Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

pad199207 wrote: »
    Lots of work ongoing beside McDonald’s in Monread. Anybody know what’s going on there ?

A petrol station I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

A petrol station I think.

Ugh thought it was going to be KFC

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Was hoping for another costa coffee but it's a petrol station I believe..

Hope they have a Costa though...

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Mac B

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Dunne's Stores

I could be wrong but I had heard that Dunnes is going where Superquinn used to be!

Was hoping for another costa coffee but it's a petrol station I believe..

Hope they have a Costa though...

I hope to god your messing lol

• Advertisement

Mac B wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I had heard that Dunnes is going where Superquinn used to be!

Yeah Dunnes going in where Superquinn used to be.

pad199207 wrote: »
    I hope to god your messing lol

Well I for one believe that 3 Costa outlets in a mile stretch between the town and Tesco is simply not enough... We deserve 4 at least..

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Petrol station we signed on some months back

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

MotorMike wrote: »
    Petrol station we signed on some months back

Is it Tesco petrol station?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

going out in Naas to watch the rugby on saturday, but planning to get a bite to eat at the same time. Any recommendations for grub and a TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

going out in Naas to watch the rugby on saturday, but planning to get a bite to eat at the same time. Any recommendations for grub and a TV?

Lawlor's will do food in the bar for you. Get there early though, as it will fill up fairly quickly. Kavanagh's will be showing the match, but won't be doing food on Saturday as far as I know (well, maybe soup and sandwiches). The new 33 South Main (or whatever its called - the old Ivy!) has food too I think, but I haven't been there yet so not sure.

Monread Inn too perhaps.,?

Anatom wrote: »
    Lawlor's will do food in the bar for you. Get there early though, as it will fill up fairly quickly. Kavanagh's will be showing the match, but won't be doing food on Saturday as far as I know (well, maybe soup and sandwiches). The new 33 South Main (or whatever its called - the old Ivy!) has food too I think, but I haven't been there yet so not sure.

Monread Inn too perhaps.,?

Thanks, want to keep close to main street alright, will be having a few pints after too. I think it will be a 33 main st, was in there a couple of weeks ago. Food was nice, a little bit of a strange atmosphere? But probably new staff etc getting used to everyone. The place looks very well though

Had never really been in the Ivy before that though so not sure if its the same clientelle there or what...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Anatom

Thanks, want to keep close to main street alright, will be having a few pints after too. I think it will be a 33 main st, was in there a couple of weeks ago. Food was nice, a little bit of a strange atmosphere? But probably new staff etc getting used to everyone. The place looks very well though

Had never really been in the Ivy before that though so not sure if its the same clientelle there or what...

No idea. I haven't been in there in about 15 years! I hear from someone much, much younger than I am that its not doing as well as expected. Not sure why, but your comment about the strange atmosphere might be part of the reason...

I have eaten in 33 SM and it's good.

Took a stroll up there during the week for my 'midweek get out of the house' champions league pint or two. Was quiet on a Wednesday but the area to the right of the bar was good for sport. It's all swivel bar stools.

Good chat with bar man, seemed a decent sort..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Mac B wrote: »

Ya mistake my part
    Thought it was McDonald on Main Street
    Old age

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Well I for one believe that 3 Costa outlets in a mile stretch between the town and Tesco is simply not enough... We deserve 4 at least..

:)

If the new applegreen service area on the cemex site goes ahead, you'll have your fourth ' :-P

I have eaten in 33 SM and it's good.

Took a stroll up there during the week for my 'midweek get out of the house' champions league pint or two. Was quiet on a Wednesday but the area to the right of the bar was good for sport. It's all swivel bar stools.

Good chat with bar man, seemed a decent sort..

Ended up going to graces yesterday for both matches. First time in there since it was done up. Lovely setup and food was really decent. Did exactly what we were looking for for the matches. Had fish and chips, others had burgers and a couple of sides. Would recommend.

Ended up going to graces yesterday for both matches. First time in there since it was done up. Lovely setup and food was really decent. Did exactly what we were looking for for the matches. Had fish and chips, others had burgers and a couple of sides. Would recommend.

Got there myself on Friday night upstairs in the 5 rooms tapas. Was great. Thought it was nicer than last radas although I've been to las radas several times so it might be the excitement of somewhere new...

Will be back for another try.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Traffic lights going up on the Sallins road at the entrance of old town demense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bbnaas

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Ya mistake my part
    Thought it was McDonald on Main Street
    Old age

Anything happening in the closed McDonalds - rumour was Bradburys had bought it but not much activity yet

• Advertisement

Bbnaas wrote: »
    Anything happening in the closed McDonalds - rumour was Bradburys had bought it but not much activity yet

I heard Nando's. Dunno if there's any truth behind it.

Bbnaas wrote: »

Hopefully a Costa coffee...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Hopefully a Costa coffee...

No chance especially with one in Naas Town Center. We have enough of them in 3 and maybe 4 if Applegreen succeed out at Maudlins.

Why not Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

cunnijo wrote: »
    No chance especially with one in Naas Town Center. We have enough of them in 3 and maybe 4 if Applegreen succeed out at Maudlins.

Why not Supermacs.

Supermacs would be ideal or a penny's.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Supermacs would be ideal

Someone tip off Pat McDonagh!

beertons wrote: »
    I heard Nando's.

McD's food is bad enough....Nando's????? :eek:

Nando's would be a good land for the town, and it makes sense.

They are relitively new to Ireland, so they are looking to expand, and they command a higher quality exclusive brand, than that of McDonald's, KFC, or Burger King. It's a prime location for this model, and all the cooking equipment is most likely in place, only an international company will spend the money required to change the McDonald's fit out, an independent probably wouldn't invest as much.

I like the amount of high quality pub grub options there are in naas, but any more and it will begin a race to the bottom.

Ireland obsession with fast food chains would mean it would probably do well. I have only seen them in shopping centres though so maybe that's just where they choose to stay. Either way, not a bad business to have in the town, it would bring in foot fall

Went for a family meal in Rustic last night...... disappointed compared to previous visit

Pizza bases very soggy on all 3

The pasta dish had far too many chillis in it, it overwhelmed the taste

Not sure I would be going back soon. Place still packed

They have a good wine selection but overall disappointed

Hope it was just a one off

Parking on the main street to be run by another clamping company. There'll be a shortage of nails soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Petroglyph

Anyone know when the new dog park is opening at monread park?

Advertisement