Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Ripped out the fireplace and got a wood burning stove. Now looking to get it installed.

Anybody kno2 anyone decent who can recommend the best way to go about it and potentially install? I don't want to be sold a load of unnecessary parts. Cheers

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ripped out the fireplace and got a wood burning stove. Now looking to get it installed.

Anybody kno2 anyone decent who can recommend the best way to go about it and potentially install? I don't want to be sold a load of unnecessary parts. Cheers

Keith o brien.
    087 2467364

beertons wrote: »
    Keith o brien.
    087 2467364

Thanks beertons!

Lads.... can anyone recommend a reliable and certified electrician in Naas (or surrounding area). I have a few jobs around the house that need doing.

Thanks

Akv electrical. Liam is very reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Great, another wood stove burning. From diesel cars to the fog caused by these stoves. I love walking out coughing to this cr@p.
    Hopefully governement will ban these in the budget. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/extreme-air-pollution-in-ireland-caused-by-burning-of-solid-fuel-1.3262456

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Great, another wood stove burning. From diesel cars to the fog caused by these stoves. I love walking out coughing to this cr@p.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/extreme-air-pollution-in-ireland-caused-by-burning-of-solid-fuel-1.3262456

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

sdraobs wrote: »

I presume you have a nuclear reactor in your back garden to power your clinical but eco friendly house and the charger for your electric car.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hi there I'm looking to get some doors painted in my house and maybe my bedroom, Can anyone recommend a reliable painter in the area?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Anyone know the story with all the roadside cameras after popping up in Naas? Seen one in the kilcullen road coming out of the town and another couple by Storm

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Anyone know the story with all the roadside cameras after popping up I. Naas? Seen one in the kilcullen road coming out of the town and another couple by Storm

Traffic volume monitoring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

lainycool wrote: »
    Hi there I'm looking to get some doors painted in my house and maybe my bedroom, Can anyone recommend a reliable painter in the area?

Thanks in advance

Zibby
    *087 069 3972‬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

lainycool wrote: »

Thanks in advance

Zibby
    *087 069 3972‬

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ClaireSh

We will be moving to Bellingsfield, NAAS in October. Me and my husband will be using Sallins train to get to Dublin city centre for work before 9am. How quickly does the parking fill up in the morning? 

We have to drop kids to creche at 7:30 so the earliest we can be at the train station is 7:45 and will be aiming for 7:53 train. If the car parking fills up when we arrive at the train station are there other options?

I appreciate any insights people can offer :)

We will be moving to Bellingsfield, NAAS in October. Me and my husband will be using Sallins train to get to Dublin city centre for work before 9am. How quickly does the parking fill up in the morning? 

We have to drop kids to creche at 7:30 so the earliest we can be at the train station is 7:45 and will be aiming for 7:53 train. If the car parking fills up when we arrive at the train station are there other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Hi, could any recommend an engineer in Naas for a pre-purchase survey? Currently sale agreed on a house. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

ClaireSh wrote: »

From what I've heard you'll really struggle to get a space at 7.45. But "soon" this is happening. https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/336923/270-new-car-park-spaces-for-sallins-rail-station.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

skD13 wrote: »
    From what I've heard you'll really struggle to get a space at 7.45. But "soon" this is happening. https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/336923/270-new-car-park-spaces-for-sallins-rail-station.html

"Soon"....... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Exactly. Hence the quotes!

Is all that beeping coming from the gaa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

beertons wrote: »
    Is all that beeping coming from the gaa?

About 50 trucks driving down the Sallins Road, no idea what it’s for,

• Advertisement

thelawman wrote: »
    About 50 trucks driving down the Sallins Road, no idea what it’s for,

Charity truck run from Moorefield, a loop around, and back to Moorefield. Saw it there on fb.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

The planning application has not yet been submitted for the work.

The job will cost about €2m. And the work will be done over 9-12 months.

It’s expected to open before the end of June 2020.

:eek:

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Hi, could any recommend an engineer in Naas for a pre-purchase survey? Currently sale agreed on a house. Thanks

https://www.kelleherassociates.ie
    Patrick Kelleher

skD13 wrote: »
    ClaireSh wrote: »

Thank you all for the information. Delighted to know they will be extending the parking space. Hopefully we'll find another solution for the next two years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭k99_64

Anyone know Tommy Fletchers opening and closing times? O_O

(and days)

Seen this over in the thread about the N7 upgrade ,
    some footage from Naas in 1983.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2013/1001/477647-irelands-first-motorway-1983/

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Anyone know why there are a slew of camper vans and caravans on the Naas Racecourse grounds ? Was up there this morning for the park run and was surprised to see what effectively looks like a "trailer park" operating there ?

Is this some novel approach to tackling the homelessness crisis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

jrar wrote: »
    Anyone know why there are a slew of camper vans and caravans on the Naas Racecourse grounds ? Was up there this morning for the park run and was surprised to see what effectively looks like a "trailer park" operating there ?

Is this some novel approach to tackling the homelessness crisis ?

Think i know what this is. From time to time they have a sort of a camper van club that gathers there. They're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Anyone recommend any good playschool/creche in the area looking to send our 2 year old son for about 2-3 hours a week, just for the one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Does anyone know a good alteration service/seamstress for men's clothes in Naas or nearby? Tried the Zip Yard in Newbridge a few years ago and they destroyed 2 pairs of trousers so not going there again.
    I've seen mentions of Stella's alterations just doing search but thought I'd ask first

Advertisement