Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

in regard to the ballymore eustace, there are 2 routes, both start where the bridge meets the liffey.

there is two but you might be missing the rest of the longer one.
    4.2KM
    It goes down pudding lane towards blessington,
    then onto the blessington road for 100m .
    then there is a walkway behind a big green fence up the waterworks.
    from there you cross the pale wall and that brings you around & down to goldenfalls.
    Then passed the dam section(offically closed but passable ) and follow the liffy back to the viallage.
    Its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭pad199207

Planned new development at Devoy Quarter beside KCC. Blink and you’d think your in Blanchardstown or some place

B439-E4-DE-0-CC2-48-EB-8418-857-F5-F06-EC4-E.jpg
    D1-F43-EC6-EAB3-4-C77-BD45-D3-E433759142.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Where is this walk in ballymore Eustace? I wish there were more woodland walks around Naas. Can you walk around Palmerstown Gardens or is it closed to public?

Moore abbey woods in Monasterevin is quite nice short loop walk. Only 20 mins away.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Where is this walk in ballymore Eustace? I wish there were more woodland walks around Naas. Can you walk around Palmerstown Gardens or is it closed to public?

Moore abbey woods in Monasterevin is quite nice short loop walk. Only 20 mins away.

I like glending but the car park there is a joke.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

You can walk from the entrance up to the club house, but you will get run by security if you dare walk on the grass - because you’ll be trashing their greens obviously. They are completely missing a trick by not allowing public to walk there and have snacks or coffee etc. Agree there is not a lot of woodland park area similar to russborough/Castletown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Wednesday is final day to make observations or objections to Naas local plan 2021/27.

A lot of changes to transport and opening of walkways and cycle lanes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Trigger85

Can anyone recommend anyone decent to clean roof tiles, windows, soffit etc? Dormer house

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

if you arent aware: between naas and blessington there is a woodland walk by a quarry. well its alot closer to blessington than naas. but you get the idea.

if you go to pipers hill. between the secondary school and st.davids is a walk that will bring you around kilashee. wooded parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Hi all,

For those of you with kids in Gael Choláiste Chill Dara, where did your kids go to Primary School? Is there a Irish language primary school in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Hi all,

For those of you with kids in Gael Choláiste Chill Dara, where did your kids go to Primary School? Is there a Irish language primary school in Naas?

Gaelscoil Nas na Riogh is in Naas. Ping me if you need any info as I’m on the board there.

There are currently spaces for Junior/Senior infants if you have a child looking to start in September 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Marketing Survey:

Hi my parents own an office in the town, the current lease is ending and I was suggesting to open up a coworking / hot desk facility, basically you rent the desk by the day. Hot desks would be about 12.50 per day with dedicated sit/stand desks 25 per day.

I thought there would be good demand for this, as I work from home and think I would like an office environment one or two days per week. There are lots of coworking options in Dublin like wework and iconic but is there demand in Naas for such an offering??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

I would think post covid, Yes there is a need for coworking spaces, there is some in Allenwood and Edenderry that seem popular with people with poor Broadband at home or those who prefer communal working

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Hot desking is not viable during Covid but I think there will be demand when the pandemic is over and people opt to work from a local base rather than home, perhaps a few days a week.

On a pracatical note, the costings of office maintenance and cleaning, insurance and other overheads need to be carefully calculated

There are so many coffee shops in the town, you won't need to supply coffee machines!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

I would also allow space for shared meeting rooms that can be used during the day for Office Meetings and possibly in the evening by clubs and society's.

I used a coworking space before in Kerry it was €15 per day, €50 per week, €180 per month

wildwillow wrote: »
    Hot desking is not viable during Covid but I think there will be demand when the pandemic is over and people opt to work from a local base rather than home, perhaps a few days a week.

On a pracatical note, the costings of office maintenance and cleaning, insurance and other overheads need to be carefully calculated

There are so many coffee shops in the town, you won't need to supply coffee machines!!!!

id say having a coffee machine in a co-working hub would be a great money maker.

i may be imagining things but i recall seeing a coworking space in sallins, in the row beside dominos pizza.

id say key is if an employer will pay for employee's co working desk rental space. i wouldnt pay 15euro a day for it out of my own pocket.

nice ideological war heating up over a few meters squared.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/629699/short-stay-car-park-space-for-poplar-square-in-naas.html

will be interesting if people who love their car and want parking will win against those that are more into pedestrianisation and somewhere to sit

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/629699/short-stay-car-park-space-for-poplar-square-in-naas.html

will be interesting if people who love their car and want parking will win against those that are more into pedestrianisation and somewhere to sit
    It’s amazing that people are complaining about the loss of 15 car parking spaces, usually used by people who are running over to the ATM and whatnot. Naas has no pedestrian friendly area or central plaza. As a result it’s swamped with traffic and pollution non-stop all day long. This creates a very negative atmosphere in the town, somewhere a lot of people I know would want to avoid. People protesting the loss of these 15 car park spaces remind me of those protesting the pedestrianisation of Grafton street.

What people should be advocating for is better local public transport. There’s no way to get from monread or Sallins into Naas town. There’s no way to get from pipers Hill into Naas town. Same with Kill and Johnstown. We need high frequency PSO subsidised city bus public transport with wheelchair accessibility. If we had more pedestrianisation, made Naas a pleasant place to walk around, and had proper local public transport, the area would thrive.

