Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

was it good? would you recommend one. i know its only 11am but all the talk is giving me an indian food appetite

Way too much - typical case of eyes bigger than belly, so ate the prawns and left loads of the rice and nan.

Problem being though and I often find with Indian - just meat and sauce, so a lot of sauce left.

One of those where, yes it was lovely, but wont want again for six months!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

anewme wrote: »
    And just as a result of this thread I had Indie Spice last night.

that's gas ....i just logged in now to say i've just ordered an Amaya :) this thread has me thinking about it all day!

was it good? would you recommend one. i know its only 11am but all the talk is giving me an indian food appetite

last time i ordered Indie Spice i ordered way too much meat, it was all amazing but i ordered too much and had to lie down!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Yeah I'm going to chance amaya tomorrow night to see what it's like. Move a fan of Chinese food than Indian.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Way too much - typical case of eyes bigger than belly, so ate the prawns and left loads of the rice and nan.

Problem being though and I often find with Indian - just meat and sauce, so a lot of sauce left.

One of those where, yes it was lovely, but wont want again for six months!

thank you, and for being to the point. you are better than those professional restaurant critics. ill order one tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

I see someone has blocked off car parking under Limerick Bridge, at the canal in Jigginstown. There’s a new ‘Local Access Only’ sign displayed also. I’d have thought the canal bank was public space, accessible for all. Its too nice a walk for people who aren’t afraid of grass/mud to forfeit. Its as pretty a canal bank walk as there is, if not a bit noisy during heavy motorway traffic times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Roadtoad wrote: »
    I see someone has blocked off car parking under Limerick Bridge, at the canal in Jigginstown. There’s a new ‘Local Access Only’ sign displayed also. I’d have thought the canal bank was public space, accessible for all. Its too nice a walk for people who aren’t afraid of grass/mud to forfeit. Its as pretty a canal bank walk as there is, if not a bit noisy during heavy motorway traffic times.

"Local Access" signs are directed to vehicles. Means less vehicles and safer for you to walk

Google maps states that Limerick Bridge is temporarily closed. Maybe the council are doing works there. and its only temporary.

yep local access means you are free to walk. they dont want people using it as a detour.

Yeah I'm going to chance amaya tomorrow night to see what it's like. Move a fan of Chinese food than Indian.

Next week is Chinese week, I myself shall hit Johnstown

Next week is Chinese week, I myself shall hit Johnstown

Over rated. Very salty.

Is there no where decent in Naas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Google maps states that Limerick Bridge is temporarily closed. Maybe the council are doing works there. and its only temporary.

yep local access means you are free to walk. they dont want people using it as a detour.

The barriers I saw had the look of private enterprise about them.
    Parking space alongside the gravel lane at the canal has been fenced off, meaning that people wishing to park on the lane to enjoy the canal walk must now park elsewhere, perhaps on the old Limerick road (Jigginstown village).

The route OVER the bridge (the old Limerick road) remains open. The 'detour' is less of a thing since Covid and reduced traffic volume on the N7.

Pop out and enjoy the walk anyway, its fairly dry at the moment, and about 12 km round trip from Limerick Bridge to Corbally Harbour. Have regard for your 5 km orbit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Over rated. Very salty.

Fate would be my personal favourite.

The barriers I saw had the look of private enterprise about them.
    Parking space alongside the gravel lane at the canal has been fenced off, meaning that people wishing to park on the lane to enjoy the canal walk must now park elsewhere, perhaps on the old Limerick road (Jigginstown village).

The route OVER the bridge (the old Limerick road) remains open. The 'detour' is less of a thing since Covid and reduced traffic volume on the N7.

Pop out and enjoy the walk anyway, its fairly dry at the moment, and about 12 km round trip from Limerick Bridge to Corbally Harbour. Have regard for your 5 km orbit.

Thanks Roadtoad. ill give that a walk over the weekend. ill have a check at the land registry website to see if what has been blocked off is public land. If so, ill see if the county council can do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Over rated. Very salty.

