Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I don't recall a restaurant there before Tenor's. Finan's still owned most of that block at that stage didn't they?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It was a pizzeria in '92/93. I was too young and uninterested to remember the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Moved to Naas in 07 and there was a restaurant there which I'm almost certain I ate in. Normal food as opposed to ethnic.

Was tenors by july 09 according to Street view.

I have no necessity to find this out. Was in the candied walnut the other night and 4 of us couldn't remember the name. Annoying now..

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kitimski

I think the restaurant before Tenors was called Bia and they had the best chicken wings ever!! Haven't come across any better since!

You're right, but I hate you as well cause that's not the one I was thinking of.....

There was one immediately before bia.

Fair play, I have about 10 people on the case now and nobody remembered that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

You're right, but I hate you as well cause that's not the one I was thinking of.....

Fair play, I have about 10 people on the case now and nobody remembered that one.

Was it an Asian place called himalaya?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Carrie6OD wrote: »

Was it an Asian place called himalaya?

Not sure on the name but was definitely an Asian place. Was nice.

May have been a coffee shop in between that and tenors??

Was the Himalaya or Himalayan at one stage alright but that was before my time. Pre 07.

There is something immediately before bia though and I ate there a couple of times unless I have a very vivid imagination...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Was the Himalaya or Himalayan at one stage alright but that was before my time. Pre 07.

There is something immediately before bia though and I ate there a couple of times unless I have a very vivid imagination...

There was a take away pizza place there. Finan's I think it was called. And upstairs was part of the "buzz bar" in the nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 OreoNen

Hi Everyone,

We are currently on the hunt for a great preschool in Naas and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? So far we are planning to go and see Tender Years and Barneys. Does anyone have any experience with these preschools? Or any other ones for that matter?! If anybody had any info, recommendations etc. I would really appreciate it! Thanks! :)

• Advertisement

OreoNen wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

We are currently on the hunt for a great preschool in Naas and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? So far we are planning to go and see Tender Years and Barneys. Does anyone have any experience with these preschools? Or any other ones for that matter?! If anybody had any info, recommendations etc. I would really appreciate it! Thanks! :)

Acorn and Tir no Nóg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

I know Acorn, and they are really excellent. I have two nephews there and they (and their parents) love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Lifestyle to close in the town, Hardly inspiring for any big names looking at opening in the town!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

MotorMike wrote: »
    Lifestyle to close in the town, Hardly inspiring for any big names looking at opening in the town!!

Not that there was anything in it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Another shop closing
    That's londis, lingerie shop, is McDonald's closing too ? Town is goosed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lifestyle missed a trick not getting a bigger unit outside the town in one of the industrial parks, my 2 lads would say it had sfa in it

On a separate note, the construction in the middle of the car park in the globe retail park is for a new Costa Coffee....... jeez..!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Another shop closing
    That's londis, lingerie shop, is McDonald's closing too ? Town is goosed

Which lingerie shop is gone? I see Apache pizza is gone now too...

While something does need to be done to give the place a facelift, I don't know how much good a public campaign about how rubbish your town is for business...

Which lingerie shop is gone? I see Apache pizza is gone now too.

It used to be Conway's, kinda beside Sherry Fitzgerald.

The pizza place are getting new ovens, they'll be back open soon.

Did anyone go up to the coffee morning in Naas garda station today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

beertons wrote: »
    Did anyone go up to the coffee morning in Naas garda station today?

Didn't know it was on. What was the purpose?

• Advertisement

Fundraising for barretstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Anyone know if the refurbishment in the Monread Lodge has finished? What's it like now?

Cerdito wrote: »
    Anyone know if the refurbishment in the Monread Lodge has finished? What's it like now?

It's ongoing this week for sure, not sure when it's due to finish but they have entertainment scheduled for Sat night so maybe they will finish it by Sat.
    You could always post a message on their fb page.

They'll be another week at it anyway. I'll pop in later and report back.

It's gutted. 2 weeks minimum I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Lex Luthor wrote: »

On a separate note, the construction in the middle of the car park in the globe retail park is for a new Costa Coffee....... jeez..!??

Was actually logging in to ask if anyone knew what was going on there.

Another Costa-Coffee. Sweet baby cheeses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Which would you say is the best barber in Naas? I normally just go for the smallest queue myself!

Great to see Tani opening this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Finally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Which would you say is the best barber in Naas? I normally just go for the smallest queue myself!

What's a tani:confused:

• Advertisement

What's a tani:confused:

The place where las radas used to be. Used to be the club house I think.

Advertisement