Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Try either Brennans or Quinns.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Mccarthys in prosperous are worth a look too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Rym Shanley

aaakev wrote: »
    Mccarthys in prosperous are worth a look too

Finn McCarthy and Sons? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

I see the trees went up in front of the town hall in Naas. Anyone know when Santa will be Turning on the lights?

matchthis wrote: »
    I see the trees went up in front of the town hall in Naas. Anyone know when Santa will be Turning on the lights?

OMG, we are late Nov and Santa hasn't arrived yet in Naas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

matchthis wrote: »

Next Saturday 28th at 4.30 build up to it starts from 2 with the elves out and about on the streets.

Is the Five Lamps a gastropub serving high quality food and a wide range of craft beers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is the Five Lamps a gastropub serving high quality food and a wide range of craft beers?

Say that again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Sounds like a Harvey Norman advert

pad199207 wrote: »
    Say that again?

I was there a few years ago. Summer. There was an edge in the place. Smokers brought the pints / bottles outside and smashed them on the footpath when they finished drinking them. And then went back inside.

Was wondering if it had changed.

• Advertisement

I've never known the lamps to do food. Sounds about right with the bottles though.

I remember one of them was wearing a Celtic top with SANDS 81 on the back.

I remember one of them was wearing a Celtic top with SANDS 81 on the back.

It's my favourite shirt, what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 The Helpful Engineer

I just found out that Xtra Vision on the Sallins Road will be closing at the end of January. They have recently taken on part time staff who will be let go along with with everyone else.

I am disappointed as I have been going there for years and love to browse the shelves. I even remember going to it when they on Poplar Square. Recently it always seemed busy to me so I am surprised it's closing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Is the one on Sallins road definitely closing? I know they are closing 28 stores but hadn't seen a list of which ones they are.

But with the tesco/hmv partnership it's a strong possibility I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 The Helpful Engineer

Is the one on Sallins road definitely closing? I know they are closing 28 stores but hadn't seen a list of which ones they are.

But with the tesco/hmv partnership it's a strong possibility I'd imagine.

Yes. The staff said that they were told on Friday that the Naas shop is closing.

aaakev wrote: »
    It's my favourite shirt, what's the problem?

I'll see your SANDS 81 and raise it to an OMAGH 98.

Any word on free parking in the town for December yet? Was down at the Christmas market in the town hall earlier, was nice. A bit much on in the little room though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

beertons wrote: »
    Any word on free parking in the town for December yet?.

"Kildare County Council have announced that this Christmas any of their car parks as well as parking along the main street will carry no charge for motorists and shoppers from December 18th until January 4th."
    https://www.thebestof.ie/local/naas/community-hub/blog/view/free-parking-this-christmas-in-naas

Although Anthony Lawlor gives the dates as 19th Decenber until 3rd .January
    http://anthonylawlor.ie/2015/12/03/christmas-2015-in-naas-useful-information/

That's it? Tralee have it from last monday till Jan 4th, from 1pm on. Kildare CoCo are a bit of a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

That's it? Tralee have it from last monday till Jan 4th, from 1pm on. Kildare CoCo are a bit of a joke.

It can be hard enough to get street parking in Naas at times.

I think that a week before Christmas is long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Must have been some flooding off the millenium park road over the weekend. I see the temporary residents up the lidl end have moved across the other side of the roundabout.

There's a new fishmongers going into the unit beside the vacant dry cleaners at Tesco extra. Fitting out the shop this morning.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

There's a new fishmongers going into the unit beside the vacant dry cleaners at Tesco extra. Fitting out the shop this morning.

Thank god!! I've been in desperate need of a decent fish monger! The fish counter in tesco is grand but you know yourself!

Well there's one beside Abbey travel, in behind ashgrove car parts, but it can be annoying to get parking.

Anyone know if the Liffey has burst its banks at Sallins? Saw it on Twitter earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Anything festive going on in Naas tomorrow? Coca Cola truck was nice to see in tesco today but an hour long wait with 2 babies just to stand beside it and take a few snaps wasn't happening...

We went for a look too, 5 minutes was enough then we went into the new McDonald's for food

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

There's worse places to try to get to - grand little shop and good value. Having a new one open in the Monread Centre will probably spell the death knell for this place so that'll be another local shop gone from Naas town centre.

The Tesco "ring doughnut" effect continues apace and still I hear people lament how the town has gone downhill - when I ask them where they shop, I usually get "Tesco" or "Lidl" responses but the irony of their response seems lost on them !

Have to say I hate the Monread Centre and how it's hoovering up all other business - I still try to give custom each week to the bakery, butchers, fruit & veg, fishmongers and newsagents in the town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

So Jolly is closed on Sunday's? Noticed again today. Was nice for a Sunday morning treat

Advertisement