Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

beertons wrote: »
    \Cough.

*Should I?

ha ha off you go ! :pac:

2 years closed. Can confirm that it has been taken over. No idea yet of when it's reopening, they'll stick it up on facebook I'd say.

Up on facebook now,January ?
    operated by Rhk bars,any idea what else they run?

Looking forward to it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Up on facebook now,January ?
    operated by Rhk bars,any idea what else they run?

Looking forward to it.

The Paddocks in Clonee, Murphy's in Leixlip and The Kiltipper Inn in Tallaght.

The Paddocks in Clonee, Murphy's in Leixlip and The Kiltipper Inn in Tallaght.

cheers,
    cant say i know any of them.
    Any use?
    the new facbook page promises a lot!

cheers,
    cant say i know any of them.
    Any use?
    the new facbook page promises a lot!

Completely biased opinion as I do business with him in all of them. They're all busy. Good food, drinks priced well. And they're always experimenting with the frozen cocktails. They're more frozen water with food colouring, but sure if you can't make money with cocktails, you may as well give it up.

• Advertisement

Anyone know of anywhere in naas that does puncture repair on a Sunday?

There's a shop between the cbs primary and secondary, think it's open from 12 on a Sunday.

There's a shop between the cbs primary and secondary, think it's open from 12 on a Sunday.

Web says it's closed balls. Think I'm out of luck till during the week

There is a callout puncture repair service if it is urgent. Had to use them once when I got a puncture in Tesco car park just before heading off to the airport!
    On The Spot Tyres: 087 9793164.

There is a callout puncture repair service if it is urgent. Had to use them once when I got a puncture in Tesco car park just before heading off to the airport!
    On The Spot Tyres: 087 9793164.

Cheers. Any idea of the cost ?

• Advertisement

Cheers. Any idea of the cost ?

So far as I remember, it cost me €50 call-out and €15 puncture repair. Great service in an emergency but if you can wait for Healy's, Advance etc to open tomorrow, it's worth waiting.
    Waited about 30mins for the guy to call out. He brings tyres just in case as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

There's a place in Newbridge I'm nearly sure where the old KDoc used to be that opens today

Cheers. Used the inflation kit thing and has patched it up

I'll get it sorted tomorrow

Popped down to the lodge. Middle wall gone, opening Monday week. Food may not begin till January.

Popped down to the lodge. Middle wall gone, opening Monday week. Food may not begin till January.

Sounds good. At last a pub again within staggering distance of my house lol.
    Maybe the local boardsies should meet-up for the opening!

Sounds good. At last a pub again within staggering distance of my house lol.
    Maybe the local boardsies should meet-up for the opening!

We probably all know each other anyway. And then there's the row between the bar and the lounge. Was only in the bar there earlier, holy moley it's tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hi all,

Sorry I'm quite new here and am not familiar with Naas so was hoping someone might know the answer to this!

I'm going to the lemongrass for dinner Friday 9th and I'm just wondering what parking in the area is likely to be like. A friend mentioned there loads of parking but I'm wondering would it be full and busy since it's so close to Christmas -we are going for about 6.30/7pm.

Any time I've been in naas I've found parking tricky but I'm essentially looking for somewhere I can park and leave the car thee for the night so ideally free parking!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

augusta24 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry I'm quite new here and am not familiar with Naas so was hoping someone might know the answer to this!

I'm going to the lemongrass for dinner Friday 9th and I'm just wondering what parking in the area is likely to be like. A friend mentioned there loads of parking but I'm wondering would it be full and busy since it's so close to Christmas -we are going for about 6.30/7pm.

Any time I've been in naas I've found parking tricky but I'm essentially looking for somewhere I can park and leave the car thee for the night so ideally free parking!

Should be fine around there at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Hi all,

Lemongrass has its own private car park. To the left there are gates and you either buzz or they open automatically, I can't remember. It brings you in through the back entrance. Very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Lemongrass has its own private car park. To the left there are gates and you either buzz or they open automatically, I can't remember. It brings you in through the back entrance. Very handy!

Oh sugar the only thing is I was planning on leaving my car there for the night so can't really use their carpark then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

There is a carpark just next to lemongrass. It's owned by the council and will have free parking all weekend

garbeth wrote: »
    There is a carpark just next to lemongrass. It's owned by the council and will have free parking all weekend

If that's full, drive down to the canal near KYS and you will get a space. Have left my car overnight down there after a night in Kavanaghs (after the lemongrass) and it's been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Oh sugar the only thing is I was planning on leaving my car there for the night so can't really use their carpark then!

Won't be a problem, just say it to the staff

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Looking forward to the re-opening of the lodge myself. Used to go in there all the time when we moved in here 20yrs ago, then the kids came along about 15yrs ago so that put an end to spontaneous pints in there

Now they've got to an age where we can go out again for a few hrs and its a stones throw from the house, its great to have it back

heading up to Dublin tomorrow about 5:30-6pm on bus from either Roseville or Cinema, any idea which routes stop here?

Had a quick look at Bus Eireann but their timetable just has Post Office as the only stop in the town

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    heading up to Dublin tomorrow about 5:30-6pm on bus from either Roseville or Cinema, any idea which routes stop here?

Had a quick look at Bus Eireann but their timetable just has Post Office as the only stop in the town

Any suggestions?

Pretty sure i've seen Dublin Coach stop at the Roseville one. Not 100% about the cinema stop.

Naid23 wrote: »
    Pretty sure i've seen Dublin Coach stop at the Roseville one. Not 100% about the cinema stop.

Dublin Coach just serves the airport, right?
    Goes as far as Red Cow Luas and then to airport

This is what their online timetable has anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Green Bus Stops at both Roseville and Storm

Here is timetable

http://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/N7-bus-dublin-airport-to-portlaoise.php

Green Bus Stops at both Roseville and Storm

Here is timetable

http://www.dublincoach.ie/timetables-fares/N7-bus-dublin-airport-to-portlaoise.php

Thanks, was looking at this, but green bus (Dublin coach) looks to go to Red Cow and then direct to Dublin Airport

I was hoping not to have to change and go straight into city centre

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Thanks, was looking at this, but green bus (Dublin coach) looks to go to Red Cow and then direct to Dublin Airport

I was hoping not to have to change and go straight into city centre

no, it goes nowhere near city centre. Luas (you are literally dropped beside the Luas platform) is only a few euro in. Comes every few minutes. Takes circa half an hour and you will have a seat

Advertisement