Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,190 ✭✭✭pad199207

This is what I thought, it would clearly have been "mentioned" somewhere at the very least if it was. There is barely a reference to the incident online or twitter, the usual sources etc that I can see

Yeah true. I heard from multiple people that it was fatal.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭rosiem

Was reported on twitter last night by Naas Ball that it was fatal but delighted to hear this is not the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

rosiem wrote: »
    Was reported on twitter last night by Naas Ball that it was fatal but delighted to hear this is not the case.

Unless they amended the tweet this was the tweet they put out. Very poor form by an a/c with 4000 or so followers if they immediately jumped the gun and claimed it was fatal.

https://twitter.com/NaasBall/status/1104509362280808449

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Don't see anything in that tweet saying fatal?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

They amended the original posts they put out last night on Facebook also saying it was fatal.

• Advertisement

Retraction on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Completely separate to the incident referred to immediately above, as i havent heard anything else about this incident apart from what i read above, i and dont know the circumstances, driver could have been driving very safely and the accident could not have been avoided for all i know...

..But the cars generally around naas residental estates drive far too fast. save a few seconds car travel time by going fast. this whole 50km/h general limit doesnt mean they need to travel that fast. plus i see cars wrecking their brakes and suspension at ramps. defeating the whole purpose of ramps.

im not a fan of Seanie Moore's policies generally but he is suggesting a 30km/h speed limit that id be in big favour of.

Whats peoples opinions on the new road?

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/residents-opposed-naas-inner-relief-road-route-release-statement/270904

I think it's great but the people at punchestown gate/the gallops will get a raw deal.
    Surely they would have been told about this when those houses were built.

The option that would have suited punchestown gate/the gallops would have cost alot more. Not sure how much more, but im assuming its coming from KCC's coffers so there would be less money for other initiatives in Naas/ Kildare.

sdraobs wrote: »
    The option that would have suited punchestown gate/the gallops would have cost alot more. Not sure how much more, but im assuming its coming from KCC's coffers so there would be less money for other initiatives in Naas/ Kildare.

Its a bit of a stretch to say any other estates will be affected by it.
    Maybe those few houses beside the old IDA.
    I've family/and friends in woodlands and they all welcome it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd have put it the far side of the race course, either starting near the old gaa or at the old concrete place beside donnelly mirrors. Get money off the NTA, Grant apple green permission and use their rates to speed it up. Loads of green fields, shouldn't take too long.

beertons wrote: »
    I'd have put it the far side of the race course, either starting near the old gaa or at the old concrete place beside donnelly mirrors. Get money off the NTA, Grant apple green permission and use their rates to speed it up. Loads of green fields, shouldn't take too long.

Absolutely they're picking the wrong route. The road needs to coming off the naas ball roundabout and coming out close to Craddockstown golf club. But that route would be more expensive.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Absolutely they're picking the wrong route. The road needs to coming off the naas ball roundabout and coming out close to Craddockstown golf club. But that route would be more expensive.

Hindsight is a great thing. Which all our elected officials lack in abundance. They cheaped out on the bridge on the n7, they'll do the same with this road. I feel sorry for those in the gallops, but the only way they're going to have it moved, it to make an obscene amount of noise, and get cash together to get engineers reports about increased tremors in the ground, houses shaking. How much cash to raise, who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

I don't think this route should be built.
    It's not a "ring" road if it's in the town.

The amount of HGVs the south ring road carries is insane, I can only assume some of them will be on this stretch then too. It'll be a major problem for the people living along the stretch.

I don't think this route should be built.
    It's not a "ring" road if it's in the town.

The amount of HGVs the south ring road carries is insane, I can only assume some of them will be on this stretch then too. It'll be a major problem for the people living along the stretch.

But if its not built the HGV's will continue to block up the Dublin road.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

This will be the 3rd section of ring road that doesn't join up with the "ring".

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

But if its not built the HGV's will continue to block up the Dublin road.

