Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Anyone know what it was like on the M7 this morning Dublin bound? Is snow still causing tailback longer than usual?

Getting out of Naas was the problem,and very slow.Once I was on the N7 it moved quickly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

Snow not the issue just Volume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Traffic going out the Dublin Road in the mornings is regularly backed up into the town. Most of this is being caused by the lights just before maudlins roundabout. Yesterday it changed from red to green in 10 seconds. It seems to giving priority to cars coming from the left. Has anyone else noticed this?
    Maybe there is a fault - report it to the Council for a check and repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Getting out of Naas was the problem,and very slow.Once I was on the N7 it moved quickly enough.

Thanks lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Traffic going out the Dublin Road in the mornings is regularly backed up into the town. Most of this is being caused by the lights just before maudlins roundabout. Yesterday it changed from red to green in 10 seconds. It seems to giving priority to cars coming from the left. Has anyone else noticed this?

There is something very badly wrong there alright.I normally leave the house just after 7 and now run into heavy traffic turning right from Blessington Rd to the Dublin Rd.It only seems to have started this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Anyone know someone who can service a gas boiler?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

thelawman wrote: »
    Anyone know someone who can service a gas boiler?

Martin at RMI Services

Ger at Flynn Heating services.

Both have done mine, can recommend either. It's ballpark 90 quid.

Google either.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

Is there an Asian food shop in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

badker wrote: »

The only one I'm aware of is on Corban's lane behind Colm McEvoy estate agent next to SuperValu.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

badker wrote: »

It's called Hailti. Small but has decent stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Kildare bus routes awarded to British operator GoAhead:

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2018/0316/947911-bus-eireann-kildare/

Anyone know anything about the new crowd?

Edit - some more details here: [url] https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/302961/bus-eireann-loses-contracts-for-six-kildare-routes.html[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

hognef wrote: »
    Kildare bus routes awarded to British operator GoAhead:

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2018/0316/947911-bus-eireann-kildare/

Anyone know anything about the new crowd?

Edit - some more details here: [url] https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/302961/bus-eireann-loses-contracts-for-six-kildare-routes.html[/url]

Small little company with a few busses and trains dotred here and there.

Turnover of a mere €2.1billion and annual profit of about €150 million. :)

Anyone know if roads will be gritted today? Roads like an ice rink. Wifey trying to get to work

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Can anyone recommend someone who does roof repair , have a small leak that I need to get sorted.

Anyone know if roads will be gritted today? Roads like an ice rink. Wifey trying to get to work

Where's she going? I left the house at 730. Roads untouched but fine.

Anyone use Autowise in Naas Industrial Estate for car repairs? Are they good? Can you recommend any other local garages for car repairs? Sons car ended up in the ditch last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone use Autowise in Naas Industrial Estate for car repairs? Are they good? Can you recommend any other local garages for car repairs? Sons car ended up in the ditch last night.

Have used before based on a recommendation and was happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Any recommendations for paint touch up on a car ? Couple of nasty scratches I want to take care of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

I need the same done with deep scratches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

There is a fella in Salinns that poster Lex Luthor recommended to me before. Can't recall the details now and that is so long ago he may be gone by now.

Edit - Dave O'Rourke (045) 879572

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Folks

With Alo Donegan now gone from the Limerick Road is there anywhere or anyone in Naas that carries out TV HIFi repairs? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

cunnijo wrote: »
    Folks

With Alo Donegan now gone from the Limerick Road is there anywhere or anyone in Naas that carries out TV HIFi repairs? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

There is A. Donegan on the main st, they are obviously music based but they do carry stereo and electrics. They could be a good place to start anyway.

For anyone that lives in estates without management fees, how do you deal with collecting money for grass cutting and get money out of people? We are a small estate of 21 houses. We normally get 10 - 12 houses that contribute, asking €50 per year. Of the other 8 or so houses, they just won't contribute (don't ask).

Has anyone had to deal with this before, how do you approach the difficult houses and steer them to contribute? All the houses are kept up to date with finances and how many cuts we can get based on how much money is there. One thing we can't do is name and shame, it won't get anywhere and if anything it will alienate people further.

Any tips? Not looking forward to having to go through this again...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

For anyone that lives in estates without management fees, how do you deal with collecting money for grass cutting and get money out of people? We are a small estate of 21 houses. We normally get 10 - 12 houses that contribute, asking €50 per year. Of the other 8 or so houses, they just won't contribute (don't ask).

Has anyone had to deal with this before, how do you approach the difficult houses and steer them to contribute? All the houses are kept up to date with finances and how many cuts we can get based on how much money is there. One thing we can't do is name and shame, it won't get anywhere and if anything it will alienate people further.

Any tips? Not looking forward to having to go through this again...

I've no experience with this apart from contributing myself, just wondering what response did you get from the houses which would not contribute?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I collect on my road. 31 houses. Have got it up to 22 paid as of last year. Some renters don't understand. And they don't inform their landlords. Key for me is to know their first name when they answer the door, and just a brief chat about what you'd like to do in the estate for the following year. I wanted to have a bbq after a clean up, but was shot down, as it would bring out all the non payers for the food. I might go down the line of showing all the houses, the list from the previous years, of who paid and who didn't. We need to get the funds in this year, as the tree's need to be cut back, and those guys ain't cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

beertons wrote: »
    I collect on my road. 31 houses. Have got it up to 22 paid as of last year. Some renters don't understand. And they don't inform their landlords. Key for me is to know their first name when they answer the door, and just a brief chat about what you'd like to do in the estate for the following year. I wanted to have a bbq after a clean up, but was shot down, as it would bring out all the non payers for the food. I might go down the line of showing all the houses, the list from the previous years, of who paid and who didn't. We need to get the funds in this year, as the tree's need to be cut back, and those guys ain't cheap.

Hi

I used to be on our RA and we also had the same problems getting people to pay ( we also charged €50/PA ). But we never got more than ( I think ) 54% to subscribe - & that was only once, normally around 45% paid. We found that a lot of the rentees didn't even know who owned the property, as they ( the rentees ) paid to an estate agent, and trying to get information out of them is like trying to get blood out of a stone.

We wanted to go the same route You mention above ( in bold ), but were warned about issues with Data Protection'. We begrudgingly backed off on this move.

Every paid member of the association should be allowed to see the sales sheet. Like in Spain, where they stick it up on the notice boards of apartment buildings. I know we're not in Spain though. I'll play it by ear. The landlords on our road don't want to entertain the extra 50 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

The difference between a management fee written into the purchase contract and a residents assoc collecting a self imposed fee is immense.

There's simply no obligation you can put on residents, but you can make it attractive to join the association with events, neighbourhood watch, annual collection of large items - all of which apply to paid members only.

But naming / shaming is an absolute no no and a legal minefield.

You could simply have a members list and circulate that :)

CeilingFly wrote: »
    The difference between a management fee written into the purchase contract and a residents assoc collecting a self imposed fee is immense.

There's simply no obligation you can put on residents, but you can make it attractive to join the association with events, neighbourhood watch, annual collection of large items - all of which apply to paid members only.

But naming / shaming is an absolute no no and a legal minefield.

You could simply have a members list and circulate that :)

Is that you in number 8? I thought you were away with the army.

• Advertisement

I've no experience with this apart from contributing myself, just wondering what response did you get from the houses which would not contribute?

After trying 3 or 4 times, you tend to get the message that people just aren't bothered contributing.

Advertisement