Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

tallpaul wrote: »
    Is this the Aircoach service or something else?

It starts from the Airport at half past each hour and is operated by Dublin Coach. It heads to Port Laoise. It costs €5.00 one way from Red Cow Luas

Bus Eireanns nightlink service as far as I know is around €10.00 one way from the city centre.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone know where I can find Alder cones in Naas and what time of the season they are available

What are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

beertons wrote: »
    What are they?

Alder_Cones_2014_12_30_05_46_15_UTC.jpg?v=1429507907

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    What's the best bus from Dublin to Naas late on Saturday night/morning?

Also a bus into Dublin Saturday evening?

JJ Kavanagh has a bus at 11:30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Naas Main street looks like what it looks like.

A run down area that is frozen in time.

To buy electrical equipment - Harvey Norman or Power City

To buy boutique clothes - Kildare Village

To Buy food - Tesco - Aldi- Lidl

Home and Garden Stuff - Woodies, B&Q

Kids toys - Smyths

All of the above is outside the main street . The loyal customers who were shopping on the main street have aged.

The main street would need to be cleared and modernized from top to bottom so flagship stores who need the space can move in.

If nothing is done then the mainstreet will be populated ( which has already started ) as follows.

Euro shops

Hair Dressers

Charity shops

Computer repair

Take aways

Trouble is you are not too far off the mark!

I would hope the Main St. would at least hold on to a few more businesses such as banks, Post Office, Solicitors, Pubs, Betting Offices, Garda Station, the Courthouse, hotels ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Abbey Interiors closing too, selling off all their stock next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Abbey Interiors closing too, selling off all their stock next week.

I walked past today and it's empty

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Can anyone recommend anywhere child friendly for one adult and a two year old for a bite to eat? Thinking of treating myself and my daughter but not sure where to go that might be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Jolly is great, no problem with kids

• Advertisement

I walked past today and it's empty

I think all the stock they're selling will be in the unit beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

ChewChew wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend anywhere child friendly for one adult and a two year old for a bite to eat? Thinking of treating myself and my daughter but not sure where to go that might be good

Hey chew chew, I have an Instagram page that has some recommendations on places to eat/activities etc in naas and Kildare with kids.

Yes jolly is good food and are good with kids. Also siblings in monread beside the gym have a great menu and are really kid friendly. Others I recommend are urban kitchen beside meadow and Byrne, Swans on the green (but really just coffee and cake). I recommend these places because they have decent food and atmosphere, and are very aware of kids.

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, siblings is lovely too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

ChewChew wrote: »

A more elegant option is il.fico Italian restaurant opposite Dealz/Boots on Dublin road.

Last time I was there the table next to me had a toddler and a high chair was provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Parking is certainly an issue. But its availability of parking rather than a charge that is the issue.

As in other posts, proper signage combined with a small reasonable charge is the very best option for all.

A lot of the move away from shopping in towns is to do with convenience and our changes in expectations. We have now become more used to the big shopping centres coupled with ease of parking and accessibility. It is increasingly very hard for towns to compete as our attitudes have changed and it is often extremely difficult for a town to catch up. Some towns have managed to survive by not allowing out of town shopping centres and integrating the centres as part of the town infrastructure and building new access roads.

Naas lost the county final today to Moorefield. I'd have gone but finished work late. Anyone go?

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/kildare-restaurant-served-closure-order-breaching-food-safety/178579

weeping thaiger naas served closure order.
    my mates nicked named it the "weeping anus" a few years back.....gack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/kildare-restaurant-served-closure-order-breaching-food-safety/178579

Ah Jayzus...!!! I had a takeaway from there only last week!!

(No adverse affects, thankfully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

I think the closure order was lifted but still, I wouldn't order from them again!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Probably the safest place to order from now as at least you know everything is good...

There are probably a few places only open because the inspector hasn't been yet.

Always struck me as a clean enough spot although haven't been in a while since Thai station opened.

Weeping thaiger beef dish is nice.

• Advertisement

It's renamed now, isn't it? So if you were trying to avoid it, you wouldn't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

It's renamed now, isn't it? So if you were trying to avoid it, you wouldn't find it.

Drove past it this evening.. signs are still the same.

I'd imagine there'll be an 'under new management' sign fairly soon though.

Oh, I was thinking of the place above the Gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

The weeping thaiger owner mainly uses the facilities for his own catering business

Also owns the barber shop underneath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

There are probably a few places only open because the inspector hasn't been yet.

I can say that food safety inspectors are very vigilant and you get a visit once a year if you are always compliant and have an excellent record.

Once anything is flagged you get far more frequent visits - once every 6 weeks in some cases.

Visits are rarely flagged in advance unless its for advice and visits can take place evenings and weekends.

Having been previously involved in a food business, the regulations here and the implementation and checking is quite onerous - and that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Where's the best place for diesel in the town?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Price or quality ?

MotorMike wrote: »
    Price or quality ?

Price.

Would there be a difference in quality?
    I would have thought all the companies would need to comply to the same standards.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Price.

Would there be a difference in quality?
    I would have thought all the companies would need to comply to the same standards.

Take Enfield as an example yesterday, Customs had a tanker remove 10000 litres yesterday of washed diesel from a service station in the town, Was always the cheapest. Bad / washed fuel will cause extremely expensive problems for your car if used in any great volume,
    I personally stick to reputable brands and would always look at the trucks that bring the fuel to these garages.
    I myself always use any of the maxols in the town.
    I'm not concerned by price as 5c saving per litre on a 65 litre tank is only 3 bob and the problems that cheaper fuel will cause is a lot more than the saving !

• Advertisement

MotorMike wrote: »
    Take Enfield as an example yesterday, Customs had a tanker remove 10000 litres yesterday of washed diesel from a service station in the town, Was always the cheapest. Bad / washed fuel will cause extremely expensive problems for your car if used in any great volume,
    I personally stick to reputable brands and would always look at the trucks that bring the fuel to these garages.
    I myself always use any of the maxols in the town.
    I'm not concerned by price as 5c saving per litre on a 65 litre tank is only 3 bob and the problems that cheaper fuel will cause is a lot more than the saving !

True,

But I don't think that just because it's cheaper that its washed or illegal fuel. Some places don't bother competing on price some do. I tend to stick with the big brands also. Maxol on the naas road is 1.18 for diesel, anywhere beat that?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement