Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    It’s in CLANE! I assume the builders or estate agent or some part of the project is common, but it’s just plane weird.

Paddy

What?? What is weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

What?? What is weird?

The sign for those abbotsfield houses, in Naas - beside newly built houses (in Naas) is for a development in Clane. I find that weird.

Paddy

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    The sign for those abbotsfield houses, in Naas - beside newly built houses (in Naas) is for a development in Clane. I find that weird.

Paddy

It's called advertising? Advertising new housing developments in an area where a high volume of traffic is passing through in the suburbs of Dublin at a time when the housing market is increasing seems pretty standard practice!

You see it everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's called advertising? Advertising new housing developments in an area where a high volume of traffic is passing through in the suburbs of Dublin at a time when the housing market is increasing seems pretty standard practice!

You see it everywhere!

It's cheap advertising. Advertise in the newspaper or on TV/radio. They're probably not even paying for the sign.

It's like advertising a supermacs outside McDonald's. It's cheap tactics.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It's cheap advertising. Advertise in the newspaper or on TV/radio. They're probably not even paying for the sign.

It's like advertising a supermacs outside McDonald's. It's cheap tactics.

No it isn't. What a ridiculous analogy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Hi all, could anyone recommend a good electrician in Naas or surrounding area? thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Hi all, could anyone recommend a good electrician in Naas or surrounding area? thanks :)

Hi jaffa, we use liam from akv electrical. Pm me if you want his number

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

I really don't like the Naas accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Dia1988 wrote: »

Go home you're drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Dia1988 wrote: »

The K4 accent ? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

Anyone know what work is going on at the Waterways?A good chunk of the front car park is fenced off,will make finding a space in the morning more of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 The Helpful Engineer

An insurance company are moving in there. Relocating from Naas main Street. I have forgotten their name

Murray ans Spellman

That's what their envisaged blueprint is..

GN4_DAT_10387166.jpg--kildare_firm_to_move_into_landmark_sallins_property.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

An insurance company are moving in there. Relocating from Naas main Street. I have forgotten their name

That's it so. Looks like I'll have to find somewhere else to park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

From James Lawless re: opening the Underground Carpark in The Waterways:

Update from Waterways on opening underground carpark:

“Going to tender presently on the groundwork’s rectification in Waterways. As soon as that works is completed it will be then safe to use the underground car park there. This also completes the requirement for lifting the enforcement notice put in place some years ago by KCC.
    The next few months should see all these works completed all going well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

In fairness to James Lawless - he seems to be very on the ball!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Fabric mill in Johnstown is closed apparently.

Bella Napoli closed also...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

It's a pity about Bella Napoli - was really an excellent restaurant. I thought it closed a while ago though....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

It's a pity about Bella Napoli - was really an excellent restaurant. I thought it closed a while ago though....

Heard that Macari had taken over the lease. That'd give him the Capri, Macari, Rustic, and the old McDonald's place.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Says on the sign on the door that it’s closed for renovations...

• Advertisement

Carrie6OD wrote: »
    Says on the sign on the door that it’s closed for renovations...

Apparently it said it on their Facebook page which is now deleted.

Naas ball posted something about it a couple of days ago.

(Assuming you're talking about the faric mill)

beertons wrote: »
    Heard that Macari had taken over the lease. That'd give him the Capri, Macari, Rustic, and the old McDonald's place.

Great... a town full of Macaris, Costas and barber shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭ARNOLD J RIMMER

We could also do with another Mobile repair place. There is only 4 or 5 on the mainstreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

I really do wonder how all the barber shops survive. I hate seeing businesses close down, but you do wonder how they can all be doing good business

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I really do wonder how all the barber shops survive. I hate seeing businesses close down, but you do wonder how they can all be doing good business

Can't get a haircut online.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Male fashion currently is for haircuts that require extreme maintenance. When that goes away - which it will (along with beards, tattoos and showing off your ankles) there will be quite a lot of barbers closing.

They can probably all re-train as laser tattoo removal technicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 doolepat

Is there any group keeping pressure on the local councilors in the Naas area to get the 126N bus back operational - was to be reviewed in the new year but it’s gone very quiet... or does anyone have any info they could share... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Basically Bus Eireann have lost the 126 daytime route and the new operator which comes in some time this year will have those times as part of their normal service

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2018/0316/947911-bus-eireann-kildare/

https://www.labour.ie/emmetstagg/news/15445515933315359.html

BE won't reinstate it at a quiet time of year when they're going to have to stop soon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

Apparently it said it on their Facebook page which is now deleted.

Naas ball posted something about it a couple of days ago.

(Assuming you're talking about the faric mill)

No was talking about the restaurant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Muttley_666

I noticed my barber shop put prices up since my last visit from €10 to €14. Now, I understand VAT, minimum wage etc all went up, but 40% ??

But then again, if there are six or seven barbers in the town, he can afford to raise prices as the demand is obvs there...

Advertisement