Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭gar

I noticed my barber shop put prices up since my last visit from €10 to €14. Now, I understand VAT, minimum wage etc all went up, but 40% ??

But then again, if there are six or seven barbers in the town, he can afford to raise prices as the demand is obvs there...

Im sure the upward only rates from the council are not helping either

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MotorMike

I noticed my barber shop put prices up since my last visit from €10 to €14. Now, I understand VAT, minimum wage etc all went up, but 40% ??

But then again, if there are six or seven barbers in the town, he can afford to raise prices as the demand is obvs there...

I wouldn’t go to any Barber charging as little as that, As it reflects the time and quality given to the head , Just my opinion however

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

mine went from €12 to €13 but thinking of moving to another one my son uses and he swears by them

and when you're talking about a fussy teenager who likes his hair exactly right, then I have to go with his word

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Hi, can anyone recommend a guy with a van to move a piece of furniture?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

zoeybelle wrote: »

How big is the furniture, and how far are you moving it? I have a transit connect, if I'm any use to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭zoeybelle

Thank you but I don't think it would fit, it's a large kitchen dresser?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

zoeybelle wrote: »

anyvan.ie is quite a good service. drivers bid to do a delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

We could also do with another Mobile repair place. There is only 4 or 5 on the mainstreet.

Ah, won't someone please think about the charity shops.......

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/362003/new-bus-service-operating-from-naas-to-dublin-set-to-start-this-month.html

New JJ Kavanagh's route from Naas to Dublin City/Airport starting 20th Feb. Should be quicker than the 126 as there's no stops between Fairways and Heuston (presume this means it takes the N7 the whole way). Also runs quite late, last bus 00:30 from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Cerdito wrote: »
    https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/362003/new-bus-service-operating-from-naas-to-dublin-set-to-start-this-month.html

New JJ Kavanagh's route from Naas to Dublin City/Airport starting 20th Feb. Should be quicker than the 126 as there's no stops between Fairways and Heuston (presume this means it takes the N7 the whole way). Also runs quite late, last bus 00:30 from Dublin.

Yeah it should be using the Chapelizod Bypass instead of Bluebell and Inchicore like the 126 bus does.
    It’s €7 euro single though where as it’s only €5 on Leap on Bus Eireann.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

pad199207 wrote: »
    Yeah it should be using the Chapelizod Bypass instead of Bluebell and Inchicore like the 126 bus does.
    It’s €7 euro single though where as it’s only €5 on Leap on Bus Eireann.

Leaves Rosville stop then N7,M50,N4 bus lane right into city so should be quick enough.

I read on Kildare Now that the single fare will be €5 from Naas to Town. So that’s just as cheap as Bus Eireann.

I’m also hearing that Dublin Bus could be introducing a new route from City Centre to Naas.

Does anyone know anything about the site being worked in beside Irish comericals, on the bypass road. It's only been around 2 weeks, and they've done serious work.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

beertons wrote:
    Does anyone know anything about the site being worked in beside Irish comericals, on the bypass road. It's only been around 2 weeks, and they've done serious work.

I think it's going to be a phone shop or a barbers! ;)

beertons wrote: »

Fuel Station so I’ve been told

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I think it's going to be a phone shop or a barbers! ;)

Phone shop and a barbers with a Costa upstairs ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Does anyone know where to find drawings for the new M7. I see this morning they've cleared an area just North of the Sallins bridge. Also can't figure out what the Newhall/Newbridge Road interchange will look like either. The website they advertise on the roadworks only has a very large scale drawing, hard to see the detail

I read on Kildare Now that the single fare will be €5 from Naas to Town. So that’s just as cheap as Bus Eireann.

I’m also hearing that Dublin Bus could be introducing a new route from City Centre to Naas.

JJ could have added a late night service at weekends to replace the Bus Eireann service which was very popular.
    Go bus won't be taking over the 126 route til after the summer and the late night service will be part of normal timetable then.

Work going on in the McDonald's building, beside Grace's. Rustic 101, or whatever the new name is.

Does anyone know where to find drawings for the new M7. I see this morning they've cleared an area just North of the Sallins bridge. Also can't figure out what the Newhall/Newbridge Road interchange will look like either. The website they advertise on the roadworks only has a very large scale drawing, hard to see the detail

There's an entire thread on the by pass in the kildare section. Lots of disgruntled, pedantic drivers who are a wealth of information. You have been warned....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,820 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's an entire thread on the by pass in the kildare section. Lots of disgruntled, pedantic drivers who are a wealth of information. You have been warned....

This *is* the Kildare section!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

Where did you hear that from and what route would it take? Naas seems to finally be getting the public transport attention it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

When the bus departs Naas it will head in directly along the N7 onto the M50 come off at J7 and straight in the N4 bus lane all the way, first stop Hueston Station, then Eden Quay, North Wall then Port Tunnell to the Airport. Bus every 30 mins peak times is great and I would think if the demand proves to be there that will increase. Just look at Ashbourne as an example its served by Bus Eireann but Ashbourne Connect have set up a good business with a top class service to the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

soundman45 wrote: »
    When the bus departs Naas it will head in directly along the N7 onto the M50 come off at J7 and straight in the N4 bus lane all the way, first stop Hueston Station, then Eden Quay, North Wall then Port Tunnell to the Airport. Bus every 30 mins peak times is great and I would think if the demand proves to be there that will increase. Just look at Ashbourne as an example its served by Bus Eireann but Ashbourne Connect have set up a good business with a top class service to the city.

While it sounds a good route it'll be an absolute disaster at rush hour. There's no bus lane until it gets to Palmerstown on the n4 and at peak traffic that'll take at least an hour. On a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

While it sounds a good route it'll be an absolute disaster at rush hour. There's no bus lane until it gets to Palmerstown on the n4 and at peak traffic that'll take at least an hour. On a good day.

In fairness the bus lane starts at the petrol station which is not that far down from the exit off the M50

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/365861/breaking-route-chosen-for-naas-ring-road.html

Decision made on Naas ring Road. Looks like they're going for the cheap option.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Kaizer Sosa

Just moving to the area and wondering if the Finlay Park estate is serviced by SIRO? If not, what is the fastest/best broadband provider available in the estate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/365861/breaking-route-chosen-for-naas-ring-road.html

Decision made on Naas ring Road. Looks like they're going for the cheap option.

Can you explain what this means please? What impact will this decision have and is it a good or bad thing?
    What's the better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭kildarejohn

Can you explain what this means please? What impact will this decision have and is it a good or bad thing?
    What's the better option?

Mantis is not quite right when he/she says "decision made". What has actually happened is that "expert consultants" have put forward Route 2 (the short route adjoining the Gallops) as the preferred option, rather than Route 6 (the long route through farmland beyond the racecourse). But the decision has to be voted on by elected councillors.

• Advertisement

Just moving to the area and wondering if the Finlay Park estate is serviced by SIRO? If not, what is the fastest/best broadband provider available in the estate?

Fiber is available in naas so you should get a good connection. You should have eir/virgin/vodafone. Vodafone has worked well for me with very few issues. Virgin seems to be a bit volatile going by reports on here but I don't have it

Advertisement