Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I can say that food safety inspectors are very vigilant and you get a visit once a year if you are always compliant and have an excellent record.

Once anything is flagged you get far more frequent visits - once every 6 weeks in some cases.

Visits are rarely flagged in advance unless its for advice and visits can take place evenings and weekends.

Having been previously involved in a food business, the regulations here and the implementation and checking is quite onerous - and that's good.

That's quite interesting and good to hear at the same time.

I've always assumed that give the huge volume of place requiring inspection from restaurants, shop delis, hotels, nursing homes etc etc that it would be virtually impossible to check them all without an army of inspectors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

MotorMike wrote: »
    Price or quality ?
    Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Price.

Would there be a difference in quality?
    I would have thought all the companies would need to comply to the same standards.

No difference in quality once you don't buy dodgy / washed diesel and even this is nearly gone due to the new mark they have.

All fuel products sold in Ireland are refined in Whitegate, Cork or Pembroke, Wales. Sometimes we get fuels from a refinery in Scotland.

Refiners do not make special bathces for different companies - they simply deliver as required.

Some brands add an additive when it arrives here into their storage tanks, but its debatable whether they make any difference.

So once you stick to main / trusted brands, go for value.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

CeilingFly wrote: »
    No difference in quality once you don't buy dodgy / washed diesel and even this is nearly gone due to the new mark they have.

All fuel products sold in Ireland are refined in Whitegate, Cork or Pembroke, Wales. Sometimes we get fuels from a refinery in Scotland.

Refiners do not make special bathces for different companies - they simply deliver as required.

Some brands add an additive when it arrives here into their storage tanks, but its debatable whether they make any difference.

So once you stick to main / trusted brands, go for value.

Exactly what I was thinking, it's the same product amongst the different companies.

Naas certainly seems to be missing a few pump stations, there's a new one due to be built next year on the monread road probably just in time for the bypass!!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

MotorMike wrote: »
    Take Enfield as an example yesterday, Customs had a tanker remove 10000 litres yesterday of washed diesel from a service station in the town, Was always the cheapest. Bad / washed fuel will cause extremely expensive problems for your car if used in any great volume,

which station in Enfield was it?

I normally use the Maxol on the Sallins Rd or the Applegreen just down from it at the lights. Both seem to be keenly priced. The Maxol certainly has had to be more competitive since Applegreen moved in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Since the New Applegreen went in on Sallins Rd at Monread Ave, prices went down by a cent or two around the town, before that there was a special price for fuel in Naas!

Maxol on Sallins Rd or Applegreen on Limerick Rd are my picks imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Can't believe how competitive the Applegreen on the corner of Monread Ave is - certainly seems to be keeping the others on their toes !

The real disgrace is that the filling stations all long the N7 southbound are a good 5/6/7c per litre dearer - where's the competition ?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

There was permission granted for a big petrol station near the cement factory I thought??

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

There was permission granted for a big petrol station near the cement factory I thought??

There was until the NRA objected claiming it would affect the work on the widening of the M7 to 3 lanes. The site is too far in to have any effect where ever they got that from.

Applegreen have not given up on a service station on the site. Hopefully common sense will prevail. 400 jobs for the town would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Hi guys is the 3 phone store still in naas?
    Need to topup 3 money card

Hi guys is the 3 phone store still in naas?
    Need to topup 3 money card

It is. Carphone Warehouse should be able to top it up for you also.

• Advertisement

Not Naas of course but Monahan's Fuels and Garden Centre were doing road diesel for €1.15/litre, the local station's in Clane were 5c/litre more.

Monahan's are now €1.18 so I don't go there anymore, they have a gravity set up where the tank is sitting on 10 pallets etc etc. Grand when saving 5c/litre, not worth it for 2c/litre IMO

Augeo wrote: »
    Not Naas of course but Monahan's Fuels and Garden Centre were doing road diesel for €1.15/litre, the local station's in Clane were 5c/litre more.

Monahan's are now €1.18 so I don't go there anymore, they have a gravity set up where the tank is sitting on 10 pallets etc etc. Grand when saving 5c/litre, not worth it for 2c/litre IMO

Applegreen on Sallins Road is €1.17 per litre, a cent lower than the others in the town.

jrar wrote: »
    The real disgrace is that the filling stations all long the N7 southbound are a good 5/6/7c per litre dearer - where's the competition ?!?

Well they don't need to compete on price as they're in a prime location. Think all the stations on the n7 are around the same price so definitely seems like there is a level of price fixing going on.

I generally try to these stations if at all possible.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

The Ivy is back open, renamed 33 south main. I saw all new beer lines going in, so if you're going to judge the pints in it, wait a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Anyone got a recommendation for an appliance repair company? need somebody to have a look at an American fridge that's playing up.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Google dimpco, They are the agents for most household brands and have good access to repair parts if required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Gonna get a Rustic delivery this evening

Any recommendations?

Gonna get a Rustic delivery this evening

Any recommendations?

Had the all meat pizza and a vegetarian pizza.

Meat pizza was lovely.

Vegetarian pizza could have done with some meat.

Hope this helps 😀

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I can't remember who told me, but there's a Capri pizza that has doner meat on it, and it's amazing.

beertons wrote: »
    I can't remember who told me, but there's a Capri pizza that has doner meat on it, and it's amazing.

Yeah I can see how it would be great but I'd say you'd feel seriously dirty after eating it..

Doner meat is a kind of filth that shouldn't be entertained before pub closing time.

A doner pizza is now on my to do list though. Roll on the w'end.

• Advertisement

I got these in the end and will rate both as 5 stars

CLONAKILTY PIZZA
    Clonakilty black pudding, crispy pancetta, mixed wild mushrooms, tomato sauce, Fiore Di Latte mozzarella, basil leaf and garlic.

PIZZA ARDSALLAGH
    Ardsallagh goats’ cheese, tomato sauce, oven roasted red peppers, garlic, caramelised onion, basil leaves, parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil topped with rocket leaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

beertons wrote: »

That was me, my waistline can confirm it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Smyths is closed due to flooding. Looks like they are jinxed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Cazale wrote: »
    Smyths is closed due to flooding. Looks like they are jinxed!

Oh jayzis, bad luck alright

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Anyone else having issues with Virgin Media ? I've no internet or TV service at all ...... Sallins area.

cathalj wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with Virgin Media ? I've no internet or TV service at all ...... Sallins area.

Yeah same as that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I have had on and off internet for the past 4 hours

Currently no connection here by Naas hospital

No internet, tv or mobile phone since early this morning. Apparently they're working on the problem and should be back working within an hour.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

The automated virgin media message now says estimated fix time is 3 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Back for me :)

Advertisement