Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

beertons wrote: »
    I randomly spoke to one guy there, he had a smile on his face while pushing a buggy. I assumed he was still laughing at the card lads. That wasn't you by any chance?

Don't think so, had a buggy alright.
    They had a great setup though - pay me €2, pick a card, you get a bottle of orange. They must've made a fortune

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

One of the lads mothers went up for 3 go's. The divil pulled 2 aces, a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of wine taken out of the kitty. She left the water for one of the kids. Not that I would have troubled them, with my 2 waters and an orange. They were giving out bottles of shampoo earlier.

Reuben was hilarious, it was yer man off rte2. The music was nice too. My young one thought she was a conductor, waving her hands around. Good job they weren't paying attention to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Im really falling for the idea in starting beekeeping.

I notice alot of what i think are Rapeseed fields around naas.

I wonder how approachable these owners are to host 2 beehives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Im really falling for the idea in starting beekeeping.

I notice alot of what i think are Rapeseed fields around naas.

I wonder how approachable these owners are to host 2 beehives

Bee keepers make money from "renting" bee hives to farmers. Bees will only travel a set distance and they will pollinate crops, so can be quite valuable to farmers.

VincePP wrote: »
    Bee keepers make money from "renting" bee hives to farmers. Bees will only travel a set distance and they will pollinate crops, so can be quite valuable to farmers.

Id be more interested in Hobby Beekeeping so would share any honey with the owner if i managed to get some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Already decided to start compost heap for garden to reduce waste for organic bin.

had one of these a few yrs ago....next thing we had rats in the back garden

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

Lex Luthor wrote: »

How to Keep Rats out of Your Compost

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Yeah that can be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scudges Da

Good to see Lawlors looking to expand.....another 140 bedrooms and wedding facilities, might help to bring a bit more life to the town

Scudges Da wrote: »
    Good to see Lawlors looking to expand.....another 140 bedrooms and wedding facilities, might help to bring a bit more life to the town

Good news. Are they expanding their current site? I wonder where they could possibly go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

good question, is there room at the back in the old beer garden, or building up.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scudges Da

The old house at the rear of Lawlors was recently up for sale, so probably there.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭leinsterdude

didnt know there was on old house there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

more than likely put all the new bedrooms out the back and replace some of the existing ones with the sky bar

To be honest, some of the original bedrooms in the main building are that big, they could split them in half and still have 2 decent rooms. The ones at the front on the first floor on the corner have 2 super kings in them and still enough room to play a game of footie

Was that house out the back not listed? Huge site, went for big bucks I imagine.

Am thinking of changing from Vodafone to Meteor. What is the Meteor signal like in Naas and do you get 4g? What about the commute from Naas to Dublin as I use the 126 bus and am on my phone the whole time (surfing, not chatting!)

Mid summer festival on tomorrow in Sallins and Naas. Events on the site www.midsummerartsfestival.ie going to attemp bringing the toddler on the nature walk along the canal so will see how that goes. Will take a wander into Naas in the afternoon to see what's going on. Great to see the area going to this effort.

Wifey back to weekend work so delighted to see something as a distraction.... For a few mins anyway!

Electricity out on the Ballymore Rd

Esb said estimated restore time in 1pm

http://www.intokildare.ie/events/event-details.asp?EventID=8038

Arts and crafts fair in donadea this weekend. Might be a good time killer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Has anyone any feed back to me of a diviner called joe c from naas .someone told me about him but I am from down south and was looking for someone who has a reference .can you help. pm .thanks

• Advertisement

Mid summer festival on tomorrow in Sallins and Naas. Events on the site www.midsummerartsfestival.ie going to attemp bringing the toddler on the nature walk along the canal so will see how that goes. Will take a wander into Naas in the afternoon to see what's going on. Great to see the area going to this effort.

Wifey back to weekend work so delighted to see something as a distraction.... For a few mins anyway!

How did this go paddy? Was out west on a stag, so missed it all.

beertons wrote: »
    How did this go paddy? Was out west on a stag, so missed it all.

To be honest I didn't get much time to check it out in Naas, I was too busy preventing the place burning down while Wifey was in work. Not sure if it was related, but there was a nature walk along the canal in Sallins. Good turn out for it and killed a bit of time with the 2 year old tyrant and the 6 month old

Tony Roma seems to be opening again or someone is setting up a new restaurant.

I see there is new signs in the windows looking for Staff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Tony Roma seems to be opening again or someone is setting up a new restaurant.

I see there is new signs in the windows looking for Staff

Good news, I think there was a disagreement over rent or some such.

I wonder will someone take over GGs? I hope the new Japanese place is good, will surely open soon.

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Good news, I think there was a disagreement over rent or some such.

I wonder will someone take over GGs? I hope the new Japanese place is good, will surely open soon.

This was on on there facebook page in June 2015

Dear Customers
    We apologise that the restaurant is temporarily closed
    We have encountered significant problems with the landlord since we took on this project in terms of structural and electrical issues.
    We have been trying to address these issues directly without success and this lockout has been as a result of her acting illegally.
    We hope to update you next week but rest assured we intend to provide the Tony Romas Experience in your area.
    Kind Regards
    The Management

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me where you go to collect a missed parcel delivery from an post in naas. Is it the main post office or do they have another location? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could tell me where you go to collect a missed parcel delivery from an post in naas. Is it the main post office or do they have another location? Thanks!

It will probably be in the mail centre on the Blessington Road

Look up Stop New Naas Dump on Facebook and see the details of how to object to a new dump being applied for which will add an extra 100 trucks on the Monread Road per day as well as having another disaster like the A1 dump that is costing up to 60m to clean up.
    Closing date for objections is July 18th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Has anybody ever used Chem Dry to deep clean your couches? Or a similar company? And would you recommend? Looking for someone around Naas who does that kind of thing. Thanks.

Advertisement