Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Thanks, was looking at this, but green bus (Dublin coach) looks to go to Red Cow and then direct to Dublin Airport

I was hoping not to have to change and go straight into city centre

The 126 Bus Eireann stops at Roseville. I have used it many times and it stops just before O'Connell St. Just remember that the buses in the afternoon can be up to 30mins late.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bus Eireann stops at Roseville, you have to wave it down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The 126 Bus Eireann stops at Roseville. I have used it many times and it stops just before O'Connell St. Just remember that the buses in the afternoon can be up to 30mins late.
    beertons wrote: »
    Bus Eireann stops at Roseville, you have to wave it down though.

Perfect lads, will get that then. Don't fancy having to get LUAS aswell as the drop off at O'Connell Bridge suits me to where I need to get to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The Bridgewater Inn in Sallins are having a "relaunch" night. Is that thinly veiled as "We're trying to drum up some commotion as business is ****e"? I was there a couple of Fridays ago, 8pm - 10.30pm. The lounge/restaurant was empty and maybe 12 locals in the bar.

I'm not in there much at all, have they been busy at all? We ate in there twice during the summer and the standard was just above carvery level. Its sad that they didn't keep the same standard as the previous owners, and a real loss to the village.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

They have had new owners over the last year so maybe they done a bit of work and want to remarket the place.

I just checked up their FB page. Doesn't say anything apart from a launch of a "lip synch" competition!

• Advertisement

Was it said here before that McDonald's on the main street was closing? The lease is up on the building, and he's not renewing it. He's making enough on the drive thru store to justify it, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

United West Ham isn't on Sky today - any of the pubs in Naas or Sallins be showing Arab tv?

United West Ham isn't on Sky today - any of the pubs in Naas or Sallins be showing Arab tv?

just download kodi to your laptop and watch it on that

just download kodi to your laptop and watch it on that

Already have it. Just checking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone know of any Christmas markets/ fairs coming up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

matchthis wrote: »

There's a nice art gallery & craft shop just after opening up in The Moat Mall for the month of December. Some nice pieces on display. Felt really Christmassy this evening walking down to it. The whole place is covered in fairy lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Hey lads

Anyone got a man out to put a tv on a wall ? Any recommendations ?

Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

So it's our first Xmas in naas, where do they sell real Xmas trees? Also what's the average price?
    Thx!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Caragh Nurseries is one that I am aware of.  They are located on the road to Mondello Park and are sign posted heading towards Newbridge.  Another will be Fruit 4 U on the Dublin Road in the town.  They should be getting some shortly.  And of course not forgetting Johnstown Garden Centre. 

Pricing will depend on size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Are c the prices like dublin? My mum was asked to pay 75 euro for a 6ft tree last year!

Are c the prices like dublin? My mum was asked to pay 75 euro for a 6ft tree last year!

You should get change out of 50.

50 quid max if you go to the lad in Supervalu in Sallins, good trees too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭DrJ

matchthis wrote: »
    I think the Town Hall will have one on Saturday this week and next week. Was a nice one in McAuley Place last weekend too. Don't know if the latter ahve any plans to hold another one. Think there's something going on out in Punchestown too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I see the travellers have moved themselves into the entrance to the old cement factory near the big ball. Two caravans there Friday and 3 now this morning and the usual rubbish starting to magically appear.

I see the travellers have moved themselves into the entrance to the old cement factory near the big ball. Two caravans there Friday and 3 now this morning and the usual rubbish starting to magically appear.

It's the rubbish that really boils my piss, sure ok, you need to move around /culture etc. Why the need to vandalise where you are?

In other news, anyone know what day the Monread is opening? Tani & Da Vinci's seem to be slow to open, would have really thought they'd be bursting themselves to be open for December.

• Advertisement

In other news, anyone know what day the Monread is opening? Tani & Da Vinci's seem to be slow to open, would have really thought they'd be bursting themselves to be open for December.

Thursday or Friday I was told.

The chipper down beside it has another new name over it. Got some food in it last week, very nice. Macari's.

The chipper down beside it has another new name over it. Got some food in it last week, very nice. Macari's.

ya their chips are a big improvement over before and they weren't bad before

Looking forward to the Monread opening, Sat evenings few pints and a bag of chips to walk home....long overdue

I wonder will the in house Romanian residents of the Cement factory have anything to say about it....???

Are they gone from the Monread rd then or is this a new group?

Probably just back for the xmas and will have moved back to Rathkeale in a week or so

I wonder will the in house Romanian residents of the Cement factory have anything to say about it....???

Probably just back for the xmas and will have moved back to Rathkeale in a week or so

They have moved in beside Lidl in Sallins

Staff said they are having terrible issues with them robbing stuff from the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I saw a digger in there a few weeks ago doing a bit of tidying up and another one there Friday belonging to HML who did all the civil works for applegreen in paulstown kilkenny so applegreen must be sure it's going ahead.

Thursday or Friday I was told.

Been there twice now since they took over.
    its really really good.

Also......
    They take cards now!!!!!!!

And they shop is so much better now,still a rip for most stuff but sure thats life.
    good selection of booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

Yes there is a craft fair in the Town Hall this Saturday the 10th between 10:00 - 16:00. It's been run by St.Davids school and is always a good fair with a good mix of stalls and crafts. They make a great effort with decorations ect. in the hall.

Monread Lodge opens tonight at 8pm according to their facebook page. Will open with the old furniture and in January will close for a week to renovate.

Naas Man wrote: »
    Yes there is a craft fair in the Town Hall this Saturday the 10th between 10:00 - 16:00. It's been run by St.Davids school and is always a good fair with a good mix of stalls and crafts. They make a great effort with decorations ect. in the hall.

Very enjoyable. St David's always put on a good show. I played the card game down the end of the room and left with a bottle of Port.

• Advertisement

Anyone been to the Monread yet? Are they serving all those fancy cocktails/desserts, herself is mad to try them out!

Advertisement