Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 OreoNen

Anatom wrote: »
    Don't forget that Sallins will be getting its by-pass soon (should be completed in three years apparently) so it'll only get safer for kids walking to / from school etc. and traffic should be dramatically reduced. There are also plans for a new GAA/Soccer/Athletics set-up a little bit down the canal which will only add to the appeal! You're still only a 20-25 minute walk into Naas if you really want to.

That's really helpful, thanks anatom! Didn't know that about the GAA/soccer etc. That's really interesting. Thanks a mill!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

OreoNen wrote: »
    Thanks foodaholic. Do u know if there is much noise from the passing trains in old bridge?

I cant say ive noticed much noise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

foodaholic wrote: »
    I cant say ive noticed much noise

I imagine the improvements in double glazing windows will be a help with the noise inside the house. When outside it's not really an issue hearing the train for 5 seconds. The upside? You are a 5 min walk to a 20 min train ride to dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

New cafe open at Leinster mills along the canal. Good for your mid-walk coffee fix. Nice setup and coffee is daycent

Brave choice, hope it works out! Is it in the old Mill buildings? Must sample next time I'm in the area.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Brave choice, hope it works out! Is it in the old Mill buildings? Must sample next time I'm in the area.

yeah, the small building to the right has been renovated. I believe he runs service industry courses upstairs and the cafe is part of it. hope it works out for them

• Advertisement

Looks like work is continuing on Tani,the Japanese restaurant.
    looking forward to that!

Another question for you all! Primrose garden estate in naas..Any info about this development?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Another question for you all! Primrose garden estate in naas..Any info about this development?

Its small, but very close to the town centre, so handy for walking up the town. As far as I know there would be quite an older crowd living there so it wouldn't be the loudest of places. Bear in mind that you'd be very close to a very busy Sallins road too, so you need to consider that in terms of letting kids out to play etc. There's a walkway through into the Millbridge estate behind it too, so you'll have people passing by your front door quite a bit.

Its small, but very close to the town centre, so handy for walking up the town. As far as I know there would be quite an older crowd living there so it wouldn't be the loudest of places. Bear in mind that you'd be very close to a very busy Sallins road too, so you need to consider that in terms of letting kids out to play etc. There's a walkway through into the Millbridge estate behind it too, so you'll have people passing by your front door quite a bit.

I thought Primrose Gardens was on The Limerick rd near Power City/VW garages?

IMO this is a little bit cut off from the town. Granted there is a lidl and the retail park further out the town, but its approx 15 min walk to Naas, there aren't immediate amenities in comparison to Oldbridge. On the plus side, I would imagine there are young families there, which helps if you have young kids.

Sorry - I was thinking of Spring Gardens - my mistake!!

They both sound like a Chinese take-away though, don't they?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭granturismo

Don't forget that Sallins will be getting its by-pass soon ...There are also plans for a new GAA/Soccer/Athletics set-up a little bit down the canal which will only add to the appeal...

Will the playing pitches be at the F1 'Open Space & Amenity'/'Town Park Objective' section ringed in pink at the canal curve http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/LocalAreaPlans/DraftSallinsLocalAreaPlan2016-2022/Appendix%203%20Land%20Use%20Zoning%20Map%201.pdf
    or E1 'Community & Educational' north of F1 across the proposed link road?
    Does anyone know what is planned for these two sections?
    thanks

Will the playing pitches be at the F1 'Open Space & Amenity'/'Town Park Objective' section ringed in pink at the canal curve http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/Planning/DevelopmentPlans/LocalAreaPlans/DraftSallinsLocalAreaPlan2016-2022/Appendix%203%20Land%20Use%20Zoning%20Map%201.pdf
    or E1 'Community & Educational' north of F1 across the proposed link road?
    Does anyone know what is planned for these two sections?
    thanks

They're planned for the F1 area on the canal curve there alright. No idea of when this will happen, but it won't be before the by-pass goes around I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mazcon

Finlay park houses look really nice. Its beside Caragh Court which is a lovely, smallish estate, good mix of ages with families with young kids up to those with teens/young adults. 15 minute walk to the town. 5 minutes to KLeisure. There's a creche nearby and an excellent Montessori in Caragh Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Looks like work is continuing on Tani,the Japanese restaurant. looking forward to that!

