Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Not a clue but is there any reason you can't do that? Never thought about it!

Had alot of people say they been down this route and the passport people wouldn't accept the photos so sent them back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Had alot of people say they been down this route and the passport people wouldn't accept the photos so sent them back

Try Fujifilm in the Whitewater Courtyard in Newbridge. They do them (another :rolleyes: to the town services available in Naas! )

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Try Fujifilm in the Whitewater Courtyard in Newbridge. They do them (another to the town services available in Naas! )

Thanks got them done in the Fuji film by post office in naas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I needed to buy a new pair of converse recently and decided I'd make sure to buy them in the main street to 'shop local', after trying all the shoe shops and sports shop on the main street, the only place that sell converse was fabucci footwear in the little shopping mall, they were able to order them in for me.
    So if anyone needs to buy converse and wants to keep their business in the town, fabucci is your only man! (or girl, as it is a ladies shoe shop)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

It closed on Monday. Now the Leader reports that The Ivy Inn is to reopen in June after some renovations.

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/248089/ivy-inn-in-naas-to-reopen-next-month.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Have been into urban kitchen beside meadow and Byrne a few times the last while couple of months. Standard of food and coffee is excellent. Good to see the building going up for the coffee shop up by woodies, but would've been great if there had been a local independent going in. Money talks I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Good to see the building going up for the coffee shop up by woodies, but would've been great if there had been a local independent going in. Money talks I guess...

Slightly off topic perhaps, but is that not the slowest construction of a coffee shop ever??! They seem to have been at it for months, yet there's only a bit of wall and some steel in yet!

I agree on Urban Kitchen, and don't forget Swan's at the top of the town as well - excellent breakfast and really good, fresh (squeeze it yourself) orange juice.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd love to know the plan of the cycle path through the town. And what circuit town they're copying the idea from.

My opinion is the whole thing is doomed, accidents galore, and no plan b.

Yes, its crazy, especially as there is no alternative for parking anywhere else.

The middle of the town is just too narrow. If they wanted a good example, Holland and Belgium have excellent cycle paths, but these are separated from the roads by walls or giant kerbs. They have their own sets of traffic lights too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Does anybody know any headstone cleaners in the area?

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Does anybody know any headstone cleaners in the area?

Abbey Memorials. 045481019

Anyone ever cycle along the canal from Sallins into Dublin? Tracing it all the way into Dublin on Google maps looks like its "cyclable". Not sure I could make it my daily commute, especially in winter, but a good way to get fit in the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Anyone ever cycle along the canal from Sallins into Dublin? Tracing it all the way into Dublin on Google maps looks like its "cyclable". Not sure I could make it my daily commute, especially in winter, but a good way to get fit in the summer!

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/video/local-news/233343/video-is-it-possible-to-cycle-along-the-canal-from-dublin-to-sallins.html

I'm not 100% sure about today, but going by the last time I was on it I'd say its nowhere near suitable for cycling regularly on a road bike. You'd definitely need off-road tyres / a mountain bike at the very least as it can get very muddy - certainly from shortly after Sallins to well beyond Killeen.

Its not too bad from there though as far over as around Ardclough, and there's a decent enough road passing Lyons Estate and Hazelhatch. Beyond that, you're back to a track as far as Adamstown.

I'd be worried about getting pelted with stones by young fellas from there on though. I know it happens to boats on the canal and can be quite dangerous. I was on a train that was hit by stones only last week.

If its dry, it will certainly be pretty flat - and quiet. Enjoy!

thelawman wrote: »

Good article there. Easy to think how pleasant it would be after the weather we've had. Not so easy during Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Is there any where in/around Naas that does engraving? I've a few trophies/shields that need engraving from last years shows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Springwell wrote:
    Is there any where in/around Naas that does engraving? I've a few trophies/shields that need engraving from last years shows

Tony Donohue in Newbridge.

tonydonohoe .ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Springwell wrote: »

Wallace's on main street Clane very reasonable! While you are there pick up my Minor Player of The Year Trophy that I won years ago after droppng t the day I got it and completely forgot about it when I started college ! :D

• Advertisement

Anything on today that involves helicopters? Now I do LOVE the smell of napalm in the morning, but there does seem to be a lot more choppers in the sky over Naas today than normal

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Anything on today that involves helicopters? Now I do LOVE the smell of napalm in the morning, but there does seem to be a lot more choppers in the sky over Naas today than normal

It's driving me mad every 20 minutes they seem to be flying over my house!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Probably going to and from the Curragh Races

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

I found out it was helicopter rides from Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 asrebiscuits

i think it was a squirrel flying from naas racecourse

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Cazale wrote: »
    Tony Donohue in Newbridge.

tonydonohoe .ie
    Wallace's on main street Clane very reasonable! While you are there pick up my Minor Player of The Year Trophy that I won years ago after droppng t the day I got it and completely forgot about it when I started college ! :D

Thanks will check those out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Any recommendation for a tree surgeon in the area that people recommend that wont cost an arm & leg?
    Need one tree completely removed and a few more topped and pruned
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 binnox

Used a guy from kilteel a few years back to take out a row of trees. Good job and not very expensive. Damien 0860818717

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Is this a de ja vue

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/250252/naas-shopping-centre-to-go-on-the-market.html#.WRsvGdJrocU.facebook
    The derelict Naas Shopping Centre is likely to be put up for sale by the year’s end.

Naas councillors were told at a Kildare county council meeting today that there there is no impediment to the sale of the centre, which cost some €58m to develop and was due to open by Christmas 2009.

It’s estimated the cost of fitting it out would amount to €10m.

READ MORE: Car parking space in derelict Naas Shopping Centre should be opened - call

KCC official Niall Morrissey said that nothing is delaying the sale of the building. He said it is a decision for the owners, property development company Marshalsea, to decide to put it on the market and he said this is likely to happen in the third quarter of 2017.

He said KCC has been in contact with Marshalsea and the National Asset Management Agency about the future of the development. “Our (KCC) message is that we want it sold. There is a lot of activity in the background and a lot of effort taking place behind the scenes,” added Mr. Morrissey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Read on comments on Facebook that Barker & Jones and Boots are going to be the next to go! Struggle to believe that's true, would any of ye be in the loop?

Advertisement