Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ha, seems that the article has got a bashing

"Editor’s note: This article has been edited and is the subject of an editorial comment and apology in this week’s edition."

Absolute trashy and pointless piece, editor only has themselves to blame for allowing it to be printed. Obvious the person ho wrote is some young lad/girl on an internship or something. It reeks of that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

ChewChew wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a plumber? Need to get a gas boiler replaced over the next few weeks! Thanks!!

Where are you based?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

beertons wrote: »
    Where are you based?

I'm in clane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'm in clane.

My guy is Ian Jay. 0872649565.

Which reminds me, I need to ring him too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Fab, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lockster

Can anyone recommend a plumber? Need to get a gas boiler replaced over the next few weeks! Thanks!!

Also try Martin Cooney RMI Services in Naas.

Candied Walnut closed from immediate effect. Just saw it on Kildare Now.

Owners posted on Facebook saying business wasn't growing at a fast enough pace to survive. Anytime I was there it was always busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Owners posted on Facebook saying business wasn't growing at a fast enough pace to survive. Anytime I was there it was always busy.

that's the 3rd or 4th restaurant in that location that looked to be doing well from the outside and to close

something fishy :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Yeah same, nice place too. Not wildly cheap but food was nice and it was busy all be it at the weekends.

It is a very big restaurant though and it's hard to know what is happening from Monday to Thursday and I'm sure the outlay to do it up to that standard was fairly significant.

Shame really. Barry did the food at my wedding and he is a nice fella and does good food. I'm sure he'll show up somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Shame about that. I never seemed compelled to go there much though. I wonder did rustic take a lot of their crowd

Haven't they the old O Briens place, doing sambo's? I always thought it was a bit pricey. And with the kids, they were never keen on the food offered. I agreed with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Right, I had the happy smiley Vodafone siro guy call this evening promising me the sun Moon and stars to switch over.

Currently with eir for broadband and sky for tv. I like them because they generally fix any issues straight away. You basically get talking to a human of some description should a problem arise. They're not cheap though.

Anyone change to siro yet, what's it like? Does it compare to eir and sky? Assuming you get sky movies and the like does it compare with price.

Thanks fellas...

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Right, I had the happy smiley Vodafone siro guy call this evening promising me the sun Moon and stars to switch over.

Currently with eir for broadband and sky for tv. I like them because they generally fix any issues straight away. You basically get talking to a human of some description should a problem arise. They're not cheap though.

Anyone change to siro yet, what's it like? Does it compare to eir and sky? Assuming you get sky movies and the like does it compare with price.

Thanks fellas...

You gotta be carefull what you compare

I was with Eir - eFibre - but a fair distance from cabinet so sold 25mb and in reality 15mb
    I now have Vodafone Siro - "Fibre to the home"
    I went for the cheapest 150mb package

4 months in cant complain better broadband and cheaper

Decided to stay with Sky for TV as historically havent been able to beat sky anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Thinking of going Siro myself. Is the install all awkward with cables everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Siro has been good so far 4months in. Rarely is there a drop in service.

For the install they feed the cable from your esb box. Make sure to get them to carry th3 cable to where you want the router located centrrallt.they will try put it inside the wall from where esb box is (normally corner or cable end of house) to make it easy for them.

Can't comment on sky, don't have it

Thanks fellas...

Can you get upc/virgin? I'm with them,and I'll never leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

I wouldn't touch Vodafone with a 50 foot pole.

If you really wanted ftth I'd go for digiweb

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I wouldn't touch Vodafone with a 50 foot pole.

If you really wanted ftth I'd go for digiweb

AFAIK SIRO is only available through Vodafone/esb.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Can you get upc/virgin? I'm with them,and I'll never leave.

Virgin have excellent WiFi, wouldn't be far off SIRO. Unfortunately their horizon box is awful for TV.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Virgin have excellent WiFi, wouldn't be far off SIRO. Unfortunately their horizon box is awful for TV.

I mainly use a firestick for watching stuff. Bar the news or the food network.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    AFAIK SIRO is only available through Vodafone/esb.

Coming up as digiweb too for me anyway

Coming up as digiweb too for me anyway

Ah OK must have started selling it off already. I'd imagine you'd need unlimited for siro, certainly 1gb won't go far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote:
    Ah OK must have started selling it off already. I'd imagine you'd need unlimited for siro, certainly 1gb won't go far.

I believe from the small print the unlimited is really 1TB

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

I know it can vary, but on average can anyone tell me how long the 126 takes from naas into dublin city around 8am on a weekday morning.

Google maps is telling me 45 minutes. which i find incredibly quick. Is there a bus lane the whole way from red cow or something. cant see it doing it that fast. even at saggart part of n7, this seems incredible.

sdraobs wrote:
    Google maps is telling me 45 minutes. which i find incredibly quick. Is there a bus lane the whole way from red cow or something. cant see it doing it that fast. even at saggart part of n7, this seems incredible.

Google maps wouldn't be allowing for traffic it would give you more accurate results if you tested it on a Monday morning when it would show up the gridlock

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

sdraobs wrote: »
    I know it can vary, but on average can anyone tell me how long the 126 takes from naas into dublin city around 8am on a weekday morning.

I don’t know if it’s the 126, I just know it as the Dublin bus! I get it at 7.20 and in town by 8.30 on average. At 8 am you’d be struggling to get in for 9 I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Buseireann.ie can tell you when it arrives in Dublin .just check the timetable

• Advertisement

For a year I was getting the 126 from Roseville to Stephens Green. I got the 7:30 and it got in about 8:50. If you are getting it to O'Connell St, it might get in by 9:00 but probably a bit later.

Advertisement