Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

According to James lawless' latest blurb, the business taking over the remaining buildings in the waterways have pledged to open the underground car park. See what the future holds....

I got an email from parkbytext the other day to say they’ve lost the contract of Irish rail car parks to APCOA, who’ll take over after Feb 28th. I see APCOA have an app (thank god). I wonder if the prices will go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

coffeepls wrote: »
    I got an email from parkbytext the other day to say they’ve lost the contract of Irish rail car parks to APCOA, who’ll take over after Feb 28th. I see APCOA have an app (thank god). I wonder if the prices will go up.

Unlikely. I think Irish Rail set the pricing for their car parks. There seems however to be conflicting reports in relation to those who purchased an annual parking permits. What is the official word on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

cunnijo wrote: »
    Unlikely. I think Irish Rail set the pricing for their car parks. There seems however to be conflicting reports in relation to those who purchased an annual parking permits. What is the official word on this?

This was in the email (if this is any help)
    Parkbytext parking transaction beyond 28th February.
    Any customers (e.g. such as TaxSaver or annual pass holders) who have a valid parking transaction beyond 28/2/18, this transaction will still be valid. The new car park operators will be provided with these parking validity dates via Irish Rail. Customers will not be able to edit an Irish Rail parking transaction in the parkbytext system beyond the 28th February 2018. Further details on how to change these parking passes will be made available on www.apcoaconnect.ie prior to the 28th February.”

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

A public tender was released yesterday for detailed design services to expand parking in Sallins and Naas and Maynooth. Looks like its in progress but may be awhile

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

A public tender was released yesterday for detailed design services to expand parking in Sallins and Naas and Maynooth. Looks like its in progress but may be awhile

They need to get the boot on with this now. It’s clear now that North Kildare is now just one big Dublin Suburb and transport is the biggest concern for this constituency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

pad199207 wrote: »
    They need to get the boot on with this now. It’s clear now that North Kildare is now just one big Dublin Suburb and transport is the biggest concern for this constituency.

Are we all getting supplied with dublin jerseys? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

A public tender was released yesterday for detailed design services to expand parking in Sallins and Naas and Maynooth.  Looks like its in progress but may be awhile
    Irish Rail will need planning permission for extra car parking spaces and will struggle to buy land adjacent to the sites to use as parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They have both planning and land in Maynooth. Haven't moved on it for years though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Are we all getting supplied with dublin jerseys? :p

I already have mine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Anyone know what is being built beside McDonalds on the Monread Road? Foundations for something are going up.

Now that im a grump, can i moan about all the non-muffler cars and anti-social behaviour being attracted to that McDonalds. Some business they are doing there. Car park always looks busy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

sdraobs wrote: »
    Anyone know what is being built beside McDonalds on the Monread Road? Foundations for something are going up.

Now that im a grump, can i moan about all the non-muffler cars and anti-social behaviour being attracted to that McDonalds. Some business they are doing there. Car park always looks busy.

Topaz garage.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Anyone know where to buy good quality stove wood at a good price?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Anyone know where to buy good quality stove wood at a good price?

How much are you looking for? Does it have to be kiln dried?

beertons wrote: »
    How much are you looking for? Does it have to be kiln dried?

Just needs to be dry split logs really

Just needs to be dry split logs really

There's a guy I get a trailer load off, 08734321 five 5. He comes from Athy. Keith I think his name is, found him on donedeal a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭adgib

Anyone know an electrician,having problem with bathroom light tripping

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Some good news for Naas. Kildare County Council have officially given the go ahead for the re-development of the old Superquinn site. Dunnes Stores are expected to open up there. As for the old Grandstand pub a decision is due shortly.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/298305/naas-supermarket-site-gets-the-green-light.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cullion322

Hi,
    Moved to Naas recently. Looking to join a five a side soccer game in the Naas area. Anyone need another player available to stand in and help make up the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Cullion322 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Moved to Naas recently. Looking to join a five a side soccer game in the Naas area. Anyone need another player available to stand in and help make up the numbers?
    I play in a game on Sundays at 10:30am at the k leisure. PM me your number and I can add you to the WhatsApp group. Average age would be 35+ so it's a nicely paced game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

cunnijo wrote: »
    Some good news for Naas. Kildare County Council have officially given the go ahead for the re-development of the old Superquinn site. Dunnes Stores are expected to open up there. As for the old Grandstand pub a decision is due shortly.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/298305/naas-supermarket-site-gets-the-green-light.html
    Interesting people behind the company who applied for planning.

