Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Not a place I'd like to live given the weather expected

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Power gone for anyone?

Virgin media down here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Dunnes Stores confirmed for Naas @ Superquinn site

Brilliant news

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ideb

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Power gone for anyone?

Virgin media down here.

Power flickered once or twice, but is still on here (Limerick Road/Naas town area. But I'm with Eir for broadband. Apparently South Kildare is without power. Tree down in Monread area - https://www.kildarenow.com/news/fallen-tree-pulls-road-structure-naas-estate-storm-worsens/189848 and there is this - https://www.kildarenow.com/news/co-kildare-road-now-blocked-ophelia-approaching-fast-furiously/189819.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Dunnes Stores confirmed for Naas @ Superquinn site

Brilliant news

is there a link to that news. id like to read up on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

is there a link to that news. id like to read up on it

Only announced.

James Lawless shared this post on FB

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1679713458727285&id=1409936009038366

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

2 tree's down beside each other in morell dale. A few in the park too. Had to get out after dinner with the dog and assess the damage. Really enjoyed the power going, did loads of painting with the kids and playing some kazoo game I bought for last Christmas.

The roads around Tutty's took a hammering too. Alot if debris on the road. Some clean up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hi all,

Looking to get 4 tiles replace at the bottom of my roof (2 storey) and morter fixed to hold them as it's broken off the side. I have the tiles to hand and a ladder.

Anyone know of and can recommend a handyman for this? Straightforward but I'm no good with the heights!!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Council on caragh road this afternoon with tractor and trailer cleaning all the rubbish left behind by our transient friends.

Hedge absolutely full of rubbish, piles of hedge cuttings, fence panels into field broken, rubbish dumped at field gate and probably in the field as well. All for others to pick up. We're they even there 2 weeks??

And somebody somewhere will make an excuse for it... 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Magilla Gorilla

Who gave it to them to dispose of?

Who gave it to them to dispose of?

Perhaps someone who should know better..

Maybe someone that doesn't know better..

Who knows...

Maybe they were going to bring it all up to silliot hill but we're moved before they got a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,806 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are people who are convinced that any waste collector is legit; or who simply don't give a toss.

L1011 wrote: »
    There are people who are convinced that any waste collector is legit; or who simply don't give a toss.

Few older types scammed in newbridge last week for gutter cleaning and the likes.

Can't say for sure it was our friends but if I were a gambler I know where my money would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Had one of those big skip bags a few weeks ago. Carefully filled it so i could fit everything in without going over the top. Then I find some fella rooting in it and leaving half the stuff thrown in my garden. I tell him theres nothing of value in the skip - he asks if I would give him 40euro to "take it away"....Obviously I didnt take him up on this but according to the skip company these lads are always doing the same and dumping the stuff anywhere.

Delighted to see the caravans are gone from the roundabout at Donnelly mirrors.

beertons wrote: »
    Delighted to see the caravans are gone from the roundabout at Donnelly mirrors.

2 additional holiday campers at the roundabout the other end of millennium though..

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Virgin wifi and tv down for anyone else?

Edit; it's back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Went to Rustic yesterday for dinner with the rest of the Beers. Very nice. Well priced. As Arnie said, I'll be back!

Anyone go for a trip on the boats down at the harbour? I didn't book, rocked up at 330, kids were having a nap, and was told it was all booked out when we got there. Pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi Nass Boards

Can someone please advice your opinion on this APT? is very close to a school, all right.

https://offices.sherryfitz.ie/naas/property/residential/sales/sallins-road-naas/rps_sfg-NAS170422/

260K is not a very cheap price IMO, how was the area like? would be easy to rent out one room?

Thanks
    H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

Builders have a good reputation so finish should be good. Excellent area close to town. But the estate is just starting so maybe find out what else is to be built. Also check out the proposed service charge and add that to your costs. Parking should be a consideration too especially if you intend renting a room.

Delphinium wrote: »
    Builders have a good reputation so finish should be good. Excellent area close to town. But the estate is just starting so maybe find out what else is to be built. Also check out the proposed service charge and add that to your costs. Parking should be a consideration too especially if you intend renting a room.

Many thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

+1 for the builder.
    I bought a house locally they built 8 years ago, Excellent standard and well finished. Not your typical pre recession cowboys, A good outfit.

MotorMike wrote: »
    +1 for the builder.
    I bought a house locally they built 8 years ago, Excellent standard and well finished. Not your typical pre recession cowboys, A good outfit.

Thanks as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

2 additional holiday campers at the roundabout the other end of millennium though..

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...

Saw yesterday that 2 holiday campers left the roundabout behind Power City on the ring road, and left a load of rubbish ( nothing new there ).

BUT, There is still one caravan there with it's windows smashed up.:mad::mad::mad:

Saw yesterday that 2 holiday campers left the roundabout behind Power City on the ring road, and left a load of rubbish ( nothing new there ).

BUT, There is still one caravan there with it's windows smashed up.:mad::mad::mad:

It's a strange one. I drive by there every morning and last week there were 6 campers, 2 left coming up to the weekend and the morning after Halloween there were only 2, both with the windows smashed. I can't imagine and randomer would stop and smash up a caravan so it's more likely that they are just dumping them for the council to pick up.

Was at red lane the other day and there is a caravan dumped on the back road as well with windows broken. Another present for the council..

On another note, lots of noises coming from the councillors regarding providing a solution to the traveller issue of late. Looks like a site will be in the post sooner or later. Keep an eye out on that nice bit of unused ground near your house. You may be getting some friendly new neighbours....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lots of work ongoing beside McDonald’s in Monread. Anybody know what’s going on there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

I passed by on Friday before lunch and both caravans had their windows smashed in and on Friday night only one caravan was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

pad199207 wrote: »
    Lots of work ongoing beside McDonald’s in Monread. Anybody know what’s going on there ?

Dunne's Stores

Advertisement