Force them to use the M7 no?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭hero001

Whats peoples opinions on the new road?

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/residents-opposed-naas-inner-relief-road-route-release-statement/270904

I think it's great but the people at punchestown gate/the gallops will get a raw deal.
    Surely they would have been told about this when those houses were built.

While this road was planned almost 30 years ago, it was due to be an inner relief and part of that road was build be developers as part of their planning permission. However, this scheme will now widen those roads. They are now talking about a much bigger road, which will have 7,500 traffic movements per day from day one, which will increase to over 10,000 traffic movements based on the impact report, which is higher that a not of national primary roads or major 2 lane ring roads around towns like kilkenny. All via a residential area, with no provision for traffic calming. All this traffic will also need to go somewhere, so there will be a significant increase in traffic up the ballycane road, which I'm sure those residence are not happy with.

The proposed traffic lights at the gallops/Dublin road junction will struggle to cope with traffic from 4 directions, so this will become the new traffic black spot.

From what I'm told, KCC accept that this road is not the long term answer to the traffic issues in Naas, but they have funding for it via LIHAF on the basis that it will allow them to build more houses on the Blessington road, so they are going to build it, if they get approval from the councillors.

hero001 wrote: »
    so there will be a significant increase in traffic up the ballycane road, which I'm sure those residence are not happy with.

The extra cars won't just appear out of nowhere though .
    They are currently there but they have to go down to the crossings and turn left.
    Even if the road is moved to outside the race course they will still have to drive up ballycane hill.
    The reality is that both routes are needed.
    As you said it's been a long time coming in one form or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭hero001

The extra cars won't just appear out of nowhere though .
    They are currently there but they have to go down to the crossings and turn left.
    Even if the road is moved to outside the race course they will still have to drive up ballycane hill.
    The reality is that both routes are needed.
    As you said it's been a long time coming in one form or another.

Yes and No, There are a number major housing schemes on the blessington road which can't be built until this road opens, so there will be extra cars. This is also the only reason funding was provided for the road.

Also a lot of the traffic from the new developments on the Kilcullen road will go via ballycane hill and not the main street, so we will have a quite main street, but busy roads in residential areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Jobs being advertised for Burger King in the new Applegreen Millennium Park

New shoe shop open, called ForFootSake.

Very clever.

Except when the kids repeat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭wilser

Handy for the kids in a couple of years when the new school is opened 😉

I think if the economy stays going the way it is, I’d say Millennium Park will become a mini Citywest.

The new motorway interchange, and upgrade makes it a very desirable location.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

https://ie.indeed.com/jobs?q=burger%20king&l&advn=1625045468669800&vjk=faf475c4fee44c85

It seems all the new Burger Kings built around Ireland lately have been part of Applegreen petrol stations. I believe McDonalds have a similar partnership with Circle K garages.

wilser wrote: »
    Handy for the kids in a couple of years when the new school is opened ��

hahaha i take it you are being sarcastic. ive a faint recall of their being bans against new fast food outlets within a certain distance of schools.

Millenium park seems a bit slow to develop. wonder if there is a demand with their being so much greenfield sites in dublin awaiting rezoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Looking for a plasterer to do a small job. Removed a corner shower in a room including wall tiles, now need the area fixed up.

Anyone with a contact that would take on something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭john_johnerson

Starbucks going into the jolly unit.

Hard to get excited by that one. Costa missed a trick there.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭tempnam

Starbucks going into the jolly unit.

Hard to get excited by that one. Costa missed a trick there.

Saw that on the Naas Ball Facebook page.... doesn't say where that information came from? Wonder if it's true.

• Advertisement

tempnam wrote: »
    Saw that on the Naas Ball Facebook page.... doesn't say where that information came from? Wonder if it's true.

Apparently it is true yes. Not surprising because Starbucks are fond of modern glassy facades on their stores. I think it’s a good addition because

1. We actually don’t have one in Naas already
    2. It’s good to have a choice.
    3. It’s not another bloody Costa.

Advertisement