Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Aes have been fine for us. I think we pay €24 a month for green,blue and brown bin

Cheers, I'm going to go with Thornton's recycling as they're the cheapest.

I use AES pay by weight and here are the charges for the last year. 2 of us in the house...
    460350.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

beertons wrote: »
    Has anyone ever held a kids Birthday party in Caragh Farm?

Really good
    Kids are free to roam - you bring your own food
    I think it’s only €4 a head
    My kids loved it
    Shame my daughters birthday is in January

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

foodaholic wrote: »
    Really good
    Kids are free to roam - you bring your own food
    I think it’s only €4 a head
    My kids loved it
    Shame my daughters birthday is in January

I've been shot down for K bowl. Party is next week, and the weather is usually good. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I removed a fireplace and surround. I need a plasterer to make good. Any thoughts on someone for this? Rmi services are a 2 month wait

I removed a fireplace and surround. I need a plasterer to make good. Any thoughts on someone for this? Rmi services are a 2 month wait

I have a lad for that too. Just send me your number paddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

johnsob27 wrote: »
    Hey all, anyone have a recommendation for a good personal trainer in Naas? And how much do they charge?

You will most likely pay about 50eur per hour session and that will most likely include nutritional advice, homework to do etc.. if you book more sessions you'll get it for less.

Mariusz at No1 fitness in kilcullen is worth a shout. Triathlon personal training is his specialty but he has a million other ways to kill you too.

Folks, I need to get some topsoil to cover about 20m x 3m area and reseed it. Not sure how much I'd need in tonnage but can anyone recommend somewhere local that will deliver?

Duplicate post

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Naas Patio Centre deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mazcon

wonski wrote: »
    I have a very, very small bin. Bucket size. Maybe they changed them lately. I signed up years ago.
    Contact them. I was the same, signed up years ago and had the small basket. I noticed my neighbours had a wheelie bin for glass and rang aes to enquire. They had a.bin out to me the next day.

• Advertisement

BuzzFish wrote: »
    Folks, I need to get some topsoil to cover about 20m x 3m area and reseed it. Not sure how much I'd need in tonnage but can anyone recommend somewhere local that will deliver?

Apparently you gotta be careful of Japanese knotweed when buying topsoil.
    Seems to be a good few patches of it popping up around Naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hey all, anyone have a recommendation for a good personal trainer in Naas? And how much do they charge?

https://physiotherapyworks.ie/gym/

Apparently you gotta be careful of Japanese knotweed when buying topsoil.
    Seems to be a good few patches of it popping up around Naas.

Iv heard from a landscaper that Naas Paving screen all their soil....whatever that means :)

Anyone buy tickets for the wild food trail on this weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

Iv heard from a landscaper that Naas Paving screen all their soil....whatever that means :)

Do you know a good landscaper in Naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Run it through a metal screen basically. Won't stop small seeds but a knotweed rhizome shouldn't get through.

We've put probably 7-8t of topsoil and compost (its from Enrich in Kilcock - went for the clippings based one) bought from them in to the garden and I've not noticed anything to indicate weed seeds and definitely no knotweed. But its not the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

check out the lads in the performance and fitness academy in Toughers, they do individual and small group PT sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Do you know a good landscaper in Naas?

Paul Dunne landscaping in kilmeague is worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

Hi,

Would anyone know of a lawnmower maintenance person who would come out to service lawnmowers at the house?

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Hi,

Would anyone know of a lawnmower maintenance person who would come out to service lawnmowers at the house?

Thanks for your help.

If its a ride-on, you are better off getting it collected and dropped back

Colm Ruffley offers this service
    https://lawnmowersireland.com/

Far cheaper than having a mechanic drive to you and drive back as you'll be charged callout fee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

culture night 21/22 sept - i just noticed there are presently loads free moat tickets for the play on that night. free as in there is a 1 euro booking charge. go onto the moat website.

id book them myself but not 100% id go so would feel bad for anyone else who wants to go, or for the actors playing to a half empty house. So i suggest make sure you will defo go before booking them.

im not affiliated, just wanted to share will fellow naas people.

Anyone else's mobile phone calls down?

Or have I just not paid my bill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Anyone else's mobile phone calls down?

Or have I just not paid my bill...

Eir network is down,

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭hero001

Cerdito wrote: »

Interesting that they say that this development is premature pending final route selection for the Inner Relief road. Back in June they advised AIB at the other end of the same route option for this road that he final decision was some time away and that their development could proceed. 3 months is not a very long time in planning terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Lads.... can anyone recommend a reliable and certified electrician in Naas (or surrounding area). I have a few jobs around the house that need doing.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good family doctor that mainly deals with children here in Naas? We have recently moved down and looking to change doctor.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Lockster

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good family doctor that mainly deals with children here in Naas? We have recently moved down and looking to change doctor.
    Thanks

Dr Gerard Fay, on Friary Road.

Lads.... can anyone recommend a reliable and certified electrician in Naas (or surrounding area). I have a few jobs around the house that need doing.

Thanks

Geoghegan Electrical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Anyone know what the deal is with the 2 tarmacadam tennis courts in johnstown. Do they belong to the residents or the parish or the council?

Advertisement