Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

I notice that the McDonalds building in the town now has "Sale agreed" on it. It will be interesting who or what will go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

cunnijo wrote: »
    I notice that the McDonalds building in the town now has "Sale agreed" on it. It will be interesting who or what will go there.

Interesting

I was wondering passing it the other day would Graces consider taking it

Interesting

I was wondering passing it the other day would Graces consider taking it

I do not think so. Someone like Burger King or Supermacs I can see potentially taking it.

However it would be good to see a bakery returning there. Malone's done a great trade when it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

There was a rumour it was KFC looking at Mc Donald's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

rosiem wrote: »
    There was a rumour it was KFC looking at Mc Donald's

I would love a Supermacs in Naas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

Think it's abracababra

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

To add fuel to the fire, my young lad, 6, said it was going to be a florist.

Supermacs would get my vote.

Supermacs for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Anyone know of any nice walks near naas. I was in blessington and could go on lovely wooded and scenic walks around.

Seems a bit lacking around naas. There is Donadea woods but seems a bit far and harsh to pay 5euro for parking.

any suggestions greatly appreciated.

sdraobs wrote: »
    Anyone know of any nice walks near naas. I was in blessington and could go on lovely wooded and scenic walks around.

Seems a bit lacking around naas. There is Donadea woods but seems a bit far and harsh to pay 5euro for parking.

Sallins to digby bridge via the canal/aqueduct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

sdraobs wrote: »

The canal walk from sallins to naas is great. Most of it is road but it's generally quiet and slow moving traffic. The walk along the canal the opposite way, from sallins towards dublin is great too. Very quiet along the canal.

Another good one is a 5 or 10 min drive from naas out the blessington road. It's a forest trail in on the left with a small car park. Really nice hike

Yes there aren't as many natural walks on your doorstep but the canals are a real asset.

beertons wrote: »
    Sallins to digby bridge via the canal/aqueduct.

+1 on this walk. It's nice and peaceful. Do it all the time !

If you are hard-core you can get the train to hazelhatch and walk back to sallins along the canal. It's about 2.5 hours

Looking to get some work done at home - change 2 patio doors to regular windows and put single door where window is. Any recommendation for this type of work?

Looking to get some work done at home - change 2 patio doors to regular windows and put single door where window is. Any recommendation for this type of work?

Have ya the door already bought?

I got Grady Joinery in last year to replace front and back doors. Top job, not on the cheap side. But it took 2 lads the whole day.

What's it they say, pay cheap, pay twice.

Have ya the door already bought?

I got Grady Joinery in last year to replace front and back doors. Top job, not on the cheap side. But it took 2 lads the whole day.

What's it they say, pay cheap, pay twice.

No, nothing bought - are ya sellin? ;)

Looking to get an idea of cost. I will need to get block work done etc to replace the doors with windows so I'm thinking it will be more than a joiner.

Have an issue with my electric shower but not sure if it's the pull switch or the shower itself. Would an electrician be the best to call and anyone got any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Have an issue with my electric shower but not sure if it's the pull switch or the shower itself. Would an electrician be the best to call and anyone got any recommendations?

Had a similar issue lately, I used a plumber , Whereas he could do both the sparks couldn't look at the shower

MotorMike wrote: »
    Had a similar issue lately, I used a plumber , Whereas he could do both the sparks couldn't look at the shower

Ah brilliant. Would you have a recommendation ?

I think it was Gas safety services I used from Sallins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Not sure if its Naas or Newbridge, but Cash and Carry kitchens are opening up in Toughers. Just saw sign up today - beside Yankee and Pet Stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Anyone else here currently having issues with their Virgin Media broadband? I've been disconnected at least since 6.30 pm (probably longer). I also had intermittent outages last week.

According to VM, they had Naas-wide issues last Friday and also today, though all is meant to be back to normal now.

I've a technician booked in for Saturday, and, unless it's magically restored before then, I'll be near enough to a full two weeks of downtime only since November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

CeilingFly wrote:
    Not sure if its Naas or Newbridge, but Cash and Carry kitchens are opening up in Toughers. Just saw sign up today - beside Yankee and Pet Stop.

That's Naas.

St David's family day on Saturday, always put on a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Muttley_666

Does anyone have recommendations for somewhere to watch the Lions v Maori All Blacks tomorrow, and then the 3 Tests over the next weeks. Not looking for beer at that mad hour (8:30am), but a nice fry up, decent screens and sound, and a bit of atmosphere. I was hoping to see an announcement from Urban Kitchen that they had some screens installed to go with their fab brekkie....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

The Bridgewater in Sallins does breakfast and is open, I think, from 9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Does anyone have recommendations for somewhere to watch the Lions v Maori All Blacks tomorrow, and then the 3 Tests over the next weeks. Not looking for beer at that mad hour (8:30am), but a nice fry up, decent screens and sound, and a bit of atmosphere. I was hoping to see an announcement from Urban Kitchen that they had some screens installed to go with their fab brekkie....

Naas Golf Club, or Palmerstown Golf Club. Both clubhouses will be open at that time. Try the Bridgewater as stated, or I'd say Hayden's on Poplar Square, or even Kavanagh's further up the town could be open. You'd want to wander down for a pint or two tonight to, you know, research it like. Just to be sure....

Lawlors might be open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Lawlors might be open too.

You're right - given that people will be staying there overnight I'd say its a certainty they'll have it on.

Fishmonger at the big Tesco is closed up, since last Friday anyway. They had lovely fresh stock.

• Advertisement

Silken jewellers to close in town

Advertisement