Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

regedit wrote: »
    Does anyone know a good alteration service/seamstress for men's clothes in Naas or nearby? Tried the Zip Yard in Newbridge a few years ago and they destroyed 2 pairs of trousers so not going there again.
    I've seen mentions of Stella's alterations just doing search but thought I'd ask first

Place over kbc bank, can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Seen this over in the thread about the N7 upgrade ,
    some footage from Naas in 1983.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2013/1001/477647-irelands-first-motorway-1983/

I bet KCC are regretting dropping that Toll charge now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

beertons wrote: »
    Place over kbc bank, can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Classic tailoring, John's Lane, Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

regedit wrote: »
    Does anyone know a good alteration service/seamstress for men's clothes in Naas or nearby? Tried the Zip Yard in Newbridge a few years ago and they destroyed 2 pairs of trousers so not going there again.
    I've seen mentions of Stella's alterations just doing search but thought I'd ask first

Express tailors at the back of jam music on the main street. They did some work to 2 pairs of trousers a while ago and were spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭regedit

Thanks for the alterations responses guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Is there any walking groups in Naas? My wife is looking for one to join but struggling to find one .

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Anyone know what's going on behind the apartments on the Ballymore Eustace roundabout/Punchestown road. They are hardly getting rid of that sharp and narrow bend etc? Can't find any info anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

scwazrh wrote: »
    Is there any walking groups in Naas? My wife is looking for one to join but struggling to find one .

Try meetup.ie there used to a group that met at the church and went walking from there, they might still be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

scwazrh wrote: »

Parkrun Saturday mornings in the racecourse?
    Not everyone is there for the run. Lots of walkers

Have to replace a wheelbarrow tyre, any ideas where I'd get it done? Am I best off buying a new wheel from ted Johnson's?

• Advertisement

Have to replace a wheelbarrow tyre, any ideas where I'd get it done? Am I best off buying a new wheel from ted Johnson's?

Johnson's

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi Dose anyone have recommended electrician at Naas?

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi Dose anyone have recommended electrician at Naas?

Liam from ardkill electrical. He did some work recently, nice fella

Pm me if you want his number

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Looking for a chimney cleaner if anyone can recommend?

ChewChew wrote: »

Keith o Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

ChewChew wrote: »

Apex cleaning - Tadgh is his name, really sound fella, have used him for years 045-898139 or 087-2324233.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭chancer007

Hi,
    Having an issue with dampness in wall under bedroom window. I think condensation is running from (wooden) window & seeping into wall near skirting board. Window probably needs to be re-sealed at the joint. There is an air-vent in room. Anyone know anyone that could take a look?
    Thanks alot

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Hey folks, want to get a TV Ariel (for saorview) installed on the house - anyone know any installers locally?

Hey folks, want to get a TV Ariel (for saorview) installed on the house - anyone know any installers locally?

I used billy a few years ago. I assume he's still doing it +353868680053

I used billy a few years ago. I assume he's still doing it +353868680053

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Hi there, looking to start a circuit training class in or around naas 1-2 nights/week. Not a member anywhere. Suggestions welcome! . Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Does anyone have recommendations for a decent alarm company? Will be moving to Finlay Park shortly. Any tips appreciated in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Does anyone have recommendations for a decent alarm company? Will be moving to Finlay Park shortly. Any tips appreciated in advance.

I went with TKR. They're local. Professional service, I'd recommend them.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Tritto

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Hi guys looking to get my 50" TV wall mounted.
    Can anyone recommend someone reliable to do it?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

luppy wrote: »
    Hi there, looking to start a circuit training class in or around naas 1-2 nights/week. Not a member anywhere. Suggestions welcome! . Thanks!

Body Works

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

Does anyone know if there is a feeder bus service any more from Sallins train station to Naas? The times are listed on the latest timetable which was only updated in September -

http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

But the last few times I took the 16:40 train from Hueston, there was no bus. I contacted Irish Rail who referred me to the Transport Authority who sent me back to Irish Rail...

Anyone know what's going on? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

cjlawlor wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a feeder bus service any more from Sallins train station to Naas? The times are listed on the latest timetable which was only updated in September -

http://www.irishrail.ie/media/16_dublin-portlaoise_valind_from_20112016.pdf

But the last few times I took the 16:40 train from Hueston, there was no bus. I contacted Irish Rail who referred me to the Transport Authority who sent me back to Irish Rail...

Anyone know what's going on? Thanks!

The bus still runs each day as normal, it parks outside the station near the bridge now due to traffic, sometimes it might be a minute or two late, but there will always be people waiting for it, I get the 16:40 most days and its there, see location link below,

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.2459409,-6.665694,3a,60y,117.22h,88.45t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sfuvPCZxz-QS_IjNyyshJ8A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Advertisement

The Lamps closed since November 1st. Never saw that coming. Disagreement with the landlord, and something about the inbuilt shopping center. He has another place in Newbridge, so is kept going. His staff however...

Advertisement