Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lex’s food options are getting slim

on the contrary, when you have as good a cook as my missus, you're not missing much on the main street of Naas

I would say if I hit a restaurant in the town, 80% is for the social aspect and 20% for the food, but that food has to be 100%

Sad to say Naas has a few establishments serving well below par food imo for what they are charging

Trax was one example, it used to be a cracking place when it opened first and standards were good for years, but in the last 12-18 months I noticed a massive dip in the food and the enthusiasm of the staff and the atmosphere

My chinese of choice for years is Peony, however the last one was not up to their usual standards. One more and they have lost me as a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    on the contrary, when you have as good a cook as my missus, you're not missing much on the main street of Naas

I would say if I hit a restaurant in the town, 80% is for the social aspect and 20% for the food, but that food has to be 100%

Sad to say Naas has a few establishments serving well below par food imo for what they are charging

Trax was one example, it used to be a cracking place when it opened first and standards were good for years, but in the last 12-18 months I noticed a massive dip in the food and the enthusiasm of the staff and the atmosphere

My chinese of choice for years is Peony, however the last one was not up to their usual standards. One more and they have lost me as a customer

I totally agree.

Naas overall for food is disappointing.

I do really like lemon grass and have yet to have a bad meal. Vie de Chateaux is lovely and a real treat.
    The food and service is often lacking. Old Trax was fab, first time there is was The Storehouse and the food was outstanding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Trax has been closed 12 months!

Staff knew it was closing so a few probably left and morale was low.

Naas lacks a good steakhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

There used be a great steak house about half way between the courthouse & the PO. Cannot remember the name but they had music paraphernalia hanging on the walls. Is that restaurant still there?

I’m from Newbridge & am conscious all restraints are closed almost a year. Hope many of these restaurants are able to re-open when all this crap is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I think it compares pretty well to its peers, Newbridge or Maynooth etc. are not as good as Naas. It’s no south county Dublin for sure, but for a regional town it holds its own.

A town like naas will never be able to support a FX Buckley or the likes, but gastro 101 is a fair compromise. And I’ve eaten in a few Michelin star restaurants that weren’t as good as vie de chateaux....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Valhallapt wrote: »
    I think it compares pretty well to its peers, Newbridge or Maynooth etc. are not as good as Naas. It’s no south county Dublin for sure, but for a regional town it holds its own.

A town like naas will never be able to support a FX Buckley or the likes, but gastro 101 is a fair compromise. And I’ve eaten in a few Michelin star restaurants that weren’t as good as vie de chateaux....

Agree totally. Here in Newbridge we have a very poor choice when it comes to dining out.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

south county dublin was terrible for restaurants when i lived there 10 years ago. they were terrible quality but got the business as older people didnt like the hassle of going into dublin city centre for just a restaurant. the worst was little caesars beside the Orchard Pub in Rathfarnham. everyone knew it was terrible food but great for parking.

In naas, lemongrass or the tapas place are my faviourites. im keen to try india spice going on post in this form.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There's a burrito place in Monread fare. I was mad for the town to get a Chopped aswell, the novelty wore off after 2 visits. Kids only want subway.

beertons wrote: »
    There's a burrito place in Monread fare. I was mad for the town to get a Chopped aswell, the novelty wore off after 2 visits. Kids only want subway.

The burrito place is ok. Chopped is rubbish, ive tried it 3 times and its been a let down each time. I can whip a much nicer salad up with freshly grilled chicken in the time it would take me to drive there and Q.

Bouchon does a great steak
    Also Brown Bear

Maybe I'm just very fussy about my food

I liked VDC any time I have been there for the food, but you are basically on top of the table beside you, came across a bit pricey though

• Advertisement

Also Brown Bear

I liked VDC any time I have been there for the food, but you are basically on top of the table beside you, came across a bit pricey though

My kids are fussy eaters too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Also Brown Bear

Vdc was closed yesterday, is it reopening ?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

There used be a great steak house about half way between the courthouse & the PO. Cannot remember the name but they had music paraphernalia hanging on the walls. Is that restaurant still there?

I’m from Newbridge & am conscious all restraints are closed almost a year. Hope many of these restaurants are able to re-open when all this crap is over.

That was Angus Joe's. It was dire. Considering it was a steakhouse the steaks were very poor.

That was Angus Joe's. It was dire. Considering it was a steakhouse the steaks were very poor.

Your right it was awful.

Was is pasta fresca before that? I remember going there a fair bit around 2007 and it was really tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

jrosen wrote: »
    Your right it was awful.

Was is pasta fresca before that? I remember going there a fair bit around 2007 and it was really tasty.

I used to like Pasta Fresca meself. Opened around 03ish if I remember correctly.

Wasnt Gourmet Burger Kitchen there before it moved to Newbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Recommend a good vet Naas area?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

anewme wrote: »
    Recommend a good vet Naas area?

Moss Vet on Monread road are very good and are open long hours.

Thanks, had a personal recommendation for them too.

I would also recommend Highfield Vet (formally Barracks) on Newbridge Road. Have brought all my pets to them for years. Their prices are more reasonable than Moss Vet.

I would also recommend Highfield Vet (formally Barracks) on Newbridge Road. Have brought all my pets to them for years. Their prices are more reasonable than Moss Vet.

I had heard Barrack vets were good, but wont be supporting the current operators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Vdc was closed yesterday, is it reopening ?

It is open for takeaway on Friday and Saturday evenings only.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Tis a bit far away, but we went to Hawkfield Veterinary practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

https://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Business-Development-Executive-8578888.aspx

i noticed that Krispy Creme factory is coming to naas. from the horses mouth.

wonder if they would consider selling those donuts on site.

https://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Business-Development-Executive-8578888.aspx

i noticed that Krispy Creme factory is coming to naas. from the horses mouth.

wonder if they would consider selling those donuts on site.

I wonder will they put a vaccination centre beside it as they are offering a free donut for anyone who takes the jab in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

Anybody working in the food factory's around Naas know what they do with the empty IBC tanks? Looking for one for the garden but would need to be food grade i.e. not have stored paint or fuel etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 RedDevil123

Just wondering does anyone know what the story is with the new estate being built behind Broadfield?

Currently looking at buying a house in Naas so looking at options and have heard it could be a council estate. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about it?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

Yeah was supposed to be 10% social housing. But now the whole lot has been leased by the council for 25 years. Seems a bit suspect. So much for social integration.

Streetlamp wrote: »
    Yeah was supposed to be 10% social housing. But now the whole lot has been leased by the council for 25 years. Seems a bit suspect. So much for social integration.

That's what I heard as well. Can probably rule that estate out now so. Thanks.

Streetlamp wrote: »

What’s the name of the estate? Where is it? Broadfield is out the ballymore road, Broadfield view is out the kilcullen road, everyone gets them mixed up

• Advertisement

What’s the name of the estate? Where is it? Broadfield is out the ballymore road, Broadfield view is out the kilcullen road, everyone gets them mixed up

It's behind Broadfield view on the kilcullen road. I seen the sign for the new estate going up the other day I think it's called Whitewell

Advertisement