Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Punchestown. Naas racecourse authorities are a disgrace and seem intent on discouraging people from entering. The gates are closed on the Tipper Road and those of us who found a way in now find holes in the hedges blocked. They then stick up signs saying the land is poisoned to stop you taking a dog in.

It is private property, a previous poster has stated its open on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Punchestown. Naas racecourse authorities are a disgrace and seem intent on discouraging people from entering. The gates are closed on the Tipper Road and those of us who found a way in now find holes in the hedges blocked. They then stick up signs saying the land is poisoned to stop you taking a dog in.

Sure if you’re that annoyed about it then why don’t you open a hole in your garden fence so people can let their dogs come and crap in your back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Is there a legitimate reason for setting down poison on your land these days? I'm speaking from ignorance but seems like something that shouldn't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The pizza van has said hes at naas race course tomorrow. Not sure if the whole thing is open nor just that section near the gate. The cook st hime pizzas are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Maybe they’re discouraging people from the racecourse due to the fact that so many people have blatantly ignored the signs to keep dogs on leads etc. I walk there regularly and every time there’s a loose dog.
    Can anyone tell me if the canal path behind St Mary’s is busy after 6pm or 7pm during the week?I’ve walked there during the day and I’d like to go in the evenings but I’m a little worried walking there alone in the dark if it’s completely isolated. Can’t remember if I saw any lights there. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

BuzzFish wrote: »
    .. Kerry GROUP, not foods. (Foods is <20% of Kerry Group)

150 from their Irish workforce and the impact is across the Irish sites, not just Naas. While awful news for those affected its not going to be a huge change for the local site here in Naas.

Can't blame them either, they can get a gang of Mexicans, pay them peanuts and get them to do the same job, it's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Planning on getting an Indian takeaway tonight. Can anyone recommend one in naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

buyer95 wrote: »
    Planning on getting an Indian takeaway tonight. Can anyone recommend one in naas?

Indie spice

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Indie spice

My preference would be amaya, they have an app for orders

I like Amaya too

• Advertisement

Someone here used to rave about Swapna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

Swapna is good but Amaya is better

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

My vote would be for Indie Spice. They too have an app for orders...

I've only tried Amaya once, so I may have been unlucky, but I didn't think it was that special. I'm sure I'll give it another chance though at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Can't blame them either, they can get a gang of Mexicans, pay them peanuts and get them to do the same job, it's a no brainer.

In fairness they are a worldwide giant in the food ingredients and flavourings business and a large portion of their business is in the Americas

Makes sense to have some functions closer to the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Is there a legitimate reason for setting down poison on your land these days? I'm speaking from ignorance but seems like something that shouldn't be allowed.

Its actually illegal - only indoor/bait box rodenticides are legal nowadays

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Its actually illegal - only indoor/bait box rodenticides are legal nowadays

It's more than likely a scare tactic to shock dog owners to keep their dogs on a lead.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Maharaja for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

poison sign at punchestown is obviously a deterrent. It might be based on the pesticides they put down to keep weeds off the grass. some greenkeeper in america won a case for a few billion against a pesticide company. he developed cancer which was linked to the golf course he worked on.

main gate at punchestown is open, as it needs to be as its a covid testing centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 LuisTeixeira

Has anyone a room for rent around Naas?
    I'm home care assistant and I will work around Naas.
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Hey Everyone,

Just moved to Naas this week. Was wondering if anyone had a good list of Creche's that will take a 2 year old?

Looking for something with flexible days as the Wife and I both work changing shift patterns.

• Advertisement

hognef wrote: »
    My vote would be for Indie Spice. They too have an app for orders...

I've only tried Amaya once, so I may have been unlucky, but I didn't think it was that special. I'm sure I'll give it another chance though at some point.

Indie spice is a step above Amaya but also dearer

Flier in the door that mcdonald's Naas are finally delivering! 4 euro delivery charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Flier in the door that mcdonald's Naas are finally delivering! 4 euro delivery charge.

Yea it’s on just eat and Uber eats

Valhallapt wrote: »
    Yea it’s on just eat and Uber eats

Think it's just uber eats only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Think it's just uber eats only.

I got an email on Monday from just eat offering me free delivery on McDonald’s. but I just checked the app and it’s not listed, maybe it’s coming soon to just eat or that’s a Dublin only thing

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I got an email on Monday from just eat offering me free delivery on McDonald’s. but I just checked the app and it’s not listed, maybe it’s coming soon to just eat or that’s a Dublin only thing

Hopefully, much prefer just eat over uber eats app.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Probably too late but Not Indie Spice. Swapna food is nicer (and the guys working there are also nicer)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Probably too late but Not Indie Spice. Swapna food is nicer (and the guys working there are also nicer)

It's all down to personal choice when it comes to food. When I was living in Coventry I was told X was better than y.

But the difference was X cooked to a UK pallette and y was very much a true Indian style.

I much preferred Y because I had eaten in India before.

Closest here was Bombay brasserie in Newbridge (long closed)

So difficult to say what the person enquiring will prefer. Generally all the Indian restaurants in naas are of decent quality. Maybe they should try them all :)

And just as a result of this thread I had Indie Spice last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

anewme wrote: »
    And just as a result of this thread I had Indie Spice last night.

was it good? would you recommend one. i know its only 11am but all the talk is giving me an indian food appetite

Advertisement