Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

That applegreen application is for a very large headquarters complex and with their huge UK motorway purchase this week, they'll need it and it may mean a lot more than 400 jobs.

It will also get rid of the "caravan" issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

CeilingFly wrote: »

It will also get rid of the "caravan" issue

That popped into my mind too. I always thought that area near the ball would be great for a park and ride facility. Get cars off the busy motorway going towards dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

That popped into my mind too. I always thought that area near the ball would be great for a park and ride facility. Get cars off the busy motorway going towards dublin.

they redeveloped the N7 the whole way from inchicore to naas and beyond
    If only someone had the foresight to put the Luas or equivalent Down the middle all the way to naas
    park and ride both side of the N7 take your pick where lots of options

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

sdraobs wrote: »
    https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/local-news/327643/plans-for-huge-applegreen-service-station-in-naas-set-to-be-submitted-to-kildare-county-council-again.html

Another service station with food court in Naas. With applegreen new foodcourt on the N7 near saggart, the new monread food fare, is there appetite (pun intended) for another service station and food court.

At least it will make it look a bit nicer. glancing over the left as you come into Naas ( by the big Naas ball sculpture) abandoned buildings are an eye sore.

Construction work going on behind the small service station near junction 7. I assume it's an expansion as it's the first one you meet heading to town.

At least Naas will have a niche selling point as the service station capital of the country. With a bit of luck they'll throw in a Costa.

Construction work going on behind the small service station near junction 7.

That will be a massive services area when fully complete. It will include real restaurants, hotel, 16 pumps, electric recharge points, and the obligatory food court.

Joint venture between CircleK and Goffs. Planning originally granted in 2009, extended 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

With a bit of luck they'll throw in a Costa.

Might this be another Costa..?

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/327928/new-retail-park-cafe.html

"Proposals for a new cafe at Naas Retail Park have been lodged with Kildare County Council.

Targeted Investment Opportunities ICAV lodged the plans on July 27 for a new standalone café/restaurant (252sq.m) and alterations to the existing car park at Jigginstown on the Newbridge Road.

The park is already home to B&Q, Harvey Norman, Halfords, Currys and Right Price Tiles."

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

hognef wrote: »
    Might this be another Costa..?

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/327928/new-retail-park-cafe.html

"Proposals for a new cafe at Naas Retail Park have been lodged with Kildare County Council.

Targeted Investment Opportunities ICAV lodged the plans on July 27 for a new standalone café/restaurant (252sq.m) and alterations to the existing car park at Jigginstown on the Newbridge Road.

The park is already home to B&Q, Harvey Norman, Halfords, Currys and Right Price Tiles."

I’d say given the current trend it couldn’t be anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pushpen

Need to have my Accord Petrol serviced - Oil, Filter, Brake pads - usual stuff. Any recommendations around Naas with indicative prices, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Pushpen wrote: »
    Need to have my Accord Petrol serviced - Oil, Filter, Brake pads - usual stuff. Any recommendations around Naas with indicative prices, please?

Autowise are trustworthy and won’t cost the earth.
    I think the guys name is Eugene if that helps .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 cashcow

Pat fahy,he's right next to Autowise and about half the price of what they charge. nearly everyone at work goes to him too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

cashcow wrote: »

Pat fahy,he's right next to Autowise and about half the price of what they charge. nearly everyone at work goes to him too.
    Been using Pat for a few years now and couldn't recommend him highly enough. I would say he's not the cheapest but he is the best around. He will not do anything that's not required and will let you know if he spots something that needs doing to save a repeat visit.
    By way of example, I had (stupidly!) over tightened a bolt on the rear of my wifes engine a couple of years back when cleaning out the EGR and  needed a tap and die job on the block to refit. Towed the car to Pat. He told me it was an engine out job as there was no room to re-tap the block from the rear. However when I went to collect he told me the lads were able to rock the engine just enough and get the drill at it. It was an €80 job instead of a €400. I'd have never known if he'd had charged me the €400 and told me the engine had been out.
    Another time, during a service, he noticed a small crack in the downpipe of an Accord I had while it was on the ramp and left the car there while getting a replacement (for €60 or something) to save me taking it back and paying for the labour twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Gerry Doyle, beside Fruits 4 U. 100% fair & trustworthy and a sound fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pushpen

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Primrose....primrose close, primrose gardens, primrose avenue etc. Can anyone tell me why these houses are much cheaper than their neighbouring estates? Am I missing something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

lemmno wrote: »
    Primrose....primrose close, primrose gardens, primrose avenue etc. Can anyone tell me why these houses are much cheaper than their neighbouring estates? Am I missing something?!

