Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Called Irish Water, lovely lad on the phone

He said they have had a lot of calls since last night, even people in Carberry calling with no service, no update from the local water crew though despite them reporting it to them since last night

He said there would be updates on the website once the local water crew came back to them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Called Irish Water, lovely lad on the phone

He said they have had a lot of calls since last night, even people in Carberry calling with no service, no update from the local water crew though despite them reporting it to them since last night

He said there would be updates on the website once the local water crew came back to them

Thanks for letting us know. Just dribbling the last bit of water from the kettle for the tea! Priority number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Thanks for letting us know. Just dribbling the last bit of water from the kettle for the tea! Priority number 1

Ha same, I have 2 cups left *shakes*

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Returned now, Down on pressure however

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Janine87

Anyone's children going to scoil bhride?

• Advertisement

Janine87 wrote: »

I have had 1 go through and another in 5th class now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

What's the deal with the drive through coffee shop outside smyths? Thought Costa were going in but it's finished now and no sign of anything going in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

yes, had 2 boys go through from start to finish. My eldest was in the very first class that started in the school. What would you like to know?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The Ivy is to reopen again, mid to late August.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    yes, had 2 boys go through from start to finish. My eldest was in the very first class that started in the school. What would you like to know?

I am a bit confused about the whole organisation of the school.
    I've no experience with junior infants stuff. This is my first child in this September. I'm from Germany so everything is regulated completely different but I would have thought the book list is being handed out now and not on the first day of school? How much do you have to pay? It all seems to be a bit rushed. I like to be organised.
    Also we were not told what copy books pencils etc to get. Basically all material. Everything would be on sale now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I am a bit confused about the whole organisation of the school.
    I've no experience with junior infants stuff. This is my first child in this September. I'm from Germany so everything is regulated completely different but I would have thought the book list is being handed out now and not on the first day of school? How much do you have to pay? It all seems to be a bit rushed. I like to be organised.
    Also we were not told what copy books pencils etc to get. Basically all material. Everything would be on sale now.

Did you accept a place? You should have gotten a letter worth details of what your child needs already. If not is contact the school and add they send out another copy

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

beertons wrote: »
    The Ivy is to reopen again, mid to late August.

Who's taking it ?

MotorMike wrote: »
    Who's taking it ?

He's not a publican, worked in the game all his life, think he's an old school apprentice.

He just text me earlier, that's all I can blab for now. Good guy, will really make a run with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He's not a publican, worked in the game all his life, think he's an old school apprentice.

He just text me earlier, that's all I can blab for now. Good guy, will really make a run with it.

Just give a vague idea of what he is doing with it if you know? All publicity is good publicity, especially for a bar and especially for a bar like The Ivy which was refurbished terribly and generally was the recipient of bad reviews.

How do you mean he is not a publican but worked in the game all his life? What "game" if he is not a publican and is opening a bar!!

Never ran a bar for himself before. Managed a few, knows all the in's and out's. Is young enough to know about online advertising, and able to do it himself.

Never ran a bar for himself before. Managed a few, knows all the in's and out's. Is young enough to know about online advertising, and able to do it himself.

I wasn't talking about me being a knight in shining armour for him, publicity wise!

What I merely meant is if you know something vague about what sort of establishment it will be/is he refurbishing/will it be late bar etc etc let us know.

I am just saying I don't get the secrecy on these vague topics!

Anyway.

Gastro bar, late bar.

Gastro bar, late bar.

Cheers.

Hopefully it will work out well for him. Just get rid of those f'in awful marble lights hanging from the ceiling first and foremost!

Did you accept a place? You should have gotten a letter worth details of what your child needs already. If not is contact the school and add they send out another copy

Yes we were accepted before Christmas and attended the parent meeting in may. All we got was what uniform they need to wear. Apparently the books are bought by the school but no mention of material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Any word on what going in beside graces yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Somethings on fire on the main street. I can see a lot of smoke from my window

Somethings on fire on the main street. I can see a lot of smoke from my window

This was posted on twitter. Apparently it is close to Shopping centre (or lack thereof)

DEpGxj1W0AA8-Nv.jpg

DEpHyvyXgAEoluc.jpg

The OH just walked down saying the "shopping center" is on fire

The OH just walked down saying the "shopping center" is on fire

see above

.DEpJJNHXoAA254U.jpg

Thats mad

I was only reading a few days ago that its set to be sold as receiver was appointed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Receivers appointed yesterday, goes on fire today..

Lots of smoke. Looks bad.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

What's even on fire. It's pure concrete

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Receivers appointed yesterday, goes on fire today..

Gosh, that's not suspicious. Not suspicious at all...:rolleyes:;)

• Advertisement

Let the Poxy thing burn.

Advertisement