They are/were part owners of st Stephen's green centre, owners of bus stop newsagents, part owners of a few eason franchise stores, owners of card gallery stores and owners of a couple of centra stores.

If they are seeing it as a property investment, then Dunnes would be favourites, but it could also be a super value as they have a working relationship with Musgraves.

With dunnes planning a big upgrade in Newbridge, and very much into larger stores than this, I don't think Dunnes is a dunne deal (had to get that pun in) on this site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Bbnaas

If you check the planning application documents on the Kildare Council planning system, some drawings do show signage for Dunnes Stores

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Spider Rico

I see development work starting at the corner of the roundabout at Old Caragh Road, at the turn off for Caragh Court/ Finlay Park. Anyone know what’s going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I see development work starting at the corner of the roundabout at Old Caragh Road, at the turn off for Caragh Court/ Finlay Park. Anyone know what’s going on there?

Nothing its just being used as a storage area for machinery working on the road from newbrige road to Caragh

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Joad

This news will impact anyone with children in 4th and 5th class in primary schools that feed into the Secondary School in Naas.

Some of you may already know (and it will be publicised widely in the coming days) of the unacceptable delays by the Department of Education in moving forward with Naas Community College, the newest secondary school in Naas.

Restricted intake by Naas CC will have a massive impact on the race-for-a-place for all primary school students, no matter what school you plan to send your child to. The only families that will not be affected are those with an older child already in secondary education ensuring them a place in that particular school.

All of the schools in Naas had multiple section 29 appeals taken against them this year for failure to provide a place, and currently the number of children with no secondary school place for the coming September is in double digits!

NAAS NEEDS THIS SCHOOL URGENTLY! The school are looking for concerned parents and the wider community to get behind petitioning the Department.

Please take the time to sign. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Joad wrote: »
    This news will impact anyone with children in 4th and 5th class in primary schools that feed into the Secondary School in Naas.

Some of you may already know (and it will be publicised widely in the coming days) of the unacceptable delays by the Department of Education in moving forward with Naas Community College, the newest secondary school in Naas.

Restricted intake by Naas CC will have a massive impact on the race-for-a-place for all primary school students, no matter what school you plan to send your child to. The only families that will not be affected are those with an older child already in secondary education ensuring them a place in that particular school.

All of the schools in Naas had multiple section 29 appeals taken against them this year for failure to provide a place, and currently the number of children with no secondary school place for the coming September is in double digits!

NAAS NEEDS THIS SCHOOL URGENTLY! The school are looking for concerned parents and the wider community to get behind petitioning the Department.

Please take the time to sign. Thank you!

Alas Joad, I am in exactly the same situation in Newbridge. Daughter in 5th class & scarcity of secondary places throughout Newbridge. Yet around me there are plans for roughly 700 new houses. But no plans ( afaik) for more schools. What a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

anyone know of any good hills for sleighing down. just realised Naas like Amsterdam is a cyclists dream as its so flat.

There is a bit of an incline in Monread park, but its a bit too safe

anyone know of any good hills for sleighing down. just realised Naas like Amsterdam is a cyclists dream as its so flat.

I would have thought down by Lacken View would be good

The ultimate ride would be the hill in woodlands, that has the little lane out to the kingsfurze entrance. There's a wall at the bottom of the hill though. If I had no kids, and no work tomorrow, that'd be the best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

the moat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Niall_76

By the lake beside the old swimming pool.

Advertisement