Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RibRidge

Anyone know of any baby groups in Naas? Loads of posts from a few years ago around but none recent that I can find. Preferably around ballycane area, but interested in any that are going!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

RibRidge wrote: »
    Anyone know of any baby groups in Naas? Loads of posts from a few years ago around but none recent that I can find. Preferably around ballycane area, but interested in any that are going!

If your public health nurse won't point you in the right direction, try the parish office or the notice boards in the super markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Joeys is a small play centre above meadows and byrne. You would have a lot of parents there and the staff (tanya) should have a good knowledge about group that might meet there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Can anyone recommend someone to install a shower door? Based between naas and sallins

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

No more 126N:

JOE.ie: Bus Éireann cancel Nightrider Service from Dublin to Kildare.
    https://www.joe.ie/news/648641-648641

Not a service that I've personally used much, but the few times I have, it has always been busy. Seems like a strange move to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

hognef wrote: »
    No more 126N:

Not a service that I've personally used much, but the few times I have, it has always been busy. Seems like a strange move to me.

They could at least have waited until after Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Very disappointing to hear that, hopefully something will replace it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

They could at least have waited until after Christmas :(

Oh balls, was only telling someone yesterday that's how I'll be getting home form a night out in town. Annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

hognef wrote: »
    No more 126N:

I wonder is this because B.E. has lost the contract for the 126 during the day and no-one realised that by losing this they'd lost the night service too?

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2018/0316/947911-bus-eireann-kildare/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

theres baby & toddler groups in a room just above the GP in the Monread centre

Go past the doctors surgery around to the left, in the door and up the stairs

I don't use it (those days are long gone) but use the physio across hall and its always busy

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone to install a shower door? Based between naas and sallins

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

the cynic in me thinks that they dont intend to close the night bus service. Its just a way of getting free publicity for the route especially coming up to Xmas party season. My friend said he never heard about the route till the news and said he now expects to use it for his xmas party.

sdraobs wrote: »
    the cynic in me thinks that they dont intend to close the night bus service. Its just a way of getting free publicity for the route especially coming up to Xmas party season. My friend said he never heard about the route till the news and said he now expects to use it for his xmas party.

Bus Eireann lost the tender for the 126 so it's definitely going, hopefully the new crowd will continue it on.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Bus Eireann lost the tender for the 126 so it's definitely going, hopefully the new crowd will continue it on.

Did Bus Eireann lose the contract for 126, or both 126 & 126N(night service)?

If its for both services, then maybe the new UK provider is obliged to take over the night service. If Bus Eireann only lost the 126 service, then i dont see the connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The new 126 contract includes services at the exact same times as the 126N, except these will be subsidised and allow free travel, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi

Is there an arg-merchant anywhere around Naas? Must be aren't we surrounded by farmers ðŸ˜

Hi

Is there an arg-merchant anywhere around Naas? Must be aren't we surrounded by farmers ðŸ˜

Quinn's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

beertons wrote: »
    The new drive thru is open.

What new drive thru ?

What new drive thru ?

When did you quote this from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

When did you quote this from?

From 2015

From 2015

Hello, is it me you're looking for........

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

Hello, is it me you're looking for........

I can see it in your eyes.....

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Jolly has now permanently closed. They recently changed opening hours and I was in there only last weekend for brunch and it was packed. Hope all the staff get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

rosiem wrote: »
    Jolly has now permanently closed. They recently changed opening hours and I was in there only last weekend for brunch and it was packed. Hope all the staff get sorted.

I just heard this - that’s terrible - I really liked this place. Someone said they’d recently celebrated 6 years business. I hope it wasn’t some lease renewal that was the downfall. Really sorry to see this gone. Thinking of the staff too. What a time of year for this to happen to them.

Thats shocking. It was a great place. Though i never went as hassle with traffic and finding parking. id go to the new Monread petrol station or the Monread pub instead.

Maybe its about time they pedestrianised the main street in Naas. I was in Waterford city recently, which is pedestrianised during the day and thought how much nicer Naas would be if it was the same. I know there are load of counter arguments, parking and think that is a separate discussion anyway.

6 months - I give the new Dunnes Stores 6 months before it closes cause people dont want the hassle of driving into naas centre.

There was never a problem with business and parking till the put up that shopping center. They were really nice in Jolly. Even paying the kids a small fee if they brought in blackberries. Sure the kids would spend it straight away in there on a drink or a pastry.

There was never a problem with business and parking till the put up that shopping center. They were really nice in Jolly. Even paying the kids a small fee if they brought in blackberries. Sure the kids would spend it straight away in there on a drink or a pastry.

i dont think its the shopping centres fault. 10 years ago there were far fewer cars on the road. think this is a problem throughout the country driving into towns. we have moved shopping centres to satelite areas outside towns. only a matter of time before restaurants move there too.

any update on this new ring road around naas racecourse? that might take some traffic away nad make i easier to drive to places like Jolly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

While the rubbish upstairs continues to trade I suppose...:mad::(

• Advertisement

Amazed this is gone, was only in there a few weeks ago and it was busy. As it was every other time I was there.

Advertisement