Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Goal mile on Christmas morning from the gaa at 11. Weather has been kind for it the past few years I've been doing it.

Any interest in Naas boards beers?

beertons wrote: »
    Goal mile on Christmas morning from the gaa at 11. Weather has been kind for it the past few years I've been doing it.

Any interest in Naas boards beers?

Any excuse to go drinking! Count me in.

Any excuse to go drinking! Count me in.

Deadly. How will we work this, on here or whatsapp group? I'm working till 3 every day. Have Saturday off I think, so free to go anywhere Friday evening? Next Friday, not today.

Whatsapp group set up. Pm me your moby if thirsty and I'll add you.

Don't make us look like the odd couple lads and lassies. Starting in the Monread, and maybe walking down the town for more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Don't make us look like the odd couple lads and lassies. Starting in the Monread, and maybe walking down the town for more.

I'd give ye a shout only I'm down the country for Christmas, perhaps another one in the new year.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Anybody else get a leaflet in the door explaining the roadworks on the N7 starting in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

pad199207 wrote: »
    Anybody else get a leaflet in the door explaining the roadworks on the N7 starting in January?

There is a flashing sign at both Kill and Johnstown regarding widening works commencing January 3 on the M7.

As I drive up & down to/from Dublin every day for my job, are the new works on the N7 starting soon? If widening the M7 isn't enough already, have we now also have to put up with roadworks on the N7 too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

As I drive up & down to/from Dublin every day for my job, are the new works on the N7 starting soon? If widening the M7 isn't enough already, have we now also have to put up with roadworks on the N7 too?

I imagine they are the same roadworks and the poster meant M7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Cazale wrote: »
    I imagine they are the same roadworks and the poster meant M7.

Really hope so C. The thought of having to run the roadworks gauntlet prior to having to face the widening doesn't bear thinking of.

Then again, nothing would surprise me in this country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Happy new year ladies and gents.

I remember someone on here asking about fascia and soffit work they got done. I need some work done on my wooden fascia and soffit. Any recommendations?

Christmas beers never got going. How about a reschedule to end of January?

Happy new year ladies and gents.

I remember someone on here asking about fascia and soffit work they got done. I need some work done on my wooden fascia and soffit. Any recommendations?

Sean Hutchens from Robertstown does gutters etc 0876957216

Last no I put up was for gutter cleaning.

Sean Hutchens from Robertstown does gutters etc 0876957216

Last no I put up was for gutter cleaning.

Thanks a mil

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Sallins and Naas - Irish Rail

Hi all
    I am moving to Naas soon and going to use Irish Rail up and down to town daily (lady).
    Is Sallins and Naas safe to walk at night ( some of my shift may need to take the last train from Dublin), I was walking around last Sunday near the super value end of the station and noticed a lot of empty APT and not many pp around at all.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

It's about as safe a residential place as you'll find. There's nothing particularly dangerous about Naas/Sallins. It's generally a fairly tranquil place. Take standard precautions as you would anywhere when walking home at night. The risks of getting mugged or something are not high in comparison to other built up areas in my opinion , but it would be stupid to say that attacks are totally unheard of.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

It's about as safe a residential place as you'll find. There's nothing particularly dangerous about Naas/Sallins. It's generally a fairly tranquil place. Take standard precautions as you would anywhere when walking home at night. The risks of getting mugged or something are not high in comparison to other built up areas in my opinion , but it would be stupid to say that attacks are totally unheard of.
    Many thanks for the advice

Heard there is somewhere up near swans that you can drop your Christmas tree off, any idea where that is? Treee going on the roof rack today

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Heard there is somewhere up near swans that you can drop your Christmas tree off, any idea where that is? Treee going on the roof rack today

Dunno about swans but there is one out the newbridge road near toughers if you're stuck.

Dunno about swans but there is one out the newbridge road near toughers if you're stuck.

Much of a muchness I guess. Where is that then John?

• Advertisement

Much of a muchness I guess. Where is that then John?

Newbridge side of toughers roundabout but on the Naas bound side of the dual carriageway. It's in a yard/Depot type thing.

It's council and was open during the week. Apologise if it's closed today and your trip is wasted.

You can drop your tree off in Fairgreen which is across from Swans.

Papa Johns Pizza reported to be moving into the vacant McDonald's unit, in the popular square.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Papa Johns Pizza reported to be moving into the vacant McDonald's unit, in the popular square.

That in turn would suggest a Supermacs as well

You want pizza with your Costa coffee...
    Naas is for you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

It would be good if it was a Papa John's/ Super Macs

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

No, they are moving into the new Topaz garage. Nothing in McDonald's yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

No, they are moving into the new Topaz garage. Nothing in McDonald's yet

Where is the new topaz?? Monread??

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Where is the new topaz?? Monread??

Got it from this
    https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/291762/another-pizza-brand-is-set-to-open-in-naas.html

The picture in the article is misleading

• Advertisement

The lads are back in town.

Parked up at the cemex gate near the ball. Does anyone really need access at that point. Surely a few bollards or a few loads of stone would sort that out.

Advertisement