Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bbnaas

Should come off the roundabout between big ball and Johnstown. Would reduce traffic on main roundabout and Dublin road. Roundabout on Dublin Rd where option 6 starts is not suitable for this volume of traffic and anyone arriving there to join Dublin rd will be delayed giving way to all town bound traffic from big ball

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Anyone got any opinions on the new inner relief road between the Dublin road and the Blessington road.

http://www.kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/PublicConsultations-Part8Schemes/RoadsandTransportation/NaasInnerReliefRoad/Naas%20Inner%20Relief%20Brochure%20D.pdf

I would have thought that the relief road should come off the initial roundabout thereby taking cars off the Dublin road which is just one lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bbnaas

Heatons in Naas closing down - closing down sale underway. Sports Direct to open in same building

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Texaco, Papa Johns, Spar and Insomnia going in beside Monread McDonald’s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bbnaas wrote: »
    Heatons in Naas closing down - closing down sale underway. Sports Direct to open in same building

No, Brands Max is taking over. (although sports Direct could be part of the amalgamation)It is essentially a rebranding of the store and the "closing down sale" is basically a clever ploy to attract consumers for the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

pad199207 wrote: »
    Texaco, Papa Johns, Spar and Insomnia going in beside Monread McDonald’s

No costa? That’s bollix

• Advertisement

Guards just closed the monread road from the tesco end. What’s the aul goss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

gas leak at Ted Johnsons

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

As if the traffic wasn't bad enough. N7 down to one lane. Back to the red cow. U was called up to Kilmainham at 2, went home via Tallaght/blessington. In the door at 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

beertons wrote: »
    As if the traffic wasn't bad enough. N7 down to one lane. Back to the red cow. U was called up to Kilmainham at 2, went home via Tallaght/blessington. In the door at 4.

Left Parkwest at 3, in Newbridge before 4.

Whenever I'm coming from that area home, I use this route.

Grange castle to peamount to Newcastle to ardclogh. Over M7 at johnston logistics, up to homestead saddlery, through to kill, onwards to Johnstown garden centre, to sallins, then via oberstown to come out at Ladytown and into Newbridge.

I can go towards Dublin, but the return trip I'm not great at it. Always seem to end up in Celbridge. Driving too fast and what not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

gas leak at Ted Johnsons

Think the guy putting in the fence around TJ's hit a gas pipe
    OUCH..!!!

beertons wrote: »

My phone automatically gives me a time on how long it will take to get home. When I see 1.5hrs I took the m50 and down the m4. Lots of traffic but not as bad as M7 sounded. I’d say Naas was traffic hell (moreso than normal)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Left Parkwest at 3, in Newbridge before 4.

Whenever I'm coming from that area home, I use this route.

Grange castle to peamount to Newcastle to ardclogh. Over M7 at johnston logistics, up to homestead saddlery, through to kill, onwards to Johnstown garden centre, to sallins, then via oberstown to come out at Ladytown and into Newbridge.

Why not stay on the same side if the Motorway? Go near Sallins, down Prosperous Road, across Digby Bridge, into Caragh and across to Newbridge

Bbnaas wrote: »

Brandsmax is a new concept by owners of Sports Direct (who own heatons)

It seems to be similar to TK maxx.

Rolling it out here first and they plan to introduce it to the UK this year too.

I'd guess most, if not all, heatons stores will be converted. The heatons product mix was very dated and the name has little value.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Brandsmax is a new concept by owners of Sports Direct (who own heatons)

It seems to be similar to TK maxx.

Rolling it out here first and they plan to introduce it to the UK this year too.

I'd guess most, if not all, heatons stores will be converted. The heatons product mix was very dated and the name has little value.

Heatons is an Irish brand isn’t it?

I actually noticed sportdirect branded water bottles in there last week. Also, they have similar clothes brands that sports direct carry on their website so I’m sure there’s some lad in god-knows-where puppeteering the whole lot

My phone automatically gives me a time on how long it will take to get home. When I see 1.5hrs I took the m50 and down the m4. Lots of traffic but not as bad as M7 sounded. I’d say Naas was traffic hell (moreso than normal)

Don't have those updates popping up on the phone. I didn't think I'd make it to Rathcoole without flipping out, would have gone out to kilteel, but blessington was fine. Turned off at the punchestown cross, and went up by the rugby club and out fishery lane. That's basically home.

