Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Walking around the bypass the other evening and the traffic lights were turned on at Elsmore. Looks like the new link road from bypass to the council office/Osprey is almost ready to go. Amazing how fast Elsmore & Castlefarm are being built. Naas is certainly growing!

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Back home after a week away, and the mains water pressure is suddenly very low. Anybody else experiencing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ideb

hognef wrote: »
    Back home after a week away, and the mains water pressure is suddenly very low. Anybody else experiencing the same?

I noticed today that the pressure seems lower that it has been right through the month. They were supposed to just lower it at night. Maybe someone forgot to increase it again. :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Wasn't the a mains leak reported in the past few days. Reports of brown water coming out of a few taps.

Something on facebook about it now, Naas ball, Kildare now, or one of the others. Tipper road area.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

beertons wrote: »
    Wasn't the a mains leak reported in the past few days. Reports of brown water coming out of a few taps.

Something on facebook about it now, Naas ball, Kildare now, or one of the others. Tipper road area.

I'm on the other side of town (Newbridge Rd). Haven't seen reports of anything here. It's improved again now anyway - time will tell if it's permanent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

I see (from the Naas neighbourhood greenway facebook page) that the new link from Osprey to the Southern Bypass is opening today. Big changes on that side of town with the houses from Elsmore now visible from the bypass and Castlefarm progressing well.
    Someone would do well to sick a local centra or the likes over that part of town with all the new houses going in. No deli etc in Aldi!

459970.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

BuzzFish wrote: »
    I see (from the Naas neighbourhood greenway facebook page) that the new link from Osprey to the Southern Bypass is opening today. Big changes on that side of town with the houses from Elsmore now visible from the bypass and Castlefarm progressing well.
    Someone would do well to sick a local centra or the likes over that part of town with all the new houses going in. No deli etc in Aldi!

459970.jpg

The new link Road is tiny. Very narrow. The roundabout they have stuck in the middle of it is extremely small. I wonder will it have a HGV Ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Someone would do well to sick a local centra or the likes over that part of town with all the new houses going in.

Don't you mean a Costa? :)

Lads, looking to get some metalwork done. Does anyone know a good fabricator?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Alan Donaghue Fabrication in Newbridge .
    Very tidy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 OreoNen

Hi all, I'm looking for any recommendations for childminders/nannies in the sallins area. Any and all recommendations are most welcome!

It's a bit out, but I've gone to a guy right in front of the Naas road at Allen cross. Noel Fitzgerald. Pm me if you want his number.

Has anyone ever held a kids Birthday party in Caragh Farm?

Has anyone ever held a kids Birthday party in Caragh Farm?

Will find out off missus longlegs

It's a bit out, but I've gone to a guy right in front of the Naas road at Allen cross. Noel Fitzgerald. Pm me if you want his number.

Thanks for that, will pm you

MotorMike wrote: »
    Alan Donaghue Fabrication in Newbridge .
    Very tidy

Thanks motor mike

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Hey all, anyone have a recommendation for a good personal trainer in Naas? And how much do they charge?

johnsob27 wrote: »
    Hey all, anyone have a recommendation for a good personal trainer in Naas? And how much do they charge?

Niall munnelly, Performance and Fitness Academy in Toghers come highlu recommended from bro in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,992 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Who are the bin providers around naas and who do you recommend?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Who are the bin providers around naas and who do you recommend?

Aes have been fine for us. I think we pay €24 a month for green,blue and brown bin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Anyone bought in Stoneleigh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I think aes are the only ones with a glass collection also?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I think aes are the only ones with a glass collection also?

They do, but it is a tiny basket.

Ended up getting rid of my glass meself.

If you don't use much it can suit.

I could fill that glass bin in a night!

Use AES myself, from back when they had lads go door to door. Do the job just fine.

simons104 wrote: »
    Anyone bought in Stoneleigh?

Yes, very nice houses.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

wonski wrote: »
    They do, but it is a tiny basket.

Ended up getting rid of my glass meself.

If you don't use much it can suit.

Tiny basket? We are with AES and have a wheely bin the size of the brown bin for glass. Some months its not enough but we aren't big wine drinkers so suits us

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Tiny basket? We are with AES and have a wheely bin the size of the brown bin for glass. Some months its not enough but we aren't big wine drinkers so suits us

I have a very, very small bin. Bucket size. Maybe they changed them lately. I signed up years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭anewme

wonski wrote: »
    I have a very, very small bin. Bucket size. Maybe they changed them lately. I signed up years ago.

I had a small blue bucket, but they don't collect them in our area any more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Same here in Newbridge.

Maybe give them a call and enquire about it

• Advertisement

Aes have been fine for us. I think we pay €24 a month for green,blue and brown bin

Cheers, I'm going to go with Thornton's recycling as they're the cheapest.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement