Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Table quiz in aid of the Michael Mullan Cancer Fund!
    -8th of April in Graces Pub Naas, 7-9pm.
    -Loads of amazing prizes to be won throughout the night, including a raffle!

Come and show your support for Michael Mullan who is currently receiving life saving cancer treatment in Boston.
    Updates will be posted on this page.
    -More information about Michael and his inspirational journey so far can be found @michaelmullancancerfund on Facebook!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone know where I can get a push lawnmower serviced?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Tyson Fury wrote: »

One stop hire in Naas industrial estate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

The shop on the Limerick road opposite Alo Donegans (but down the hill a bit).

God that was such an Irish direction...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

The shop on the Limerick road opposite Alo Donegans (but down the hill a bit).

God that was such an Irish direction...

That would be Flemming's but I have a suspicion that they only do the stuff they sold themselves but I could be way off the mark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Rackard

Colm Ruffley Lawn Mowers, Kilmoney direction. Mountains of spare parts too

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Newbridge Sales & Hire. They will even collect it from you and return it when done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers lads, plenty of options there.

The collection service could be handy.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I got mine done in Haven Hire before.

So we can expect some traffic disruption in main street over the next 7 weeks or so. The work involves putting ESB cables underground and replacing the street lighting.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/community-news/306787/council-works-on-main-street-in-naas-to-last-seven-weeks.html

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Could they not wait till Punchestown is over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

beertons wrote: »
    Could they not wait till Punchestown is over?

No... That would make too much common sense to the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

Has anyone else bought a house from castlefarm? what stage are they at with the buying process? contracts ect..?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

Hi am going to start a new job in Leopardstown/Sandyford area in Dublin, and am considering public transport. Seems all the routes are going to Dublin city centre as a hub. Is there a way to avoid that? Am trying best to avoid driving via N7 - M50 ... am working 9 am to 5 pm give or take 30 minutes..

Hi am going to start a new job in Leopardstown/Sandyford area in Dublin, and am considering public transport. Seems all the routes are going to Dublin city centre as a hub. Is there a way to avoid that? Am trying best to avoid driving via N7 - M50 ... am working 9 am to 5 pm give or take 30 minutes..

If using public transport there is no way of avoiding the city centre hub. However I would suggest train & Luas. Example: Leaving Sallins train station on the 6.50am to Heuston, Luas to Abbey Street. Change to cross city Luas at Malborough St at 7.40 approx. Arriving at Sandyford/Leopardstown before 8.30. Better that sitting in traffic on the M7 & M50 and potentially less stressful.
    If you decide to use this option you can use the feeder bus from Naas leaving post office at 6.30. If you use the car park then be early, as it fills very quickly.

cunnijo wrote: »
    If using public transport there is no way of avoiding the city centre hub. However I would suggest train & Luas. Example: Leaving Sallins train station on the 6.50am to Heuston, Luas to Abbey Street. Change to cross city Luas at Malborough St at 7.40 approx. Arriving at Sandyford/Leopardstown before 8.30. Better that sitting in traffic on the M7 & M50 and potentially less stressful.
    If you decide to use this option you can use the feeder bus from Naas leaving post office at 6.30. If you use the car park then be early, as it fills very quickly.

Thanks, yea, seems can't avoid the city centre ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

You could try getting a train from Sallins to Connolly in the morning/ switch to dart to Blackrock and then get Dublin Bus to Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

if you can push job till 10am start, you would miss traffic. Drive would take you about 40min via n7 and m50

sdraobs wrote: »
    if you can push job till 10am start, you would miss traffic. Drive would take you about 40min via n7 and m50

Yea, am thinking about avoid traffic the opposite way - might leave home between 6.30 to 7 am, if it can bring me to the office by 8, then can leave round 4.30 pm. Do you think it will avoid much traffic?

pad199207 wrote: »
    You could try getting a train from Sallins to Connolly in the morning/ switch to dart to Blackrock and then get Dublin Bus to Sandyford.

Yea, this might blow the time on the road to 4 hours per day ... and worse if missed the bus. Seems have to drive

• Advertisement

Yea, am thinking about avoid traffic the opposite way - might leave home between 6.30 to 7 am, if it can bring me to the office by 8, then can leave round 4.30 pm. Do you think it will avoid much traffic?

if you leave by 7am, you will be grand on the road. 7.20am seems to be when it gets busy.

coming back, 4.30pm should be the very latest you leave before traffic builds. but we are coming into school holidays soon so you will be okay till September.

drive is only solution. can you work from home at all.

if you leave by 7am, you will be grand on the road. 7.20am seems to be when it gets busy.

coming back, 4.30pm should be the very latest you leave before traffic builds. but we are coming into school holidays soon so you will be okay till September.

drive is only solution. can you work from home at all.

Yea, first 3 months work from home is not an option, but after that can have 1-2 days per week. Guess June, July, August gonna be ok, and with the M7 got widened in September and Sallins bypass done, it's gonna relieve bit traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

I thought that M7 job was going to take 2 years to finish?

It is.

Remember saw somewhere said it's this september? probably i hallucinated ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Remember saw somewhere said it's this september? probably i hallucinated ...

according to someone in Kerry group, the current section is set to be completed late this year. Whether that means all 3 lanes and the new junction will be open, isn't known.

Anyone know where the new entry/exit to the N7 will be in Naas. I thought they would use the bridge linking Sallins and Naas, but there are roadworks near Kerry Group in Millenium park. Though the latter would mean the creation of a new bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Anyone know where the new entry/exit to the N7 will be in Naas. I thought they would use the bridge linking Sallins and Naas, but there are roadworks near Kerry Group in Millenium park. Though the latter would mean the creation of a new bridge.

It's going to be a new bridge near Kerry group which will be part of a bypass road running west of Sallins.

It's going to be a new bridge near Kerry group which will be part of a bypass road running west of Sallins.

Thank you, much obliged. Although disappointed its that far away (and not at sallins-naas roundabout) so i wont be using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Its closer to the Sallins-Naas bridge than the interchange at the Big Ball, and closer to it that the current junction 10 :confused:

Advertisement