Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

The lads are back in town.

Parked up at the cemex gate near the ball. Does anyone really need access at that point. Surely a few bollards or a few loads of stone would sort that out.

Just passed by, There is some fleet parked up !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

They pulled in on Tuesday around lunch time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Looking for a couple of recommendations

1. a roofer to fix a leak on a tile roof

2. a builder who can remove sliding doors, build a block wall, and fit new windows.

Number 1 is most urgent, number 2 I'm looking to get a cost on this but would like a recommendation on previous experience

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Looking for a couple of recommendations

1. a roofer to fix a leak on a tile roof

2. a builder who can remove sliding doors, build a block wall, and fit new windows.

Number 1 is most urgent, number 2 I'm looking to get a cost on this but would like a recommendation on previous experience

Cheers

RMI Services over in jigginstown basically do everything house related.

Has done some various renovation works for me before with no issue.

They have a website, might be a good starting point.

RMI Services over in jigginstown basically do everything house related.

Has done some various renovation works for me before with no issue.

They have a website, might be a good starting point.

Thanks. Yeah Iv come across them before and he does good work alright. Will try get a couple of quotes together

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Anyone recommend a plumber ? Need to get a motorised valve fixed

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Lads, need a new home heating boiler; any recommendations for who / which company to discuss with in Naas? I have undertaken online research but reviews are thin and far between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Anyone recommend a plumber ? Need to get a motorised valve fixed

Cheers
    Lads, need a new home heating boiler; any recommendations for who / which company to discuss with in Naas? I have undertaken online research but reviews are thin and far between.

I used a guy from Adverts who is an absolute gentleman and services the Leinster area. Fixed up my mothers' house with both plumbing and heating issues over Christmas in 2 emergencies.

He's a plumbing and heating engineer. Let me know if you want me to PM his advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lockster

As with the posts above would highly recommend Martin from RMI Service look at your heating and new boiler. No connection just a satisfied customer.

No, they are moving into the new Topaz garage. Nothing in McDonald's yet

My bad. Saw the report, and the pic of the McDonald's building as just assumed it was going in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

beertons wrote: »
    My bad. Saw the report, and the pic of the McDonald's building as just assumed it was going in there.

Where is this new Topaz garage going? Applegreen had applied to locate at the old concrete plant at Maudlin's and are still hoping to go there.

Topaz garage, is that Hennessy's?

beertons wrote: »
    Topaz garage, is that Hennessy's?

No. Applegreen took that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,988 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

cunnijo wrote: »
    Where is this new Topaz garage going? Applegreen had applied to locate at the old concrete plant at Maudlin's and are still hoping to go there.

Think it's down beside McDonald's.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Wow, lucky the hospital is close, half the town is a take away!

It will be interesting as to where it will go. There is a planning application for a resturant/take away on the site of The Gem and of course the old McDonalds site.

If it is out in Monread (Tesco) then it will be of no benefit to the town. They along with Tesco would potentailly lose out once Dunnes Stores opens in the Superquinn site later this year.

I would have thought both Papa Johns and Supermac's would go into the Old Mc Donalds considering they are connected

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bbnaas

Few sites I’ve seen today about the Supermac’s announcement are mentioning Papa Johns as being the new Supermacs store in Naas. Maybe we’re only getting the pizzas !

I see our ethnic friends down at the big ball are keeping the place spotless :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

I see our ethnic friends down at the big ball are keeping the place spotless :rolleyes:

The shiny caravans are actually more easy on the eye than that burnt out wasteland behind them.

pad199207 wrote: »
    The shiny caravans are actually more easy on the eye than that burnt out wasteland behind them.

True. The Modern art of Couches, Piles of Binbags and garden waste dumped on top is exceptional. Thiers a lot of talent there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Hi all, any suggestions as to where I can get a birthday cake made ? must be in the shape of a green dinosaur!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

thelawman wrote: »
    Hi all, any suggestions as to where I can get a birthday cake made ? must be in the shape of a green dinosaur!

'Sweet Caroline' in Sallins...... She's excellent..... She's on Facebook. You can have a look at some of her creations!
    Dunno how to post a link, but you should find her if you look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

cathalj wrote: »
    'Sweet Caroline' in Sallins...... She's excellent..... She's on Facebook. You can have a look at some of her creations!
    Dunno how to post a link, but you should find her if you look it up.

fantastic , thanks very much, :)

Folks

The days of parking your cars in Sallins village all day to catch a train to work are over. Sallins Community Council in conjunction with KCC have imposed a 2 hour limit on parking in the area effective shortly. Notices are being placed on cars reminding motorists of this and signage is now also in place.

Taken from Sallins Community Council Facebook page issued yesterday.

New parking rules are now in effect in Sallins village. MAX STAY 2hrs. Today, cars which had parked all day, were given a warning by KCC.

27331695_1053766964765261_3860831699432861819_n.jpg?oh=fc9002921bcb139230332e69b92b1f72&oe=5ADDE14F
    27545532_1053767038098587_1852106630360896372_n.jpg?oh=02757e64f75e83e74346885009bb14fe&oe=5B223588
    27332464_1053767148098576_2159813749695605769_n.jpg?oh=941297be29c801d7cc0e335abd41ff3d&oe=5AE91CAA

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

cunnijo wrote: »
    Folks

The days of parking your cars in Sallins village all day to catch a train to work are over. Sallins Community Council in conjunction with KCC have imposed a 2 hour limit on parking in the area effective shortly. Notices are being placed on cars reminding motorists of this and signage is now also in place.

Taken from Sallins Community Council Facebook page issued yesterday.

New parking rules are now in effect in Sallins village. MAX STAY 2hrs. Today, cars which had parked all day, were given a warning by KCC.

27331695_1053766964765261_3860831699432861819_n.jpg?oh=fc9002921bcb139230332e69b92b1f72&oe=5ADDE14F
    27545532_1053767038098587_1852106630360896372_n.jpg?oh=02757e64f75e83e74346885009bb14fe&oe=5B223588
    27332464_1053767148098576_2159813749695605769_n.jpg?oh=941297be29c801d7cc0e335abd41ff3d&oe=5AE91CAA

No harm, the all day parking along the canal is killing the lunchtime trade of the 2 pubs.

Would be nice if there was another option but what do you do...

I see clamping is beginning in Oldbridge station next Monday for all day Parker’s too. Times are changing with the increase in people taking train it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Its all very admirable to clamp down on these rail users but to provide no alternative is hugely frustrating.

• Advertisement

GavMan wrote: »
    Its all very admirable to clamp down on these rail users but to provide no alternative is hugely frustrating.

Alot of the trouble is people traveling from other towns further town the line with stations with empty car parks but those people are availing of cheaper train rates from Sallins .

Advertisement