They're not as new (mostly 10 years old or more now) and not as highly BER rated as the brand new estate next door and across the road. Primrose will be accessed VIA Castle Farm soon so that may have an impact as the estates blend together.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

BuzzFish wrote: »
    They're not as new (mostly 10 years old or more now) and not as highly BER rated as the brand new estate next door and across the road. Primrose will be accessed VIA Castle Farm soon so that may have an impact as the estates blend together.

So it’s not due to any issues as such? I’ve just noticed the last few months there’s been a few on sale from that estate and they’ve all been very ‘cheap’. Good starter homes if there’s nothing ‘wrong’ with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

lemmno wrote: »
    So it’s not due to any issues as such? I’ve just noticed the last few months there’s been a few on sale from that estate and they’ve all been very ‘cheap’. Good starter homes if there’s nothing ‘wrong’ with them.

Rented a semi-d in that estate for a year or so from new (off the developer), about 10 years ago. Had all sorts of issues, some of which were related to the actual standard of the workmanship: Drafty windows, double door scraping the kitchen floor, blocked soil pipe (multiple times, if I remember correctly - ultimately, the blockage was found to be construction waste/debris).

Had it been my own house, I would've done more to rectify the issues (that said, even as a renter, I was doing an awful lot of following up with the builder), and the end result might have been better.

There isn't necessarily anything wrong with the houses in general, but my (admittedly heavily influenced) experience gave me (rightly or wrongly) a poor impression of the estate, and, more importantly, the builder and developer. This was of course just before everything went tits up, and they didn't complete many houses after ours until a few years later. The newer houses may well be of a much better quality.

Oh, just remembered, it took ages to recover our deposit, for no good reason, following lots of excuses and unanswered phone calls. Note, the landlord was the developer. The post-2010 houses may well have been done by a different developer (I don't know), but, if not, this would be another reason for me to be suspicious.

Work going on in three units at the front of Toughers.

McGuirks golf opening next week

Former CSC gym beside it has work going on too and some sort of retail store is opening.

And down by PetStop and Yankee a car showroom is opening

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Hi I need to get a form printed, just like a proof of address thing. Does anybody know if there is somewhere in Naas town I can get this done? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Hi I need to get a form printed, just like a proof of address thing. Does anybody know if there is somewhere in Naas town I can get this done? Thanks

Monread Tesco has a printer setup beside Costa, or the library in the town,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

thelawman wrote: »
    Monread Tesco has a printer setup beside Costa, or the library in the town,

Great, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Anyone know if you can walk around Naas racecourse when the course is closed (like you can with Punchestown). I tried to yesterday but gates were closed.

Anyone see this article on the town in the leader. Not entirely sure what they were trying to achieve.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/328328/kildare-opinion-some-home-truths-about-moving-to-naas.html

Anyone know if you can walk around Naas racecourse when the course is closed (like you can with Punchestown). I tried to yesterday but gates were closed.

You can hop the field gate on the tipper road where the park run entrance is but I'm not sure if you're technically allowed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There was a spot on the Dublin road, across from where Lidl want to build.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Think it's closed during the week but you can run/walk around it Saturday morning.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Anyone see this article on the town in the leader. Not entirely sure what they were trying to achieve.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/328328/kildare-opinion-some-home-truths-about-moving-to-naas.html

Not really home truths, just a moan. A badly written moan at that. There wasn't really a conclusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The author is missing few thousands for their mortgage deposit or something...

I honestly have no idea what the purpose of this piece was.

And adding water thing from 90's into the mix was class :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Yeah, the water thing. I remember lads projectile puking all over St corbans. I didn't get sick, as my gaff got water from a different area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Can anyone recommend a plumber? Need to get a gas boiler replaced over the next few weeks! Thanks!!

Advertisement