Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Heading to the Lodge for the rugby match later, if anyone is up for a few pints.

Big crowd here, lounge packed. Decided to keep to the bar as I can watch the game in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Was wondering what broadband speeds are people getting with Virgin Media?
    We're on the 360 package since we moved to Naas (Oldtown Demesne area) while in Newbridge we were able to get 240 while on that package. Engineer was out a few days ago and was not able to get anywhere close to even 240. He rang someone who confirmed the VM exchange in Naas is at (>90%) capacity and they were planning to upgrade it in Q1 2017! I told the engineer that the average monthly speeds we were getting in the past 6 months were 98-110 Mb! No fault in the line, just 'congestion'

regedit wrote: »
    We're on the 360 package since we moved to Naas (Oldtown Demesne area) while in Newbridge we were able to get 240 while on that package. Engineer was out a few days ago and was not able to get anywhere close to even 240. He rang someone who confirmed the VM exchange in Naas is at (>90%) capacity and they were planning to upgrade it in Q1 2017! I told the engineer that the average monthly speeds we were getting in the past 6 months were 98-110 Mb! No fault in the line, just 'congestion'

I am in Kerdiff and on the 240mb package. Outside of peak hours I do get that but during peak hours it drops to about 100mb.
    I complained to VM reps on here when the service went down to about 40mg during peak hours. They must have done something to fix it and gave me 1 month at half price while I was waiting.
    It's not ideal to be paying for 360 or even 240 and getting poor speeds during peak hours. Message the reps on here and see if you can at least get a discount until the upgrade is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

regedit wrote: »

in Gleann na Riogh on the 240 package for the last few weeks and just run a test there and giving me the 240

will check again later when its probably at higher capacity

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Can anyone recommend an electrician in Naas

Sports in the kitchen are going one by one and dont light up when replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an electrician in Naas

Sports in the kitchen are going one by one and dont light up when replaced

Did you get a sparks polo mint? I can pm you a number now.

Happy new year everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Transformer going if they're 12v - get them rewired for gu10 mains, the bulbs will fail a bit more if you stick with halogen but no transformer. Also cheaper good LEDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Allirog

Guys, quick question. I'm on jury duty in a few weeks time in naas and looking at my options. Does anyone know of any all day free parking or anywhere I can pay for parking cheaply? God only knows how long I'm going to be called for. Thanks a mill!!!

Allirog wrote: »
    Guys, quick question. I'm on jury duty in a few weeks time in naas and looking at my options. Does anyone know of any all day free parking or anywhere I can pay for parking cheaply? God only knows how long I'm going to be called for. Thanks a mill!!!

Naas town center is 4 or 5 Euro per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

In there on Tuesday for just duty myself. Hopefully home early each day !!!

and not back to work :D

I'm rarely in naas so I don't know where to park apart from the Main Street. Will you be parking or can you walk there? I'm in leixlip so I'll have to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

best to park in the multi storey. what time do you have to be at the court house?
    The town can be mental in the morning to get into with the school run from 8:15 til about 9

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Try the Garda station. They often let people park there when they are on court duty (as long as they are not the ones in the dock!)

The town centre car park are doing all day parking 7am - 9pm for €5.

and not back to work :D

I'm rarely in naas so I don't know where to park apart from the Main Street. Will you be parking or can you walk there? I'm in leixlip so I'll have to drive

My parents live near the town so lucky I can park there.

As others have said the town centre car park is your best bet

My parents live near the town so lucky I can park there.

As others have said the town centre car park is your best bet
    think that's the safest bet so. It's the one up near the maxol/Tesco/Penneys?

think that's the safest bet so. It's the one up near the maxol/Tesco/Penneys?

Penneys is long gone now but yes, it's just before Meadows and Byrne on the right as you enter the town coming past Tesco/Maxol.

Is jury selection on, or have you been picked already? Nurses, guards, doctors, teachers and a few more are exempt.

The Christmas tree's left for shredding in Monread park were set alight a short time ago, plumes of smoke coming from that direction. Fire brigade there too.

• Advertisement

beertons wrote: »
    Is jury selection on, or have you been picked already? Nurses, guards, doctors, teachers and a few more are exempt.

It was just jury selection which started today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 OreoNen

Hi everyone, Im new to this so if I have posted in the wrong place just let me know! I was looking for some advice or info on both oldbridge station in sallins and finlay park in naas. We are thinking of buying in one of these developments and I was hoping to get a few peoples opinions or experiences of both. Its a big decision for us so any help really would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

My friend moved into oldbridge last year
    Really nice house.
    Great area.
    In walking distance of Two Cooks a great restaurant, lock 13 pub
    tescos and aldi,

Thanks foodaholic. Do u know if there is much noise from the passing trains in old bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

OreoNen wrote: »
    Thanks foodaholic. Do u know if there is much noise from the passing trains in old bridge?

Here now 3 years, heard it the first couple of days, Haven't heard it since.

Oldbridge station is in an excellent location in the village, lived in hunterswood for a few years and found it great. Lots of young families moving to OB station

There myself nearly 7 years

Great place to live. You don't notice the trains at all

I love the fact I'm not in a big town but pretty much right beside everything

New cafe open at Leinster mills along the canal. Good for your mid-walk coffee fix. Nice setup and coffee is daycent

Thanks everyone. That's all really helpful. Bit more difficult to get feedback about Finlay, I'm guessing that's because its still pretty new. But thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Don't forget that Sallins will be getting its by-pass soon (should be completed in three years apparently) so it'll only get safer for kids walking to / from school etc. and traffic should be dramatically reduced. There are also plans for a new GAA/Soccer/Athletics set-up a little bit down the canal which will only add to the appeal! You're still only a 20-25 minute walk into Naas if you really want to.

Advertisement