Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

Hopefully the cost cutters is better than the mace.
    Apart from the offy it's absolutely ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

Am looking to get a steam iron repaired. Anyone know of a small appliance repairer in south Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

garbeth wrote: »
    Am looking to get a steam iron repaired. Anyone know of a small appliance repairer in south Kildare

There may be a place in Poplar Square (right at the traffic lights) that may help. However to replace it may work out cheaper in the long run.

Thanks for that. It's a good iron so want to see Ici can repair it before shelli g out another 200 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Thanks for that. It's a good iron so want to see Ici can repair it before shelli g out another 200 quid.

200 for a steam iron? Think I got one in Lidl not so long ago for 20

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

According to the Leinster leader, the new community centre in Monread is going to be run by K leisure.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    200 for a steam iron? Think I got one in Lidl not so long ago for 20

The one. WNt repaired is a Philips Aqua. Great iron. Retails at 180 but got it for 60 from a bargain alert in the Tesco bargain thread. Great iron. Auto steam function and see the heat automatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Whats wrong with the Iron?

The one. WNt repaired is a Philips Aqua. Great iron. Retails at 180 but got it for 60 from a bargain alert in the Tesco bargain thread. Great iron. Auto steam function and see the heat automatically.

Is it covered under warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Even if it is, it won't be in stock if Tesco were clearing it so you'd get 60 back. If repairable for less than the difference to buying a new replacement it's worth it.

Very little is repairable these days though

• Advertisement

It heats up but won't give out steam so think that the motor is gone on it. It's just out of warranty. Will be in Naas later on so will check out that place

Any idea of the name of the repair place

It heats up but won't give out steam so think that the motor is gone on it. It's just out of warranty. Will be in Naas later on so will check out that place

Any idea of the name of the repair place

Did you put a descale tablet in it?

It could be blocked

David Boylan waste got permission for another landfill in kerdiffstown. He had the last one for those that forgot, that went on fire.

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Did you put a descale tablet in it?

It could be blocked

Something like these

http://www.boots.ie/en/Boots-10ml-Steam-Steriliser-Descaler-6-Pack_10091/

You can buy them in tescos too for kettles

I dont know if you have this issue but sometimes you notice little bits of limescale come out of the iron like grit..

This stuff can block up the holes as its like chalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

beertons wrote: »
    David Boylan waste got permission for another landfill in kerdiffstown. He had the last one for those that forgot, that went on fire.

It's not municipal landfill is it? I assumed it was filling a quarry void.

It's not municipal landfill is it? I assumed it was filling a quarry void.

Wasn't that what he had for the last site though? Started with dry fill, and ended with skips of rubbish.

beertons wrote: »
    Wasn't that what he had for the last site though? Started with dry fill, and ended with skips of rubbish.

The last clusterfcuk of a dump was caused by A1 waste and the EPA strangely enough but that was for municipal landfill. I'm not sure boylan had anything to do with it. Incidentally the gentleman in charge of A1 was arrested in Spain earlier this year.

This permission is for inert landfill which is basically soil. In theory if everything is done correctly and the quarry is reclaimed as farmland it should probably be considered a good thing.

Given what went on in kerdiffstown previously you would imagine that this landfill will probably be so much in the spotlight that they'll hardly be able to throw a wrapper out the truck window without being jumped upon which would be great.

While I do agree that reclaiming a quarry is a good thing and I am playing devils advocate here, it absolutely should have been refused mostly on the grounds of traffic. It may not seem like it anymore with all the commercial units but that road is still residential, it's overloaded as it is and adding extra truck movements is moronic at best.

You'd also would have imagined that refusing permission would have been a good PR exercise for KCC. The people over that end of the town have put up with enough already from those A1 imbeciles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Back from a week in France with Mrs longlegs and 2 babas. I need a pint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Anyone hear anything else on:

1) phoenix park tunnel
    2) when sushi restaurant Tani is opening?
    3) when da vinci's pizza is opening?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭franco25

No more updates on the Monread Lodge? miss that old handy spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Anyone hear anything else on:

1) phoenix park tunnel
    2) when sushi restaurant Tani is opening?
    3) when da vinci's pizza is opening?

Thanks!

Is Tanis the Japanese restaurant in the old las radas? I had a look in the window last weekend and it was a building site, didn't seem to be much work going on. Hopefully there are no issues.

Da Vincis looks similar to above, nothing going on?

Looking forward to trying the new place going into GG's(can't remember name) but the reviews for their other restaurant are top class. Anyone been there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

MaxPower89 wrote: »
    Is Tanis the Japanese restaurant in the old las radas? I had a look in the window last weekend and it was a building site, didn't seem to be much work going on. Hopefully there are no issues.

Da Vincis looks similar to above, nothing going on?

Looking forward to trying the new place going into GG's(can't remember name) but the reviews for their other restaurant are top class. Anyone been there?

Yup that's the two, hopefully they're open soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

in Two Cooks Sallins last night..........thumbs up

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Re. Phoenix Park tunnel. Draft timetable released. Public comments welcome until the 19th. I've just scanned it quickly but looks like only 3 or 4 trains from Sallins/Naas each morning and evening servicing Grand Canal Dock. Need to study the timetable further but this looks a bit sparse.

http://www.irishrail.ie/news/phoenixparktunnelpublicconsultation

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

skD13 wrote: »
    Re. Phoenix Park tunnel. Draft timetable released. Public comments welcome until the 19th. I've just scanned it quickly but looks like only 3 or 4 trains from Sallins/Naas each morning and evening servicing Grand Canal Dock. Need to study the timetable further but this looks a bit sparse.

http://www.irishrail.ie/news/phoenixparktunnelpublicconsultation

Looking at the timetable the other way around it does nothing for the commuters heading from Dublin City out to Naas/Sallins in the morning and back in the evening. Lots of people heading in that direction with the likes of KerryGroup etc around the corner from Sallins. I know Kerry run a bus from the Global Center and other buildings to Sallins morning/evening.

Anyone got any info about the new community center?
    whats going to be in it ?gym etc?
    is the entrance going to be on the monread avenue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Folks. Looking for a recommendation for babysitter in Sallins, 3 year old and a 9 month old (who will be in bed by the time they would be babysitting)

What's the going rate hourly?

Folks. Looking for a recommendation for babysitter in Sallins, 3 year old and a 9 month old (who will be in bed by the time they would be babysitting)

What's the going rate hourly?

Don't know sitters in sallins but we would pay around 8 p/hr but I'd round up to the nearest 5.

If I do the dog on it until after 2am I'd give 50.

• Advertisement

Is Hayden's at the top of the town or the bottom of the town?

It's obviously at the bottom of the hill but it's at the north end which many would consider to be the top.

Heard this discussion re: Grafton St the other day and it got me thinking about Naas. What's the local consensus. My opinion doesn't matter cause I'm a blow in.

(Imho the top of Grafton Street is at Stephens green. Only an idiot would think otherwise :) )

Thoughts?

Advertisement