.4150344%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Karlos77 wrote: »
    Intel may employ people but they are corporate scum ..ireland is full of companies like this but bullying people just shows their true colours

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/farmer-seeks-to-challenge-3-6bn-intel-plan-in-high-court-1.4150344%3fmode=amp

Can you show us where Intel bullied him specifically?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Yea the taste is horrible,

That's the odd part of it. Half the time it's grand the rest it's brutal. Thought it was the teapot, then the kettle. At least I'm not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Corporate scum...

Your phone is ringing: its Marx, Lenin and Castro asking you to join their Commie Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Speaking of water, is water turned off in Sallins today? I see there are some works going on around Esmondale in Naas.

No water flow into dishwasher so hoping its the supply and not the dishwasher banjaxed!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

I cant understand your logic here, are you prefer to back to 80’s became a farming country? Don’t complain what you had, be thankful.

Its called capitalism, and happens as parts of capitalism, or you want to be like North Korea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Rosahane wrote: »
    Can you show us where Intel bullied him specifically?

Have you watched the documentary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Corporate scum...

Your phone is ringing: its Marx, Lenin and Castro asking you to join their Commie Party.

typical right wing argument. if you question a corporation, you are called a communist. usa use this tactic since the 1960s to suppress anything anti-capitalist. reason we have people like Trump today.

Intel act for their shareholders, Intel would be breaching its fiduciary duty if it did anything contrary to its shareholders interests. which is "bullying" adjoining farm owners. blame the game not the playa

an bord plenaula acting under Irish government who are acting under powers given by irish people have voted in favour of Intel's actions. they bring jobs and money.

I wouldnt say Intel are scum. a necessary evil perhaps. Id say if Karlos77 was offered a high paying job in intel, his views may change.

on a positive note......, anyone manage to walk along the canal on a sunday when the road is closed. I went yesterday, its really nice. parking up near the de burgh lands and stroll down into town to get a tea/coffee. i was sceptical but found it pleasant. ill defo do it again this sunday. recommend it to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Corporate scum...

thanks Comrade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

on a positive note......, anyone manage to walk along the canal on a sunday when the road is closed. I went yesterday, its really nice. parking up near the de burgh lands and stroll down into town to get a tea/coffee. i was sceptical but found it pleasant. ill defo do it again this sunday. recommend it to anyone

While it's really nice, I genuinely don't notice much of a difference. I walk that stretch a lot and there was never much traffic on it on a Sunday anyway. Can I ask why you were sceptical? The canal is and always has been the greatest amenity for Naas and Sallins.

While it's really nice, I genuinely don't notice much of a difference. I walk that stretch a lot and there was never much traffic on it on a Sunday anyway. Can I ask why you were sceptical? The canal is and always has been the greatest amenity for Naas and Sallins.

i was sceptical that it wouldnt live up to the hype, that it would be overrated.

although sundays would be less busy anyway, i found it psychological in that i didnt need to look over my shoulder to see if a car was coming. i could relax a bit more.

the cars come down very fast as they want to get through it quickly before an oncoming car comes.

id say monread park is the greatest amenity in naas going on numbers. park is always so busy now. great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hello

For those using AES in the Naas area have any of you not had their recycle bin emptied this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hello

For those using AES in the Naas area have any of you not had their recycle bin emptied this morning?

Mine is still outside waiting to be emptied. They missed my collection two weeks ago and had to arrange for a separate collection last Thursday

Cerdito wrote: »
    Mine is still outside waiting to be emptied. They missed my collection two weeks ago and had to arrange for a separate collection last Thursday

It seems they are getting careless. Mind me asking what part of Naas are you in?

It seems they are getting careless. Mind me asking what part of Naas are you in?

Maudlins Avenue

Maudlins Avenue

It seems you are not far from me, as I live on Dublin Road. It is a possibility we would both have had the same truck/driver.

When you contacted them did you phone, use the online form or email them?

• Advertisement

It seems you are not far from me, as I live on Dublin Road. It is a possibility we would both have had the same truck/driver.

I phoned them, I think they missed my whole estate this time two weeks ago. My bin still hasn't been collected today as of 4pm so looks like I'll be onto them tomorrow. Very inconvenient when the bin is full up and you're left with 1 to 2 weeks extra waste to deal with.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I phoned them, I think they missed my whole estate this time two weeks ago. My bin still hasn't been collected today as of 4pm so looks like I'll be onto them tomorrow. Very inconvenient when the bin is full up and you're left with 1 to 2 weeks extra waste to deal with.

That happened me a few years ago with Oxigen. I took a photo of my bin/house and emailed them. Actually from the maudlins Road, and they collected it 2 days later. Email is key, only one person talks on the phone. But multiple people could see an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I’m in the town and my bin wasn’t collected either

An update.

Just got a text from AES stating recycle bin will be collected on Monday next the 15th.

Have either of you Cerdito or Ash J Williams received the same test?

An update.

Just got a text from AES stating recycle bin will be collected on Monday next the 15th.

Have either of you Cerdito or Ash J Williams received the same test?

Yes I got the same text

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

A Cyclists perspective on Naas vs Baarn in the Netherlands

https://irishcycle.com/2021/02/13/a-commuter-town-comparison-between-the-netherlands-and-ireland-from-baarn-to-naas-part-1/

I’m not much of a cyclist, but i think it eases some very good points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

My sympathy towards the cycling lobby is somewhat diminished every time I'm driving back from the supermarket through Millennium Park and some Bradley Wiggins wannabe is holding up traffic cycling on the road ignoring the perfectly good cycle lane right next to them!

For the record, I usually cycle myself where I can and it's not too dangerous (I live a bit away from Naas) and would love to see the grand canal greenway finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Valhallapt wrote: »
    A Cyclists perspective on Naas vs Baarn in the Netherlands

https://irishcycle.com/2021/02/13/a-commuter-town-comparison-between-the-netherlands-and-ireland-from-baarn-to-naas-part-1/

I’m not much of a cyclist, but i think it eases some very good points

then again if i was cycling from Naas centre to the train station i'd prob follow the route that has a cycle path most of the way even if it would take a few in longer

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

My sympathy towards the cycling lobby is somewhat diminished every time I'm driving back from the supermarket through Millennium Park and some Bradley Wiggins wannabe is holding up traffic cycling on the road ignoring the perfectly good cycle lane right next to them!

For the record, I usually cycle myself where I can and it's not too dangerous (I live a bit away from Naas) and would love to see the grand canal greenway finished!

Give them the friendly reminder that what they’re doing is wrong by using your horn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Tomrota wrote: »
    Give them the friendly reminder that what they’re doing is wrong by using your horn

What exactly are they doing wrong?

Advertisement