Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

beertons wrote: »
    Brown Bear is meant to be good. Too expensive for me, I've never been.

Any 0% Heineken?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Hard beat Las Radas

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Any 0% Heineken?

Tis all or nothing, don't be kidding yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

lainycool wrote: »
    Hi, I'm wondering can anyone recommend a builder for an attic conversion, We live in Aylmer Park and also would anyone have a rough idea of pricing, Just a ballpark figure obviously, We have an hip roof so we would need planning permission as far as I'm aware! Thanks in advance.

Not builder related but if you're going to convert the attic get an engineer involved. You will more than likely need steel beams particularly if you have a truss roof.

You will need a structural cert if you sell the house and a builder can't give you this. Many builders will tell you it'll all be grand, it will all be structurally sound and you might by lucky but it's not worth taking the chance.

In a previous life I dealt with a lot of these issues where builders cut the internal members out of a truss to convert an attic. It doesn't work like that and the homeowners ended up doing serious remedial works to bring up to standard. The work itself superficially looked fine but they basically ended up paying for the work twice in order to sell the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

What are people's recommendations for the top restaurant in or around Naas?

Agree that there are lots of options, but a lot of them offer different atmospheres and food, obviously. Bouchon is a good all rounder but didn’t have a great experience when I was there last (a year ago), and the same goes for trax. Cue de chateaux is somewhere similar to bouchon with a good standard and reasonable. Rustic imo is a great spot with atmosphere and staff. The food is simple and good, but not high brow if you’re looking for it. Iv heard the new Japanese place is meant to be good. Las Rada has a fun menu with tapas and a good atmosphere. Two Cooks in Sallins is closest to Michelin Star you will get, they experiment a lot so don’t expect steak and chips.

• Advertisement

Anyone have any dealings with West Country carpets?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Did my stairs last year..

Did my sitting room floor (wood) a couple of months ago. Just got them to quote me for a bedroom floor but O'Sullivans came in €70 cheaper for exact same wooden floor, so will be going with O'Sullivans this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Always find O'Sullivans very competitive and an excellent service. Used Country carpets years ago and they were fine.

What are people's recommendations for the top restaurant in or around Naas?

Great suggestions from you all. Have tried most already. Haven't been to Bouchon although been to its predecessor. Am going to book VdC as haven't been there in a year or more.

• Advertisement

Great suggestions from you all. Have tried most already. Haven't been to Bouchon although been to its predecessor. Am going to book VdC as haven't been there in a year or more.

Enjoy! Let us know how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Dentist – does anyone have good recommendation at Naas area? Just moved to Naas this month ��
    Need to do a full check and cleaning after 4 yrs of my braces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

you2008 wrote: »
    Dentist – does anyone have good recommendation at Naas area? Just moved to Naas this month ��

David Dore on the Kilcullen Rd is excellent,been going since I moved to Naas.

David Dore on the Kilcullen Rd is excellent,been going since I moved to Naas.
    many thanks

Any recommendations for someone to put down floors? (laminate and floor tiles)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Also, if I may piggy back on this, can anyone recommend someone to sand a re-varnish wooden floor in Naas please?

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Also, if I may piggy back on this, can anyone recommend someone to sand a re-varnish wooden floor in Naas please?

Look-up SandaFloor on facebook. We got them to do our hall and living room last year. Floor was wrecked. Took them 2 days (we all went away for the weekend they did it). Absolutely amazing job they did, floor looked better than new. No mess/dust left behind either.

We have only used the guys that O'Sullivans and Country Carpets put our way. Both did a very good job. Don't have contact details for them but if you are getting your floors from either of them, they will get them to contact you.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Naas Dental Clinic. Dr James Hamilton. If you're musically inclined, he looks like a posh Paul Weller. Dunno if he sings though. But he's very good.

I have a name of someone I can get from my father in law. He raves about her. Will try get it tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Anyone live near the Church/Church Court estate in Craddockstown? Is it an ok place to live in naas? I’ve only ever lived on the opposite side of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Hi, any local bus service going to and from Naas to the Curragh for the racing on Sunday please?

maximo31 wrote: »
    Hi, any local bus service going to and from Naas to the Curragh for the racing on Sunday please?

Don’t know of any direct service, but you could get the train from Sallins to newbridge. You would need to get a taxi from there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

maximo31 wrote: »

Don’t know of any direct service, but you could get the train from Sallins to newbridge. You would need to get a taxi from there

The Green Bus. Every hour. Get off at Keadeen and walk up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Actually on race days you can request it to stop at the racecourse

Can anyone recommend a company to install a house alarm?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

I know one or two of the senior guys in Phonewatch if you want to go that route. Just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

TKR alarms in Naas installed a wireless alarm in my house. Reasonably priced and pleasant to deal with.

Hi dose anyone know any GP open on saturday in Naas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Hi dose anyone know any GP open on saturday in Naas?

The Phoenix Medical Centre in Millennium Park is open Saturdays

Advertisement