Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Pop up dog park happening this Saturday in Monread from 10-4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi dose anyone know any GP open on saturday in Naas?

Sallins Medical centre opens saturday too. Beside super valu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Where would be the best pub in Naas to go watch the World Cup on Friday night? Have tried Haydens, McCormacks and Kavanaghs before and although they are good pubs would not be recommending them if you wanted to watch a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Where would be the best pub in Naas to go watch the World Cup on Friday night? Have tried Haydens, McCormacks and Kavanaghs before and although they are good pubs would not be recommending them if you wanted to watch a match.

The osprey have a projector and a upstairs area right in front on it for the best seat in the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

McGuirks golf seem to be nearly finished their fitout in Toughers (beside KBowl - former furniture shop)

Not sure if its a full store or primarily a custom fit centre.

• Advertisement

33South Main

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dolldot2

Hi just wondering if anyone living in Sallins park estate could give some advice on what it is like area safety etc/ traffic in morning? I am working in Clondalkin. Currently living in Terenure got a lovely feel for Sallins but I do believe traffic can be a nightmare. Does anyone anything know about the new road being built etc?

Any advice would be so much appreciated.

Thanks

dolldot2 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone living in Sallins park estate could give some advice on what it is like area safety etc/ traffic in morning? I am working in Clondalkin. Currently living in Terenure got a lovely feel for Sallins but I do believe traffic can be a nightmare. Does anyone anything know about the new road being built etc?

Any advice would be so much appreciated.

Thanks

You might be best going out the bodenstown road and onto the m7 that way, but try out a few options in the morning to see what works. Also you could go out by Johnstown garden road. Seems silly to try to get to monread rd if heading out from sallins park.

I don't have an exact date on the by pass but it's in progress at least. With all the construction traffic through the village at the moment, the noise is deafening. I would assume hgv traffic will be banned from the village once by pass goes in

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dolldot2

You might be best going out the bodenstown road and onto the m7 that way, but try out a few options in the morning to see what works. Also you could go out by Johnstown garden road. Seems silly to try to get to monread rd if heading out from sallins park.

I don't have an exact date on the by pass but it's in progress at least. With all the construction traffic through the village at the moment, the noise is deafening. I would assume hgv traffic will be banned from the village once by pass goes in

Thank you so much for that info. What is Sallins like in general? I have never lived there before will be a big change from living quite close to city.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

beertons wrote: »
    33South Main

Have they a big screen in there?

I have some colleagues from UK over this week and around for the semi final so looking for somewhere to watch it

I just hope they don't plan wearing their 3 Lions jerseys:eek:

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »

I have some colleagues from UK over this week and around for the semi final so looking for somewhere to watch it

They've enough TV's, you be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Sallins is just like any other community, if you get involved its easier.

Bodenstown or past the primary school will probably be the best route towards Dublin once the bypass is completed, estimated completion date is at least 2 years.

I'm close to the village end of the link road construction and dont find the noise too bad most days. Trucks start arriving at 7am, continuous truck noise and one heavy roller or something similar last Friday that was horrendous. They are finished at 6pm, no construction at the weekend. There is pile driving closer to the canal and rail track but I havent heard that recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Lex Luthor wrote: »

They have a big screen in the front bar. They don't always use it though.

They do good chicken wings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi all

any help where is the stop?

http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=358

Hi all

I'll help but no info in that link!

I'll help but no info in that link!

thanks, but what is why i am asking here :D:D:D

thanks, but what is why i am asking here :D:D:D

What stop is it? Going which way, and what time do they say it will be there at?

dolldot2 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for that info. What is Sallins like in general? I have never lived there before will be a big change from living quite close to city.

I think Sallins is great. Nice charm and good community, good facilities in Naas and surrounding areas, and great travel links links to the city. I haven't found it in any way insular as a village (although I think its officially a town by population), but like someone said, you get out of it what you put in

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hi all

Night rider will drop you off at any bus stop in naas from my experience.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Night rider will drop you off at any bus stop in naas from my experience.

many thanks - even for the free train bus STOPS?:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Is there a free train?

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

No. Only the stops on the main road into and including town centre. There is no rail feeder for the late services nor free train.

Dublin Coach run a hourly service throughout the night from the Red Cow Luas/IBIS hotel for €5.00. However the last LUAS is around midnight Mon - Sat and earlier on Sunday's/bank holidays. One catch it has designated stops in the town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

Anyone else Virgin media down?

cunnijo wrote: »
    No. Only the stops on the main road into and including town centre. There is no rail feeder for the late services nor free train.

Dublin Coach run a hourly service throughout the night from the Red Cow Luas/IBIS hotel for €5.00. However the last LUAS is around midnight Mon - Sat and earlier on Sunday's/bank holidays. One catch it has designated stops in the town

many thanks - only new to Naas - dose the Naas GAA club rd consider as main rd?

No, that's the Sallins road.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

The bus comes in the Dublin road from the ball, past the cinema and into the square.

It then goes to the top of the town, turns right and heads for newbridge.

It'll stop at any of the bus stops on that route. There are plenty of stops and I've seen the driver stop in odd places too on the late bus.

Handiest stop for the gaa is probably at the cemetery where you can walk up through ashgrove to monread avenue but the sensible person would get off at the square and get a taxi.

That's exactly what I tell the missus to do. And we're just down the bottom of maudlins road. Popular square and taxi from there. There's 2 lads on the rank that we would go to, otherwise into Clancy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I’ve often got the late bus and the driver sees I’m on my own and lets me off at my Estate rather than the nearest stop.

Most drivers on that route are sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

The st john’s lane car park (superquinn overflow) was being resurfaced today - anyone know when this is going to be operational as a car park again? I didn’t even know they were doing resurfacing till I arrived there today.

• Advertisement

The bus comes in the Dublin road from the ball, past the cinema and into the square.

It then goes to the top of the town, turns right and heads for newbridge.

It'll stop at any of the bus stops on that route. There are plenty of stops and I've seen the driver stop in odd places too on the late bus.

Handiest stop for the gaa is probably at the cemetery where you can walk up through ashgrove to monread avenue but the sensible person would get off at the square and get a taxi.

I am completely lost - but anyway. Thanks for the suggestion.

When I heard - cemetery . I think will get last train��*♂️

Advertisement