My mind is baffled by people being so short-sighted as to complain about the loss of these parking spaces. In the long-run, the entire Main Street should be pedestrianised/one-way/only public transport. The current state of Naas is not feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Tomrota wrote: »
    My mind is baffled by people being so short-sighted as to complain about the loss of these parking spaces. In the long-run, the entire Main Street should be pedestrianised/one-way/only public transport. The current state of Naas is not feasible.

I'm not baffled at all!

I was crossing the road from johns road car park into Dunnes a while back, and instead of using the pedestrian crossing down by poplar square, I was kinda winging it as I'm sure we all do.

There was an oldish lady beside me doing the same. We were waiting a few mins for a free space in traffic, and even then had to stop half way to wait for traffic coming the other way to slow down.

I made a comment to her that we should have more pedestrian crossings around town.

"No, we have enough of those slowing is down" was the response I got!

Directly impacted by the quantity of traffic. Directly impactes by how unfriendly naas is to pedestrians only 2 seconds before. "No" to more pedestrian friendliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

Pedestrianise the mainstreet from burkes Pharmacy to Maharajah Indian restaurant and use Poplar Square for parking. move all the benches up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

I hope they keep it. Naas and its shops would do so much better with people walking by. I love my car but avoided naas for years because of parking and traffic. Its only since covid I have been going into naas regularly. I love walking in now, getting a coffee, buying some bread, and hopefully soon start browsing in the shops.

We need more outdoor seating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Kildare Town changed the central parking that had about 25 spaces and the area is thriving with benches and tables and a big sense of community from morning though to evening.

If anything, pedestrianising the small space in Naas has made traffic flow better as the hold ups of cars getting in and out constantly all day stopped free flow though the lights. The pick ups/collection being the worst offenders. There are still many parking spaces literally within 150 metres for pick-ups/collections and because the traffic flows better it is easier and quicker for them to do their pick-ups.

A 15 minute free parking time in the car park behind Barker and Jones is probably the best solution

Think they could have done a better job with the square, paving would have been much nicer than the blacktop they put down also as timber absorbs water timber seating wasn't a great idea, been there plenty of times when the seats have been drowned. Still think it's a good idea though and more seats are required.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Think they could have done a better job with the square, paving would have been much nicer than the blacktop they put down also as timber absorbs water timber seating wasn't a great idea, been there plenty of times when the seats have been drowned. Still think it's a good idea though and more seats are required.

I had heard the surfacing and seating was just a temporary until a final decisions was made with feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

I am a blow-in and we settled here just after Christmas. I think those benches are a great idea and I saw loads of people out the other day on them when the sun was out of course! :D

Coming from the idyllic little village of Greystones there are little things that Naas can steal from that type of setting to make it feel more welcoming and seating such as benches are one.

One thing I thought that was crazy about back at "home" was that there were a good few car parking spaces on the main street and it makes the streets feel even smaller. Of course you need some loading bays but there are places that off-street parking could be put in place in Naas although I'd be pushing more for better infrastructure to get folk into the town or if you can, walk! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ncoen

red_bairn wrote: »
    I am a blow-in and we settled here just after Christmas. I think those benches are a great idea and I saw loads of people out the other day on them when the sun was out of course! :D

Coming from the idyllic little village of Greystones there are little things that Naas can steal from that type of setting to make it feel more welcoming and seating such as benches are one.

I'm a blow in myself red_bairn from North County Dublin... Moved here just before Xmas. I really like the benches, granted they will need a more permanent solution if agreed they should keep the pedestrian space. I hope they do. Ever feel like a pint when pubs open up, give me a shout! Us blow ins need to stick together til we slot in a little more to the town.

On a separate note, what is the story with Monread playground? We've a 2.5yr old and it's a woeful playground. I have emails of TDs and councillors, might email them to see if there are any plans to update it.

And finally, sports are opening up shortly so if anyone needs a head for football (astro or whatever) let me know! Dying for a kick about.

jrosen wrote: »
    I had heard the surfacing and seating was just a temporary until a final decisions was made with feedback.

Hopefully you're right, it's not great at the minute.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

ncoen wrote: »
    I'm a blow in myself red_bairn from North County Dublin... Moved here just before Xmas. I really like the benches, granted they will need a more permanent solution if agreed they should keep the pedestrian space. I hope they do. Ever feel like a pint when pubs open up, give me a shout! Us blow ins need to stick together til we slot in a little more to the town.

On a separate note, what is the story with Monread playground? We've a 2.5yr old and it's a woeful playground. I have emails of TDs and councillors, might email them to see if there are any plans to update it.

And finally, sports are opening up shortly so if anyone needs a head for football (astro or whatever) let me know! Dying for a kick about.

welcome to naas

im looking to start a 5 a side astro game in K leisure in next couple of months. ill send you a private message when i do. in the meantime if you walk around monread park you might see guys playing informally and suggest asking if you can join in. naas is friendly so they will probably let you play.

yeah the monread playground is very old and needs updating. ive contacted all councillors about this and encourage you to make sure you badger them all. That councillor Bill Clear is often in the area and id say he would be one to target to get something done about it.

welcome to naas

ncoen wrote: »

The playground in clane is lovely if your looking for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Does anyone know what building company or developer is working on this site behind the Osprey, can't see anything online, it doesn't seem to be Cairn or the new Devoy park development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Xios wrote: »
    Does anyone know what building company or developer is working on this site behind the Osprey, can't see anything online, it doesn't seem to be Cairn or the new Devoy park development.

https://kildare-nationalist.ie/2020/06/14/planning-permission-sought-for-five-storey-apartment-block-in-naas/

150 apartments by McGrath Property group

Advertisement