Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I just say across from Lawlors. Depends on where you live I suppose. I'd call One New Row the top of the town, as its all uphill from monread.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

Having grown up on the Main Street I'd deffo say it's at the bottom of the town. Murtagh's corner (1 New Row) is at the top cause it's the highest point of the street and Hayden's is at the bottom of the hill. The town being on a hill with the Town Hall on the mid point of the hill. Make sense? I agree regarding the North and South main street, though growing up I never really knew that the bottom of the town was the north which is up! Everyone always refered to that end of town as down town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Hayden's is at the bottom of the town, Murtagh's Corner is at the top. Despite that, Hayden's is at the north end of North Main Street and Murtagh's (One New Row) is at the south end of South Main Street.

Simples.

(And you're right - St. Stephen's Green is at the top of Grafton Street (although also at the south end!) Just to add to that, in Dublin, the "Upper" and "Lower" bits of street names refer to their closeness to the river (i.e. Upper end is further away from the river and therefore higher, etc...).

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

That tallies with my thoughts alright.

Interesting bit of info about the upper/lower street names. I'll shoehorn that into a conversation at the weekend like it's the most obvious thing in the world. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

beertons wrote: »
    I just say across from Lawlors. Depends on where you live I suppose. I'd call One New Row the top of the town, as its all uphill from monread.

This :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I was thinking of heading into Naas this evening for culture night - any advice about where to park near the Main street (around 4:30)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

hollypink wrote: »
    I was thinking of heading into Naas this evening for culture night - any advice about where to park near the Main street (around 4:30)?

Best bet Park at the Ballymore Rd at the Lake beside the Naas General Hospital

1min from top of main street

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Didn't see it mentioned, but does anyone know if Smyths is open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

matchthis wrote: »

Pretty sure I noticed as I drove past they've reopened in the shop unit beside them - not the original unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭purpur1

Yep they have opened in the old Clerys, right next door.
    matchthis wrote: »

• Advertisement

Has anyone else noticed the boulders were recently removed from the lane beside First Stop tyres and now theres 6 Traveller caravans there in the last few days....

purpur1 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed the boulders were recently removed from the lane beside First Stop tyres and now theres 6 Traveller caravans there in the last few days....

Saw that a few days ago. They've a few ponies wandering around up the lane too.

Saw that a few days ago. They've a few ponies wandering around up the lane too.

Oh no.. so they're fairly settled there then.... What does it take to get them moved on these days (recalling years ago local residents used to march to the sites with Guards and local Councillors until they left!)
    Strange that the boulders have been shifted almost "inviting" them in

Way more than 6 there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

purpur1 wrote: »
    Strange that the boulders have been shifted almost "inviting" them in

They're fairly adapt at moving boulders themselves and the large cement 'lego' blocks. They moved them in Sallins a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Folks,

Recently bought in Naas and the house has a few leaky windows and front door is not sealing at all. Munster Joinery job originally so you'll know the standard...:mad::mad:

Can anyone recommend a good window fitter in the Naas area that will readjust hinges/locks and seals?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

They're fairly adapt at moving boulders themselves and the large cement 'lego' blocks. They moved them in Sallins a few times.

You could hire a machine for an hour or two and move them yourself.

Haven Hire on the Monread Rd for one, there are probably others.

brian_t wrote: »
    You could hire a machine for an hour or two and move them yourself.

Haven Hire on the Monread Rd for one, there are probably others.

yea,sure,
    they "hired" a machine .
    I'd say Haven Hire and Healys are going up the walls with.

Did anyone run or go out to support the 10km run today?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Folks,

Recently bought in Naas and the house has a few leaky windows and front door is not sealing at all. Munster Joinery job originally so you'll know the standard...:mad::mad:

Can anyone recommend a good window fitter in the Naas area that will readjust hinges/locks and seals?

Thanks!
    I've used KWindows for similar maintenance work and was happy with the outcome. They have an office near Kavanaghs

• Advertisement

I was out for it. They had circa 500 which was a nice turnout.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I was a Marshall so I basically leaned against a traffic cone for a few hours

I was a Marshall so I basically leaned against a traffic cone for a few hours

Still got a t shirt I bet!

Sure I did, and a medal ! :pac:

Sure I did, and a medal ! :pac:

Can you spot yourself:
    https://vimeo.com/184398935

Can you spot yourself:

YEah I saw that and I can :pac:

Can you spot yourself:

Thats a huge empty site at 55seconds
    wonder is there any plans for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Apartments and shops I heard. Its the old Gogarty's site. The last of the sisters died there recently. Very sad really. It'll be good to see something being done with the site though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

Good to see a new coffee and tea shop opened in St. David's house beside the old cinema. Great choice of coffee which I sampled this morning but lots of teas on display too. I really want to get away from the tasteless capsules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

A new Chinese called Mr Lin's appears to be open upstairs beside the post office. Got the menu in yesterday. Will try it tonight.

Not generally a fan of the Chinese's in Naas so fingers crossed.

Advertisement