Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

A new Chinese called Mr Lin's appears to be open upstairs beside the post office. Got the menu in yesterday. Will try it tonight.

Not generally a fan of the Chinese's in Naas so fingers crossed.

Got the Singapore box and Curry box from Mr Lins....

Very nice

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Got a satay noodle box, siu hon chicken and shredded chicken starter..

Pretty good really. Shredded chicken was lovely. Siu hon chicken perhaps a bit over flavoured but I'm being picky. Loads of chicken in it.

They were a bit all over the place when I was in but it was only the second night. I'll have another go anyway. Have to be sure and all before putting my name to a recommendation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Anyone know if educogym above the post office is open and if so if it's any good?!

I might be wrong but I think there's a sign in the window saying it's moved to straffan.

Lot of mixed reports out there in general about educo gyms. Worth a read before you make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Passed Ted Johnsons and looks like they are celebrating their 50th anniversary this week. Also heard an ad on KFM that there is a free family fun day on Sat from 11, bouncy castles, birds of prey demo, disco dome, face painting, complimentary BBQ and KFM on site aswell broadcasting

They have a marquee out front all week with specials for sale and raffles for prizes aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

First night out for a meal in ages with the wifey.

Wheres decent at the moment in Naas? Bouchan is always great but we'll try something else this time.

Not looking for pub grub!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Wheres decent at the moment in Naas? Bouchan is always great but we'll try something else this time.

Vie de Chateau is excellent, but pricey. Jolly is also very good, but more reasonable, and has a cocktail menu!

Trax is always up there with quality food
    I like Butt Mullins and also Lawlors is surprisingly good aswell
    VdC as mentioned above and also been to Jolly recently
    Went into Two Cooks in Sallins recently, excellent food also
    Lemongrass
    Spolied for choice really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

two cooks is out of this world
    really worth a visit

if you want to go country, then out to the Ballymore Inn

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Il Fico. Cheap and cheerful.

Enjoy the first night out!

You have to go to the candied walnut at the top of the town..

We need a review.. you'll be the first..😀

The candied walnut? I'm going in there just for the name!

Anatom wrote: »
    Vie de Chateau is excellent, but pricey. Jolly is also very good, but more reasonable, and has a cocktail menu!

Didn't think of jolly for evening time, great lunches in there. It's on the list!

The candied walnut? I'm going in there just for the name!

It's opening in Gigi's/tenors this Friday. Ex tv3/west grove hotel chef Barry Hayden is opening it. Probably high end.

He cooks good food to be fair. I'll be giving it a go alright but I assume it'll be booked out till after Christmas.

Never say boards isn't good to you - decided to give it a go and booked in for Friday.

Best of luck with it john_johnerson!

Never say boards isn't good to you - decided to give it a go and booked in for Friday.

Best of luck with it john_johnerson!

We need full review from the décor style to the oakey undertones you get from your chilean Cabernet Merlot...

My wedding anniversary dinner booking next month is depending on it....

Enjoy..

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Are anybody experiencing issues with their Virgin Media broadband today? Mine has been down since about 9:45 this morning. I spoke to their customer service, and am expecting an engineer later this week, but thought I'd check just in case the problem isn't specific to me. I'm on a 360mbps line.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

It's opening in Gigi's/tenors this Friday. Ex tv3/west grove hotel chef Barry Hayden is opening it. Probably high end.

He cooks good food to be fair. I'll be giving it a go alright but I assume it'll be booked out till after Christmas.

Why would it be booked out till after Christmas?

micks wrote: »
    Why would it be booked out till after Christmas?

Probably should have added on Fridays or Saturdays when i would eat out but new restaurant, general buzz factor, reasonably high end, reasonably well known chef, coming into Christmas party season etc..

I obviously could be and probably am wrong..

• Advertisement

Jade Garden, formerly the Gem, is now called Nasi (Asian)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got a menu from them the other day, looks reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Probably should have added on Fridays or Saturdays when i would eat out but new restaurant, general buzz factor, reasonably high end, reasonably well known chef, coming into Christmas party season etc..

I obviously could be and probably am wrong..
    With the choice of quality food in naas and surrounding areas I'd be surprised of any of them would completely sell out for every weekend for the next few months

What i find strange is the turnover of restaurants in the same location
    Tenors & GG's had good reputations and came recommended, expectation is high for this, I wonder why dd the previous not work out
    I wonder is there a common link and more to it than simply businesses not working out

micks wrote: »
    With the choice of quality food in naas and surrounding areas I'd be surprised of any of them would completely sell out for every weekend for the next few months

What i find strange is the turnover of restaurants in the same location
    Tenors & GG's had good reputations and came recommended, expectation is high for this, I wonder why dd the previous not work out
    I wonder is there a common link and more to it than simply businesses not working out

I've always thought that restaurants really need to reinvent themselves every so often to regain the buzz factor. Even an advertised change of menu by season would peak people's interest.

Tenors was very nice and the general ten euro main idea was original and fresh but after a couple of years the menu was still the same and people moved to the next new restaurant in the town.. nothing wrong with the place, just new options opened up elsewhere.

Can't speak for GG's because I had 3 kids in the meantime so I was lucky to get to the chipper there for a few years. To be fair though, we are spoilt for choice in Naas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its not a new restaurant, it was already out in Portarlington and they shut up shop there recently and decided to open in Naas. Been there in Portarlington and the food was great so I expect it will be a great addition to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

hognef wrote: »
    Are anybody experiencing issues with their Virgin Media broadband today? Mine has been down since about 9:45 this morning. I spoke to their customer service, and am expecting an engineer later this week, but thought I'd check just in case the problem isn't specific to me. I'm on a 360mbps line.

Issues since July. One engineer confirmed issue, second one said he was getting 360! SamKnows telling us average speed is 110

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

regedit wrote: »
    Issues since July. One engineer confirmed issue, second one said he was getting 360! SamKnows telling us average speed is 110

Oh, I've had those issues since day one. Depending on the time of day, it can go as low as 50, if I remember correctly (been a while since I measured). This time, though, the "modem" is not able to connect at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Had a total of 6 kids show up yesterday evening for Halloween

I now have to munch through 150 mini Mars, Twix and Milky Way bars

Polo_Mint wrote: »

I now have to munch through 150 mini Mars, Twix and Milky Way bars

Surprising considering it was dry yesterday evening and relatively warm

On a side not, had a meal in Lemongrass yesterday evening. Disappointed to say the least. of the 4 main meals, only the wok fried lamb came out ok, but far too much mint in it. The other 3 were well below average. Food looked like it was frozen and defrosted, the crispy chicken was no way crispy, roasted half duck was dry as leather and the sweet & sour crispy cod was soggy. Only thing that was worth complimenting was the rice...:rolleyes:

The combo platter, I've had better come out of a few frozen boxes from Tesco

If they keep this up, they will be up against it in 2017 with the choice of restaurants in the town

Their doors closed once before, so watch out Lemongrass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Polo_Mint wrote:

We had 50 bags of crisps, 100 lollipops and 125 bars of chocolate. It was a siege and we ran out of stuff towards the end!

Advertisement