Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭simons104

Fiber is available in naas so you should get a good connection. You should have eir/virgin/vodafone. Vodafone has worked well for me with very few issues. Virgin seems to be a bit volatile going by reports on here but I don't have it

What about Sky broadband?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

Leo Burdocks to open up in Naas in the coming weeks on Wolfe Tone St. Should do well as Naas is practically Dublin anyways....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

pad199207 wrote: »
    Leo Burdocks to open up in Naas in the coming weeks on Wolfe Tone St. Should do well as Naas is practically Dublin anyways....

What's it like?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What's it like?

It's amazing. Mmmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

beertons wrote: »
    It's amazing. Mmmmmm.

Nice one, not a great spot for a takeaway though, not alot on passers by, the subway there is usually quiet.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

What's it like?

Pure nom! Will give the chippers in Naas a good run for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Nice one, not a great spot for a takeaway though, not alot on passers by, the subway there is usually quiet.

I imagine the name will draw people. The new Yorker place really didn't last long. Six months? Agree it's a horrendous place to have a business relying on foot fall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I imagine the name will draw people. The new Yorker place really didn't last long. Six months? Agree it's a horrendous place to have a business relying on foot fall

And the place before them was open no time, and the place before that, and....

Keen to see Burdocks in Naas - but that location just seems to be a black spot for food places.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    And the place before them was open no time, and the place before that, and....

Keen to see Burdocks in Naas - but that location just seems to be a black spot for food places.

Paddy

It might depend on the outlet. Domino's and Thai Station in Sallins are busy spots and they're in a terrible location for footfall.

I think most people will either drive to or get delivery so Burdock's having a good name will push it to the top of a lot people's take away list. A generic Chinese or kebab house are facing an up hill battle from the start.

I may be completely wrong though.

It might depend on the outlet. Domino's and Thai Station in Sallins are busy spots and they're in a terrible location for footfall.

I think most people will either drive to or get delivery so Burdock's having a good name will push it to the top of a lot people's take away list. A generic Chinese or kebab house are facing an up hill battle from the start.

I may be completely wrong though.

Yeah burdocks are arriving with an already well established name. God I hope they sell Ray!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

Just moving to the area and wondering if the Finlay Park estate is serviced by SIRO? If not, what is the fastest/best broadband provider available in the estate?

Hi, I live in Finlay. I've tons of info for you. Do you want to PM me?

What's going on at Newhall cross on the Rathangan road? Alot of excavation and stakes down in the field opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Link here to Kildare Coco ‘Naas transport strategy’ online public consultation:

Online questionnaire available from March 5th to April 5th

http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/RoadsandTransportation/NaasTransportStrategy/

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭eusap

What's going on at Newhall cross on the Rathangan road? Alot of excavation and stakes down in the field opposite.

I seen that yesterday, was wondering if it was a link road to the new junction 10?

eusap wrote: »
    I seen that yesterday, was wondering if it was a link road to the new junction 10?

Took the road up to the newbridge road, and there's stakes up the whole way, to the council compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

It's a new foul sewer main coming from newbridge to osberstown.

Most likely a Fuel Station , but anybody confirm what they are constructing beside Volvo on Millennium?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Most likely a Fuel Station , but anybody confirm what they are constructing beside Volvo on Millennium?

An Applegreen

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭RobbieP

An Applegreen

It is indeed an Applegreen. If you go to google maps it's on there. It shows up as " Applegreen New"

RobbieP wrote: »
    It is indeed an Applegreen. If you go to google maps it's on there. It shows up as " Applegreen New"

Is there access from the motorway or ring road?

• Advertisement

Is there access from the motorway or ring road?

Off the ring road. Will be a busy stop, when the new fly over opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Tomrota

My initial thoughts were another Costa, since they’re lacking on the south side of Naas. But having seen it yesterday, it’s defjnitrly another petrol station.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

https://fora.ie/lidl-second-store-naas-4517826-Mar2019

Lidl are withdrawing their appeal against planning refusal for the store on the corner of Maudlins and Dublin Roads

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Road closed in Monread, Maudlins Avenue following a Fatal car accident tonight emergency services are still at the scene road may be closed for some time RIP to the poor person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

rosiem wrote: »
    Road closed in Monread, Maudlins Avenue following a Fatal car accident tonight emergency services are still at the scene road may be closed for some time RIP to the poor person.

Are you sure it was fatal. I really hope you are wrong. Apparently it was a kid but thankfully I have heard from no source it was fatal..

Are you sure it was fatal. I really hope you are wrong. Apparently it was a kid but thankfully I have heard from no source it was fatal..

Yeah I’ve heard it was fatal. RIP. Was only 12 years old.

No words for this. Devastating doesn't come close..

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭soundman45

Not fatal apparently

Yeah now I’m hearing it wasn’t fatal.

• Advertisement

This is what I thought, it would clearly have been "mentioned" somewhere at the very least if it was. There is barely a reference to the incident online or twitter, the usual sources etc that I can see

Advertisement