Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Is there Squatters living there?

Apparently so

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

The wagon train has moved back onto the millennium park road. 8 of them parked up on the footpath this time.

Makes the evening run a bit more colourful.

The squatters in the old cement factory are not the same crowd. Supposed to be a family from eastern europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I need a Gardner who will shape bushes and take the cuttings away

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Any ideas?

The crowd down at the cement factory might do it cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Any ideas?

Isn't that a vajazzle

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Isn't that a vajazzle

Class.

Any ideas?

PM Sent

I see the " From Your Couch to The Naas Town 10k " Posters up Starting Monday 20th for 14 weeks

Im interested. Has anyone done it before?

I see the " From Your Couch to The Naas Town 10k " Posters up Starting Monday 20th for 14 weeks

Im interested. Has anyone done it before?

Aye. Good crew, all in the same boat. You'd be suprised who you recognise from doing it. I sometimes go up to help out, take 6 or so and purposely bring them on a different route, so they run a little extra.

• Advertisement

Drove past GG's last night and it was closed.. is this a permanent fixture?

Drove past GG's last night and it was closed.. is this a permanent fixture?

Think so, was definitely closed a few evenings I went by.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Apparently so...http://www.ggsofnaas.ie/

Apparently so...http://www.ggsofnaas.ie/

That stretch of the town really needs a good clean up. Out of the 8 or 9 units opposite gg's, maybe 2 are open?

That particular stretch looks fairly rubbish alright but theres no reason why a restaurant wouldn't do alright up there if the food was good. 2 Indians, tapas bar, vie de chateau all doing OK along with Kavanaghs and McCormack's.

Nothing wrong with GGs/tenors but it probably needed a relaunch of some description to make it stand out a bit more. The building itself is nice.

Got a mail from AES today

From July 1st

Service Charge will be €90 per 6 months

General Waste €0.25 per KG

Recycling €0.00 per KG

Brown Bin €0.15 per KG

Glass €0.00 per KG

Family fun day in St David's church tomorrow. Always have good craic at that, the kids love it too.

beertons wrote: »
    Family fun day in St David's church tomorrow. Always have good craic at that, the kids love it too.

Any idea of times?

From July 1st

Recycling €0.00 per KG

Brown Bin €0.15 per KG

Glass €0.00 per KG

hmm, I wonder will this be a money saver? I'm on €24 a month

Any idea of times?

I got a flier in the door but binned it 'coz we're going anyway. I think it's around 10-4. Reuben, I think from rte2, is doing 2 shows for kids. He's a bit crazy, my kids think he's mad. Could have the whole day sorted of we get the weather, farmers market in the morning and walk up the town to that. There's 2 other guys who are very funny. They had a table with loads of drinks and playing cards in front of them. They shuffle another deck, you pick a card, and you win the corresponding drink. I aim for the spirits, usually give the kids a juice each, and give them back the rest. Never won any of the wines or anything like that.

• Advertisement

From July 1st

Recycling €0.00 per KG

Brown Bin €0.15 per KG

Glass €0.00 per KG

anything mentioned about bin security? can see this turning into a situation with people dropping refuse into others bins

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    anything mentioned about bin security? can see this turning into a situation with people dropping refuse into others bins

You can get gravity-opened locks that fall open when the bin is emptied but otherwise keep it locked.

Otherwise keep them out back. People are more likely to dump in public or use street bins than go find others bins, realistically.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

hmm, I wonder will this be a money saver? I'm on €24 a month
    If with AES log into your account and compare versus the weights for 2015 /last 6 month
    Im on same as you 24 a month
    but based on figure for 2015 that will rise to 374

Japanese bar and restaurant opening soon in the old las radas unit on new row. This I'm interested in.

South of the town fast becoming the world food quarter.

Spanish, Indian, French, Chinese and now Japanese all within a stone's throw.

L1011 wrote: »
    You can get gravity-opened locks that fall open when the bin is emptied but otherwise keep it locked.

Otherwise keep them out back. People are more likely to dump in public or use street bins than go find others bins, realistically.
    just another cost to add to the already expensive increase

keeping them out back is one thing,but after you put them out at night, they can be filled up then. Plus AES are hardly giving people much notice or has this been on the cards with them for a while?

I'm with Oxigen and haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Feets

Community centre.

Fabulous day at st David's. The weather held out, the kids had a ball. And those 2 mad lads with the playing cards were kept busy all day. And they had a telly with the match on, so you had no excuse to leave to go home. We must have killed 5 hours there.

beertons wrote: »
    Fabulous day at st David's. The weather held out, the kids had a ball. And those 2 mad lads with the playing cards were kept busy all day. And they had a telly with the match on, so you had no excuse to leave to go home. We must have killed 5 hours there.

Fair play. Didn't know there would be a tv there, chickened out and left at 1. Was a great setup though. Great place to hold it, added a lot of interest to the surroundings, would be great if there was more of these. Happy to spend a couple of quid on the stalls there. Lads with the playing cards were absolute lunatics

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    just another cost to add to the already expensive increase

keeping them out back is one thing,but after you put them out at night, they can be filled up then. Plus AES are hardly giving people much notice or has this been on the cards with them for a while?

I'm with Oxigen and haven't heard anything yet

I guess the idea is to get people to think more about how to deal with waste. Already decided to start compost heap for garden to reduce waste for organic bin.

• Advertisement

Fair play. Didn't know there would be a tv there, chickened out and left at 1. Was a great setup though. Great place to hold it, added a lot of interest to the surroundings, would be great if there was more of these. Happy to spend a couple of quid on the stalls there. Lads with the playing cards were absolute lunatics

I randomly spoke to one guy there, he had a smile on his face while pushing a buggy. I assumed he was still laughing at the card lads. That wasn't you by any chance?

Advertisement