Hopefully I won't have to do it again on Sunday, trying to dodge the parade. Found out earlier there's a run on the main street too.

Heatons is an Irish brand isn’t it?

I actually noticed sportdirect branded water bottles in there last week. Also, they have similar clothes brands that sports direct carry on their website so I’m sure there’s some lad in god-knows-where puppeteering the whole lot
    Up to 2 years ago it was half owned by Mike ashley (sports direct) and half by directors of heatons. Ashley then bought out the half he didn't own.

Wilsons auctions on the Dublin road gone?
    Anyone hear anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Wilsons auctions on the Dublin road gone?
    Anyone hear anything ?

That was Paul Cooke Auctions, Not to be confused with Wilson’s Auctions. And yes, Gone .

MotorMike wrote: »
    That was Paul Cooke Auctions, Not to be confused with Wilson’s Auctions. And yes, Gone .

Oops

Ripped off the tax payer too.....
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/energy-and-resources/bord-na-móna-takes-legal-action-against-auctioneer-1.3335721?mode=amp

• Advertisement

Dropped into the Brand Max / sports direct / usc store in Portlaoise today

Sports direct / usc looked well, excellent fitout but prices were high - even at a 20% off promo they were unattractive.

Upstairs was brand max - best way to describe it is like TK maxx two weeks into a closing down sale - overpriced and appalling display. Hopefully they'll improve dramatically when they open in naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Hi All,

Had anyone here bought in Stoneleigh or Bellingsfield?

Which is in the best location for access to Dublin, schools and the town itself.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Hi All,

Which is in the best location for access to Dublin, schools and the town itself.

Thanks

Neither are overly great for Dublin access (compared to other parts of town), both being the opposite side of the town from the motorway. Stonleigh will probably be better in time when the new inner relief road goes in serving that side of town. That being said, they're not bad either. If you're leaving early it's not hard to get out of town.

Both are near schools. Stonleigh has the community college, bellingsfield has Piper's Hill.

Stonleigh is probably slightly nearer town but it's a decent hike to both. Not excessive or anything though. You'd still probably get a taxi with a few pints on board. There are schools in the centre of town also. Both are a handy cycle for secondary school kids.

No clear winner in this debate. Pick the nicer house.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Neither are overly great for Dublin access (compared to other parts of town), both being the opposite side of the town from the motorway. Stonleigh will probably be better in time when the new inner relief road goes in serving that side of town. That being said, they're not bad either. If you're leaving early it's not hard to get out of town.

Both are near schools. Stonleigh has the community college, bellingsfield has Piper's Hill.

Stonleigh is probably slightly nearer town but it's a decent hike to both. Not excessive or anything though. You'd still probably get a taxi with a few pints on board. There are schools in the centre of town also. Both are a handy cycle for secondary school kids.

No clear winner in this debate. Pick the nicer house.

Cheers thanks for that. Matter of opinion on houses now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Both are Ballymore Developments so will be a hard decision as both estates are beautiful.

Thinking of getting a kitchen and dining room extension on back of house. Can anyone one recommend a builder, especially one that finishes on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hi All,

Thanks

I've have a look at most of the new houses around naas and kill and Stoneleigh is a cut above the rest imo. Very impressive houses. Stoneleigh in a better location also for the n7 access, especially so when the new relief road opens.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Thinking of getting a kitchen and dining room extension on back of house. Can anyone one recommend a builder, especially one that finishes on time.

Martin from RMI services comes up mostly on here. Iv had some building repair work done by him but nothing cosmetic. So not sure what the finishin touches are like...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Martin from RMI services comes up mostly on here. Iv had some building repair work done by him but nothing cosmetic. So not sure what the finishin touches are like...

Had bathrooms and kitchen and new boiler/heating done by him with no complaints. What you see on his site is basically what I got. Worth a quote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

BE CAREFUL

Drove on Tipper Rd both at 7am & 5pm today and there were Sheep and Lambs on the road

Advertisement