Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

beertons wrote: »
    The place where las radas used to be. Used to be the club house I think.

Yeah, but what is it? Kinda sounds like a tanning salon. :)

Edit Google tells me it's a Japanese restaurant, never been. It's good I presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I use Men's Room for my barber

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Me too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Me 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

I use Boston at the top of the town. He is quick and very good for €10.00 (€5.00 for pensioners).

• Advertisement

I use Boston in Monread Centre as the first Sunday of the month is my choice day for a haircut.

I use Boston in Monread Centre as the first Sunday of the month is my choice day for a haircut.

Once a month, holy crap.

Once a month, holy crap.

If I don't keep it short, everyday becomes a bad hair day after a few weeks.

Once a month, holy crap.

I'd be same, every 4 weeks, usually on a Tue morning when its quiet and its just Richie & Paul in there so you don't have to play musical chairs ;)

I prefer to leave it go a good while, it won't be long to go till you'll never have to visit those lads again. And even at that, I only bring half pint for a chop every second visit!

• Advertisement

wait til he's in his teens and he'll be going every 2 weeks to get a #1 with a fade :rolleyes:

I'm still getting the thinning scissors on top so long may it continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Not one mention for Skinner Malones! Disappointing!

Or what was (is) the one above Donals where you would head down at lunchtime to get the quick number 2. (OB1?)

Or what was (is) the one above Donals where you would head down at lunchtime to get the quick number 2. (OB1?)

For years I went to OB1. All 4 of my boys used to get their hair cut there when they were little. Then they took away the big car park and it was just too stressful finding parking in the town anymore. Plus you could be waiting an hour to get your hair cut.
    Haircuts could take 15mins if you got John. You would have to pay for at least 90mins parking to be on the safe side. There were times I used to go in with 3 children trailing me and all 4 of us looking for a haircut.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭pad199207

Was actually logging in to ask if anyone knew what was going on there.

Another Costa-Coffee. Sweet baby cheeses.

Two costas on the same bloody road! Ffs

pad199207 wrote: »
    Two costas on the same bloody road! Ffs

I bet BBs won't be impressed, though you can't beat their muffins.
    They had to build it right across from Smyths which is the busiest part of the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭pad199207

I bet BBs won't be impressed, though you can't beat their muffins.
    They had to build it right across from Smyths which is the busiest part of the car park.

Could it not have been Starbucks or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

pad199207 wrote: »
    Could it not have been Starbucks or something

I always wonder who does be drinking all this coffee!

I always wonder who does be drinking all this coffee!

My wife is probably representative of lots of housewives in that she quite frequently goes with her friends for coffee to these establishments.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jake66

Not one mention for Skinner Malones! Disappointing!

Skinner was great, but you had to time it carefully. IF you were in the chair at 12 o clock you were left there while he went into the convent to ring the angelus..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Was just out for a walk down by the canal and there are a load of flowers candles etc by one of the locks between Sallins and Naas. Anyone know what happened?

speedfreak wrote: »
    Was just out for a walk down by the canal and there are a load of flowers candles etc by one of the locks between Sallins and Naas. Anyone know what happened?

They are for PK The Bud. Might be his anniversary about now

EDIT : Not his anniversary but I imagine they are for him all the same

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/patsy-bud-kelly-tributes-pour-6307964

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

No I don't think it's the Bud anniversary.
    I think it's where a local Polish woman who was suffering depression went into the lock.
    She went missing and one of her sons found her remains there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

I think it's where a local Polish woman who was suffering depression went into the lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭speedfreak

Naas Man wrote: »

Ah crap. Tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Anyone able to advise where in Naas (or close to) that I could dump/recycle a trampoline?

DaveD wrote: »
    Anyone able to advise where in Naas (or close to) that I could dump/recycle a trampoline?

3km before Kilcullen on the left as you are driving from Naas is Kilcullen Dump.

DaveD wrote: »

There is a joke there but I can't think of it!

Is it metal? There is a place in Fishery Lane Industrial Estate (I don't know the actual name of the industrial estate) that takes scrap metal, may even get a few quid for it?

Why not just get a sledge hammer or an angle grinder at it and cut it up and bin it?

Yeah, there's a recycling place down past complas packaging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Has the lodge started doing grub yet?

Advertisement