Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

coffeepls wrote: »
    This being the last weekend for posting before Christmas, I went to Naas post office to buy a load of stamps.... but they close at 1pm on Saturdays! I mean in all honesty, an post can be such a joke.

You can buy stamps in some of the shops like centra.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

You can buy stamps in some of the shops like centra.

I know that, I got them in barker & jones, but I’m just saying, that if there is one time of the year, even just one weekend, where the state subsidised body that is ‘an post’ could help promoting footfall in Naas, wouldn’t you think they wouldn’t shy off and stick to closing at 1pm on a Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

I know that, I got them in barker & jones, but I’m just saying, that if there is one time of the year, even just one weekend, where the state subsidised body that is ‘an post’ could help promoting footfall in Naas, wouldn’t you think they wouldn’t shy off and stick to closing at 1pm on a Saturday.

I don't think they got a subsidy this year.

Also, there's a machine on the wall outside that dispenses stamps and as you found out, stamps are widely available in other stores.

And in fairness, all the delivery and sorting staff are on 7 day rosters since mid November, so if you posted today, it was collected and probably in the sorting system already.

I think that's superb considering the history an post have had with unions.

Maybe instead of complaining, say fair play.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

There's stamp vending machines outside the PO. Takes coins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I think that any business that can encourage footfall in Naas being closed at 1pm on the Saturday a week and a couple of days before Christmas is sad. Naas was very quiet today. This is about Naas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

I think that any business that can encourage footfall in Naas being closed at 1pm on the Saturday a week and a couple of days before Christmas is sad. Naas was very quiet today. This is about Naas.

Weather today was appalling for open air shopping. Even Kildare village was rather quiet considering its two weekends before Christmas.

Post office does not draw a shopping crowd. Dry weather does.

Also it's 10 days to Christmas so I wouldn't be getting too worried yet, your 1 euro stamp will ensure next day delivery to most of Ireland.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Butterstream motors around the clane area? cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

hi all, just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with Butterstream motors around the clane area? cheers.

Hi, we bought my wife's car there. Found them very good to deal with - most of the cars are Japanese hybrid imports so while they're great value and extremely reliable, the indicator might be on the wrong side and it's unlikely the radio will work properly. They sell all the cars with a year's guarantee too (and the car will normally have a new NCT before they sell it)

Hi, we bought my wife's car there. Found them very good to deal with - most of the cars are Japanese hybrid imports so while they're great value and extremely reliable, the indicator might be on the wrong side and it's unlikely the radio will work properly. They sell all the cars with a year's guarantee too (and the car will normally have a new NCT before they sell it)

Thanks for the info. That's very different to the terrible experience I had with them.

I test drove a car which I was told was perfect upon arrival. I was wondering why he had the engine running when he presented the car to me. Then it broke down during the test drive. I rang him and he claimed it was the battery (so he knew of the problem and didnt advise when I asked).

I had to leave the car broken down at the side of the road.

Seemed like a bit of a dodgy dealer in general. I bought elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Thanks for the info. That's very different to the terrible experience I had with them.

I test drove a car which I was told was perfect upon arrival. I was wondering why he had the engine running when he presented the car to me. Then it broke down during the test drive. I rang him and he claimed it was the battery (so he knew of the problem and didnt advise when I asked).

I had to leave the car broken down at the side of the road.

Seemed like a bit of a dodgy dealer in general. I bought elsewhere.

What kind of car was it (just wondering)? I understand the batteries are let go flat before they're shipped (on hybrids from Japan anyway). Being a hybrid the brakes charge the car so it might need a good drive to put it right again. Having the car breakdown on the test drive is a bit dumb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭you2008

Hi
    Dose any station in Naas has free tyre air like those one at Tesco station?

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi

Applegreen on the Newbridge road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

you2008 wrote: »
    Hi

Maxol Mervyn's On the Kilcullen Rd has free air

What kind of car was it (just wondering)? I understand the batteries are let go flat before they're shipped (on hybrids from Japan anyway). Being a hybrid the brakes charge the car so it might need a good drive to put it right again. Having the car breakdown on the test drive is a bit dumb though.

It was just a heap of junk Yaris he was trying to offload, which is fair enough if he just told you out straight the deal. He had started the engine before I got in and was clearly hoping I wouldnt cop this and try a re-start.

Plus, judging from online reviews he has a history of knowingly selling duds.

I bought in Kildaragh used car centre in Newbridge in the end. No problems with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Dillosk412

Danish store JSYK are opening in Naas. Think of a small version of IKEA. Looks like its Naas retail park next door to Halfords where there were two Johnston shopfitting vans out the back this morning.
    There was one near to me in the UK and its a well priced store of good quality products.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Dillosk412 wrote: »
    Danish store JSYK are opening in Naas. Think of a small version of IKEA. Looks like its Naas retail park next door to Halfords where there were two Johnston shopfitting vans out the back this morning.
    There was one near to me in the UK and its a well priced store of good quality products.

Does anyone have any contacts for this project? Would like o talk to them about part of their fitout

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Does anyone know if Naas Racecourse is open to the public to walk around like Punchestown?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭hero001

Cerdito wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Naas Racecourse is open to the public to walk around like Punchestown?

Unfortunately, no it is not open to the public, they keep all gates locked, with the exception on the main entrance which opens during office hours.

There are however a couple of gaps in the hedge from which you can access it from, they do however block these up from time to time.

Cerdito wrote: »

No not quite, but the parkrun is there every Saturday morning.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

On the above, can anyone advise where to park to walk in the curragh? Often see people walking the fields on the left of the M7 as I’m travelling southbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Seen a sign for new housing estate called abbotsfield down in old town beside the GAA. Where is that going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

Dillosk412 wrote: »

Jysk. But yes, looking forward to this now (as much as it's possible to look forward to a furniture shop opening...).

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Telecaster58

hero001 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, no it is not open to the public, they keep all gates locked, with the exception on the main entrance which opens during office hours.

There are however a couple of gaps in the hedge from which you can access it from, they do however block these up from time to time.

It really is a disgrace that people are prevented from walking around the track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

Fire brigade, Gardai and ESB networks at Kildare Stoves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Fire brigade, Gardai and ESB networks at Kildare Stoves.

Was the house at the back that went on fire

Woman that lives there taken to hospital

They used the stove shop for access, it's all part of the house (used to work in the internet cafe and video shop years ago)

Was the house at the back that went on fire

Woman that lives there taken to hospital

They used the stove shop for access, it's all part of the house (used to work in the internet cafe and video shop years ago)

No way. Is she ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

beertons wrote: »
    No way. Is she ok?

Yeah I think so

The mother was in talking to Mr Goulding and got the info

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Dillosk412

IrishZeus wrote: »
    On the above, can anyone advise where to park to walk in the curragh? Often see people walking the fields on the left of the M7 as I’m travelling southbound.

Parking on hard standing just 30m on the road towards curragh camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

pad199207 wrote: »
    Seen a sign for new housing estate called abbotsfield down in old town beside the GAA. Where is that going in?

It’s in CLANE! I assume the builders or estate agent or some part of the project is common, but it’s just plane weird.

Paddy

Advertisement