It's taking it's time. I'm looking forward to some nice Sushi down in Kildare as it's the one thing I miss from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Hi everyone, Im new to this so if I have posted in the wrong place just let me know! I was looking for some advice or info on both oldbridge station in sallins and finlay park in naas. We are thinking of buying in one of these developments and I was hoping to get a few peoples opinions or experiences of both. Its a big decision for us so any help really would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance

There are worse places to be deciding between.

Had a similar decision to yourselves in 08. We looked at old bridge and jigginstown (beside finlay park) of which we chose jigginstown.

Neither of us were from the area but we were living on the outskirts of Naas for a couple of years previously. What we found was that all our interactions revolved around Naas, pubs restaurants, shopping etc so what swung it in the end was the walking distance to the town centre. (Granted we had no kids then and social life was important)

I feel it was a good decision for us, there is easy access to all the ring roads, motorway etc for work. With kids now the schools are close and all the amenities are across the road and town is a few minutes walk away.

I have been watching finlay park being built and to be fair they do look nice. I may be wrong but I think that road is due to link up with the millennium road near Kerry group in the future so there probably will be plenty more development in there whether that makes a difference or not. They are required to leave free space next to the canal which should be a nice amenity.

The decision worked for us but I'd have no doubt we would be happy in old bridge also. I really liked the houses. It's also near Thai station which is my current favourite take away and strangely enough I always shop in super valu sallins. Go figure.

Don't know a lot about primrose avenue but it looks nice. It's not far from me so I guess the above opinions stand.

There are worse places to be deciding between.

Had a similar decision to yourselves in 08. We looked at old bridge and jigginstown (beside finlay park) of which we chose jigginstown.

Neither of us were from the area but we were living on the outskirts of Naas for a couple of years previously. What we found was that all our interactions revolved around Naas, pubs restaurants, shopping etc so what swung it in the end was the walking distance to the town centre. (Granted we had no kids then and social life was important)

I feel it was a good decision for us, there is easy access to all the ring roads, motorway etc for work. With kids now the schools are close and all the amenities are across the road and town is a few minutes walk away.

I have been watching finlay park being built and to be fair they do look nice. I may be wrong but I think that road is due to link up with the millennium road near Kerry group in the future so there probably will be plenty more development in there whether that makes a difference or not. They are required to leave free space next to the canal which should be a nice amenity.

The decision worked for us but I'd have no doubt we would be happy in old bridge also. I really liked the houses. It's also near Thai station which is my current favourite take away and strangely enough I always shop in super valu sallins. Go figure.

Don't know a lot about primrose avenue but it looks nice. It's not far from me so I guess the above opinions stand.

Thanks a mill for that, really helpful! Will defo have to try out that Thai station place too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows the start times of the schools on the south side of naas? Pipers Hill, kilashee, the Irish school etc. Trying to figure out about traffic in the morning thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Hi I'm wondering if anyone knows the start times of the schools on the south side of naas? Pipers Hill, kilashee, the Irish school etc. Trying to figure out about traffic in the morning thanks!

08:45 ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Have a look on google maps for what time you are looking at and it'll give you an indication of traffic in the area you are interested in.

Traffic around Pipers Hill is congested between 8:30 and 9:15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Yeah I'm really wondering if the start times are staggered enough to prevent mayhem as we are trying to pick a school. May have to ringthem all and ask! Thanks

Yeah I'm really wondering if the start times are staggered enough to prevent mayhem as we are trying to pick a school. May have to ringthem all and ask! Thanks

I have boys in both Pipers Hill and CBS. Same start and traffic equally as bad. I drive from Kerdiff to CBS and then up to Pipers and back to Kerdiff via the ring road. It's a 45mins trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Is Londis closing ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Will the playing pitches be at the F1

They could have called that something else. I read it very quickly and thought they were building a race track.

Is Londis closing ?

Where's that? Mattimoes ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

beertons wrote: »
    Where's that? Mattimoes ?

Yea...

They could have called that something else. I read it very quickly and thought they were building a race track.

Mondello's close enough, thank you!

Yea...

Was down the town earlier and never noticed. Might go down later to a bit of a nosebag.

Was down the town earlier and never noticed.

Maybe that's why they're closing down...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Complete this series please....

Candied walnut, gigis, tenors grill, ?????

Wrecking my head.

Thanks.

Advertisement