Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

As someone who jogs around Naas, it’s definitely not like Amsterdam! Off the top of my head I can think of the Hazelmere Hill, the Hill down to the Ballymore roundabout, the hill up to the Kilcullen roundabout, and then back down towards Chadwicks. There are hills from Craddockstown Road down to the Lakes through the park and past the hospital, past the Police Station up to the Kilcullen Roundabout, down Wolftone Street, some in Sunday’s Well I think, and a few along the Millenium park road, and Caragh Road and Old Caragh Road, including bridges etc.

Obviously a lot of these are no use for Sleighing, sorry, but Naas is anything but flat. Even the Main Street is fairly hilly! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Consistent heavy snow fall in naas, if this storms comes in its going to be really bad. Haydens was wedged last night, presuming most closed today.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Consistent heavy snow fall in naas, if this storms comes in its going to be really bad. Haydens was wedged last night, presuming most closed today.

Would love to find an open one, best place to get snowed in !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Would love to find an open one, best place to get snowed in !

Cooke's in Caragh be a good spot. Bit of a trek to it, bout an hours hike from big Tesco. And you've all the excuses in the world to say you're stuck .

Hayden's are open.

• Advertisement

Yeah haydens, graces and the random Inn are open.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

beertons wrote: »
    Cooke's in Caragh be a good spot. Bit of a trek to it, bout an hours hike from big Tesco. And you've all the excuses in the world to say you're stuck .

an hour in that snow to Caragh from Tesco??? Good luck with that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Nice hills in Dunmurray golf course!

an hour in that snow to Caragh from Tesco??? Good luck with that

Aye, maybe a bit more.

Anyone heading out for pints?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Anybody jump ship from VM broadband to an alternative?, the price hikes and yearly merry-go-round is beginning to annoy me. I know SIRO is on the way but its not here yet. Just looking for a simple reliable alternative not mega speeds currently on 30Mb?

Thanks
    W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Anybody jump ship from VM broadband to an alternative?, the price hikes and yearly merry-go-round is beginning to annoy me. I know SIRO is on the way but its not here yet. Just looking for a simple reliable alternative not mega speeds currently on 30Mb?

Thanks
    W.

I’ve had vodafone fibre now for the last 2 years. It’s €50 a month because I still have a landline. The landline is not on the fibre broadband (I didn’t want it to be) because I find that the fibre broadband drops the odd time. The speed is anywhere from 10 to 60 mbps download and nearly always 5 to 8mbps upload.

It does me fine - Netflix, sky catch up, and general internet & downloading all excellent. I’m not a gamer and I don’t run a business from home. I was interested in siro, but it’s not in my area and I’m not that bothered to change anyway. Ive had no cause to complain about vodafone fibre since I got it. Previously I’d an asdl connection with Vodafone (I think that’s what it was called, asdl).

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Thanks
    W.

W

It may be better to wait a bit longer and sign up for SIRO when it goes live in your part of the town and that will not be too long either. Moving broadband provider now will commit you to a 12 or 18 month contract (depending on ISP) and may prevent you from getting SIRO. Digiweb may allow you to upgrade if you are with them but I am not sure about Vodafone. Vodafone & Digiweb are the only 2 ISP's that I know of will be offering SIRO's services.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

coffeepls wrote: »
    I’ve had vodafone fibre now for the last 2 years. It’s €50 a month because I still have a landline. The landline is not on the fibre broadband (I didn’t want it to be) because I find that the fibre broadband drops the odd time. The speed is anywhere from 10 to 60 mbps download and nearly always 5 to 8mbps upload.

It does me fine - Netflix, sky catch up, and general internet & downloading all excellent. I’m not a gamer and I don’t run a business from home. I was interested in siro, but it’s not in my area and I’m not that bothered to change anyway. Ive had no cause to complain about vodafone fibre since I got it. Previously I’d an asdl connection with Vodafone (I think that’s what it was called, asdl).

+1 Vodafone. It’s fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I guess Newsagents closed in Naas?

Was wondering the same myself. Going to take a walk soon, see if yer man in Monread is open. He got a huge deliver of wine and beer yesterday, said he couldn't keep it on the shelves.

Maxol on the Dublin Road is open although every man and their dog was there earlier!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Maxol on the Dublin Road is open although every man and their dog was there earlier!

Applegreen on the Sallins road is open.
    I think the Monread Lodge is supposed to open today. Here's hoping as it would be nice to get out of the house for a few pints.

The shop in Monread was booming. No milk or bread, every man and woman just in for wine and beer. Must have been 40 in the queue, and the man working on his own.

I started digging the snow out of the drive. A neighbour came out to help, and said we should compact the snow by driving on it. Deadly I said. Now the van is stuck. Ooops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Day Break on the mainstreet is open.

Yer man in Monread stayed in the shop areir, had a sleeping bag. Staying tonight too, to be open at 7am again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Aldi on the Monread Rd open today...few ploughs getting out and about clearing the roads, finally the roads out of the estate cleared today by a local lad in his JCB & plough attachment

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Aldi on the Monread Rd open today...few ploughs getting out and about clearing the roads, finally the roads out of the estate cleared today by a local lad in his JCB & plough attachment

He did it at midnight, so he could get out to work himself. I gave the jcb lad a few quid to scrape out a path on my road.

Feel the whole roads policy with the snow was a national disgrace. But that's for another place.

Looks like all the schools are closed tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Anyone know if the train station or Waterways car parks have been cleared?I normally travel by train from Sallins so depend on the car parks.

Failing that,are any town centre car parks open?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Anyone know if the train station or Waterways car parks have been cleared?I normally travel by train from Sallins so depend on the car parks.

Failing that,are any town centre car parks open?

There is a feeder bus from Naas to the railway station. It may be better to use this or the town link for one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

went to the johnstown inn there a couple of weeks ago for lunch - was lovely! nice staff Im sure it's kid friendly.

Saw a parking warden on the beat yesterday. A bit cheeky seen as most of the street was still covered in snow. I got a space on wolf tone street and was only a few minutes. But I'd have been raging if I got a ticket.

Traffic going out the Dublin Road in the mornings is regularly backed up into the town. Most of this is being caused by the lights just before maudlins roundabout. Yesterday it changed from red to green in 10 seconds. It seems to giving priority to cars coming from the left. Has anyone else noticed this?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

McGuirks golf are opening a custom fitting centre in Toughers. Going where furniture district are.

Currently they are awaiting planning for change to recreation use, but probably open for May/june.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Anyone know what it was like on the M7 this morning Dublin bound? Is snow still causing tailback longer than usual?

Advertisement