Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

beertons wrote: »
    Parking on the main street to be run by another clamping company. There'll be a shortage of nails soon.

If its apcoa like Newbridge, then they aren't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Recommendation for an Indian in the town
    Which one is the best?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Which one is the best?

About 2 months ago I'd have said mayur by a country mile.

Haven't been on an Indian buzz in a while but I assume it's still good.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Which one is the best?

Definitely Mayur

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Was in Mayur on Saturday. Food was ok, service was terrible. We were seated half an hour before they took our order, the starter took another half hour to arrive, and it was only deep fried stuff. They would have been quicker to phone in an order with a takeaway and get them to drop it up! I won't be back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Hi all,

I'm in Naas and have had my eye on the SIRO fibre-to-the-home rollout for the last while, Digiweb are the SIRO provider for Naas, I'd registered my interest with them. Got a call this morning that it has just gone live on my road (near Monread Park). I've signed up for the 150Mb package @ €45 per month. No install fee as the backhaul is with e-net apparently. The agent said I should be up and running in 10-15 days.

Also, they have a refer a friend option:

https://www.digiweb.ie/referafriend/

If I refer someone to the service I get €30 credit and the person I refer gets €30 so PM me if you want to take advantage of this.

Cerdito wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in Naas and have had my eye on the SIRO fibre-to-the-home rollout for the last while, Digiweb are the SIRO provider for Naas, I'd registered my interest with them. Got a call this morning that it has just gone live on my road (near Monread Park). I've signed up for the 150Mb package @ €45 per month. No install fee as the backhaul is with e-net apparently. The agent said I should be up and running in 10-15 days.

Also, they have a refer a friend option:

https://www.digiweb.ie/referafriend/

If I refer someone to the service I get €30 credit and the person I refer gets €30 so PM me if you want to take advantage of this.

Fairly crappy speed considering its fiber to your house.
    Would expect 1000mb like eir are offering in monread right now (80e p/m:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Looking to get a gas cooker installed. Any suggestions for someone local?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

maybe thats the plan he chose?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Naas Man

See the annual Christmas Fair is back on in the Town Hall on Saturday 9th.
    Usually a cosy and well run affair, great raffle . . . which I have to win yet!
    Anyone been to any of the other fairs round the town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

micks wrote: »
    maybe thats the plan he chose?
    Yeah, I went with the 150/30 plan, don't need anymore than this. There is a 1Gb package available to me if I wanted to pay for it so I'm future proofed in terms of bandwidth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Hi all. Anyone know a good plumber who does work in Celbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

Hi folks anybody know of any free parking in nass have jury duty starting tomorrow and am told you have to pay for it at your own expense! I'm smashed till payday which is this Friday get paid by the month!

benny79 wrote: »
    Hi folks anybody know of any free parking in nass have jury duty starting tomorrow and am told you have to pay for it at your own expense! I'm smashed till payday which is this Friday get paid by the month!

Car park at the county council building on the newbridge road would do. Couple of minutes walk but you'll not be bothered by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

The guards usually let you park in the garda stations if you are on jury duty.
    Pop in and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Apparently its €2 for the day in swan Dowling's pub

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Or park in osprey hotel for free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭benny79

cheers folks yeah I know where the osprey hotel is and the council/tax office buildings are across from it.. Great stuff..

Country really is gone to the dogs you swear I was guilty the way the summons is written! if you don't attend you will be fined x amount etc etc.. then you have to make your own way there at your cost! what if I didnt drive.. Just by chance my letter was on my desk in work and I noticed it this morning! starts tomorrow.. No fear of them ringing you as a reminder!

cheers folks yeah I know where the osprey hotel is and the council/tax office buildings are across from it.. Great stuff..

Country really is gone to the dogs you swear I was guilty the way the summons is written! if you don't attend you will be fined x amount etc etc.. then you have to make your own way there at your cost! what if I didnt drive.. Just by chance my letter was on my desk in work and I noticed it this morning! starts tomorrow.. No fear of them ringing you as a reminder!

Draw a swastika on your forehead before you go in... You'll be back at your car so quick you won't even need a parking ticket...

Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I see John Conroy’s menswear on South Main Street is closing Xmas Eve for good.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I see John Conroy’s menswear on South Main Street is closing Xmas Eve for good.

I remember when I was around 20 or so, I used to buy from him a good bit. But the clothes weren't the best quality. 2/3 washes, and they'd look wrecked. Whelans and Brownes might cost a bit more, but they are better wearing.

Nice guy though. Think he was a trainer of some sorts before the rag trade. For banking, customer services, etc. He'll land on his feet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭tastyt

Hey guys, you might be able to help. Looking at a house in the monread area, partner and new born.

Just looking for general opinions on the place, is it a nice area to live? Decent pubs or sports clubs?

One other thing, id be getting train from sallins for work in the mornings, I presume its not walkable but would it be an ok cycle??

Cheers

tastyt wrote: »
    Hey guys, you might be able to help. Looking at a house in the monread area, partner and new born.

Just looking for general opinions on the place, is it a nice area to live? Decent pubs or sports clubs?

One other thing, id be getting train from sallins for work in the mornings, I presume its not walkable but would it be an ok cycle??

Cheers

Monread is generally a good area, I have lived nearby for 21 years. Monread Lodge is right in the middle of it and a quite popular pub which does a good variety of food and has an extensive cocktail menu. Check it out on Facebook.
    You are spoilt for sports clubs around Naas as there is GAA, Rugby, Soccer.
    Plenty of creches and schools in Naas.
    You can easily cycle to the train station. I drive to it at 7am just before it fills up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

The feeder bus goes through Monread from Naas town to the train station in Sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

thelawman wrote: »
    The feeder bus goes through Monread from Naas town to the train station in Sallins

Correction. The feeder bus does not go through Monread. Its route from Naas is out the Sallins Road until it turns right into Morrell passing Oldtown. The nearest it gets to Monread is at the Applegreen garage.

Derekeire. To cycle it should take no longer than 10 minutes to/from train station depending where you are moving to in Monread

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Naas is to become a digital hub town. With the arrival if Siro next year hopefully the area will really benefit.

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/multi-million-euro-investment-digital-hub-naas-welcomed/199312

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

cunnijo wrote: »
    Naas is to become a digital hub town. With the arrival if Siro next year hopefully the area will really benefit.

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/multi-million-euro-investment-digital-hub-naas-welcomed/199312

To be built next to Council Offices. Knew they wouldn’t allow new houses so close to the County Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Guys, does anyone know a good plumber in Naas?
    We bought 3 bathroom vanity units with sinks which I assembled but need a plumber to do his bit now. I contacted 2-3 plumbers but they are either not interested or don't have time!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

regedit wrote: »
    Guys, does anyone know a good plumber in Naas?
    We bought 3 bathroom vanity units with sinks which I assembled but need a plumber to do his bit now. I contacted 2-3 plumbers but they are either not interested or don't have time!

Try this guy.

Ian Jay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

4 Star Pizza opening on the main street

Advertisement