Tigger in Clane is very good. Victoria Gardens in Johnstown also not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Thanks Roadtoad. ill give that a walk over the weekend. ill have a check at the land registry website to see if what has been blocked off is public land. If so, ill see if the county council can do anything.

Sign reads "local access and pedestrians", so nothing has been blocked off. Seems they don't want cars driving there unless they are accessing dwellings or other aspects that require vehicle access. Great for all the residents that are close by who have another safe place to walk.

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Tigger in Clane is very good. Victoria Gardens in Johnstown also not bad.

It was Victoria Gardens I felt very salty. Expensive too. We had Fate a couple of times and it's ok.

Will try Tigger.

thank you, and for being to the point. you are better than those professional restaurant critics. ill order one tonight.

Did you chance it?

Did you chance it?

Nope, the missus has been commenting on my ballooning gut recently. So i wouldnt have been able to enjoy it. she is right too. lockdown hasnt been the healthiest.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Sallins really is going to come into its own this summer. Lock 13, Two Cooks, The Grange and new-kid-on-the-block Ground Social were all doing take-away coffees, food and treats at the weekend and the atmosphere was absolutely fantastic. It felt like a holiday village. Need a few more benches and bins and it will be a hub for the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

Sallins really is going to come into its own this summer. Lock 13, Two Cooks, The Grange and new-kid-on-the-block Ground Social were all doing take-away coffees, food and treats at the weekend and the atmosphere was absolutely fantastic. It felt like a holiday village. Need a few more benches and bins and it will be a hub for the summer months.

Thought the exact same thing myself....bypass to open soon should reduce traffic through the village and make it a more relaxing place.

Add in the greenway and it'll be lovely. Now all we need is weather like yesterday for the whole summer.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Thought the same, took a walk with the hubby and stopped by 2 cooks. They are always so lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

jrosen wrote: »
    Thought the same, took a walk with the hubby and stopped by 2 cooks. They are always so lovely too.

Can I ask a question re 2 Cooks?

We went there a few years ago, and found it very overpriced, though I do regard the fare as top notch.

When all the crap over cv19 is over, we would like to gibe it another try.

Has it changed at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Can I ask a question re 2 Cooks?

We went there a few years ago, and found it very overpriced, though I do regard the fare as top notch.

When all the crap over cv19 is over, we would like to gibe it another try.

Has it changed at all?

TBH I think its somewhere you go for a treat so I guess I feel its worth it. But yes its pricey.
    Id love to see more restaurants come to naas and the surrounding areas.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There were a good few with take away pints, down at the aqueduct on Sunday. Bit of a walk, I'd have 2 pints downed after that distance. No bins out there, I'd just hope they brought their empties with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Sallins has all the ingredients to be a really beautiful village

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

what's the best Kebab in naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

jrosen wrote: »
    TBH I think its somewhere you go for a treat so I guess I feel its worth it. But yes its pricey.
    Id love to see more restaurants come to naas and the surrounding areas.

Thanks for the feedback Rosen. Going by Hourreply, it hasn’t changed so.

As for wishing for more restaurants, be grateful for those You have. Here in Newbridge we haven’t one decent restaurant imho - certainly nothing like 2 cooks. Nearest for us is The Hanged Man or the Brown Bear.

Thanks for the feedback Rosen. Going by Hourreply, it hasn’t changed so.

As for wishing for more restaurants, be grateful for those You have. Here in Newbridge we haven’t one decent restaurant imho - certainly nothing like 2 cooks. Nearest for us is The Hanged Man or the Brown Bear.

i know its a bit far from newbridge, but the restaurant in ballymore eustace is really good. might be called the ballymore inn. i found it better than 2 cooks.

ballymore eustace has a nice walk along the river which you could do as well.

obviously closed now, but just letting you know for when life returns.

• Advertisement

i know its a bit far from newbridge, but the restaurant in ballymore eustace is really good. might be called the ballymore inn. i found it better than 2 cooks.

ballymore eustace has a nice walk along the river which you could do as well.

obviously closed now, but just letting you know for when life returns.

I find that very hit and miss. Quality was better a few years ago. Havent been to Two Cooks.

Always looking for walks, so that river walk sounds great.

Advertisement