Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

In fairness that is a very comprehensive description. There are a load of stops between the big ball and the top of the town and he'll stop at any of them, or anywhere in general if he's sound. What more info could you need?!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

In fairness that is a very comprehensive description. There are a load of stops between the big ball and the top of the town and he'll stop at any of them, or anywhere in general if he's sound. What more info could you need?!

I have thanked the person who left the suggestion and decide not to take the bus. there is nothing i need anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Hi all, we are currently considering moving to Naas and just wondering what would be consider good estates? Maybe they are all relatively nice :) Unfortunately budget doesn't stretch to the new homes. Was looking at Monread Heights and Roseville. Would these be considered nice?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Hi all, we are currently considering moving to Naas and just wondering what would be consider good estates? Maybe they are all relatively nice :) Unfortunately budget doesn't stretch to the new homes. Was looking at Monread Heights and Roseville. Would these be considered nice?

Nice house's, of the 2 Roseville I'd probably go for. Smaller estate, and quicker out to the Dublin road.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

jaffa20 wrote: »

Naas has very few dodgy estates vs comparable sized towns and they wouldn't even be that dodgy.

Roseville and monread heights are fine as far as I know. I don't live on that side of town but I've never heard any complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Location, location, location. If you work/life is in Dublin, consider would you be better off in a smaller apartment/house in a less desirable area. as Beertons points out above, you want somewhere close to dublin road. But what if you could actually live in Dublin. when you are sleeping/watching tv at home does it matter how big, or what area you livein.

After a short time in Naas, im planning my return to dublin, probably Talalght. sick of having to drive on the n7 in order to go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Does anyone know if Dave O'Rourke is still doing repairs in Sallins, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

wildwillow wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Dave O'Rourke is still doing repairs in Sallins, please?

Retired I believe. Tried to use him recently and found same.
    Have since used Naas Autobody, Found the work to be good and well priced .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Thanks. Will try them. Just a little bit of paintwork missing due to my own inattention.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Tony Dawson is another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So the ESB will be cutting power to my estate due to "urgent work which needs to be carried out" tomorrow Sunday from 6am to 4pm. What an absolute load of bollix, surely it couldn't be that urgent that they couldn't wait until Monday when everyone is at work. Sunday is not a good day to be cutting off electricity for 10 hours. Don't they know that kildare are playing and kerry Monaghan? The golf is on also. Absolutely ruined my Sunday :(

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    So the ESB will be cutting power to my estate due to "urgent work which needs to be carried out" tomorrow Sunday from 6am to 4pm. What an absolute load of bollix, surely it couldn't be that urgent that they couldn't wait until Monday when everyone is at work. Sunday is not a good day to be cutting off electricity for 10 hours. Don't they know that kildare are playing and kerry Monaghan? The golf is on also. Absolutely ruined my Sunday :(
    You'll find its "up.to" and plenty of buffer time if anything goes wrong.

Chances are the work will be completed well before noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

What part of Naas is this?

BuzzFish wrote: »
    What part of Naas is this?

Dublin Road due to installing SIRO afaik

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Is your power back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

See the travellers are in Johnstown again lurking in a field.

Are they there long does anyone know?

Hate this absolute scourge.

beertons wrote: »
    Is your power back yet?

Back now

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Back now

Saved me from hoovering the sitting room before I invited you down. Grand job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

PP submitted for a Lidl on Maudlins Ave

• Advertisement

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    PP submitted for a Lidl on Maudlins Ave

Is that on the green patch on the right, or the dump like ground in front of the cold store?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

beertons wrote: »
    Is that on the green patch on the right, or the dump like ground in front of the cold store?

According to the Kildare CoCo planning site it is here:

F40yLkR.png

I presume this is what you mean by the ground in front of the cold store. The green patch has planning for 9 houses already.

Lidl is the new Costa, this would make 3 stores in the Naas area (if you include Sallins).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ryanetak

Hey there, moving to Naas shortly and just wondering what’s the best way to get to Sallins train station in the mornings? I need to be in Dublin around 9/10am. Is there a bus service from the town to train station?
    Thanks a mill!

Ryanetak wrote: »
    Hey there, moving to Naas shortly and just wondering what’s the best way to get to Sallins train station in the mornings? I need to be in Dublin around 9/10am. Is there a bus service from the town to train station?
    Thanks a mill!
    The most time efficient way is to cycle, this is what I do. There is a feeder bus to/from the post office, I have never taken it in the morning. In the evening it takes a good while, mainly due to the long queue to get out onto the Sallins Road from the Waterways complex. The bus times are shown on the train timetable.

I avoid driving to the station, parking is all taken by 7.30am and you get stuck in the aforementioned queue in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ryanetak

Cerdito wrote: »
    The most time efficient way is to cycle, this is what I do. There is a feeder bus to/from the post office, I have never taken it in the morning. In the evening it takes a good while, mainly due to the long queue to get out onto the Sallins Road from the Waterways complex. The bus times are shown on the train timetable.

I avoid driving to the station, parking is all taken by 7.30am and you get stuck in the aforementioned queue in the evenings.

Ah super thanks so much, I was planning on cycling, so good to know it is indeed the most efficient way to get there 😊 is there a lot of secure bike parking at the station or is it a gamble getting a space?

Ryanetak wrote: »

Ah super thanks so much, I was planning on cycling, so good to know it is indeed the most efficient way to get there 😊 is there a lot of secure bike parking at the station or is it a gamble getting a space?

That's plenty of space, on both sides of the station, they put in more recently in the south side.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/local-news/327643/plans-for-huge-applegreen-service-station-in-naas-set-to-be-submitted-to-kildare-county-council-again.html

Another service station with food court in Naas. With applegreen new foodcourt on the N7 near saggart, the new monread food fare, is there appetite (pun intended) for another service station and food court.

At least it will make it look a bit nicer. glancing over the left as you come into Naas ( by the big Naas ball sculpture) abandoned buildings are an eye sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If they do get it, hopefully planning permission has a condition with regard landscaping around the junction. It is a disgrace at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

sdraobs wrote: »
    https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/local-news/327643/plans-for-huge-applegreen-service-station-in-naas-set-to-be-submitted-to-kildare-county-council-again.html

Another service station with food court in Naas. With applegreen new foodcourt on the N7 near saggart, the new monread food fare, is there appetite (pun intended) for another service station and food court.

At least it will make it look a bit nicer. glancing over the left as you come into Naas ( by the big Naas ball sculpture) abandoned buildings are an eye sore.

Among the appeals lodged was one from Applegreen which queried the levies being charged by Kildare County Council. The company sought a reduction of over €600,000 in the levies bill it would have to pay.

Yikes, I don't know the ins and outs of levies at all, but what a huge amount of money. This is one of the reasons it didn't go ahead initially?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes. It is a huge development though - meant to be major offices, training centre, distribution centre etc. It's not like the levies are that high normally on a service station

Advertisement